Author Topic: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is  (Read 813 times)

LiLDuVall tHe CaLi-Vanian

• 'G'
Re: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:18 PM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

i can see your point homie but if you was black and all you seen was black people drowning in water, stuck on rooftops, little babies cryin because their hungry, police about to kill people because they were trying to survive, media callin these u.s. citizens refugees, and george bush just flyin over the city lookin not doin shit...now im not tryin to exclude the white people that was affected in N.O. but majority of the people was black so u can understand where kanye was coming from as a black persons point of view and lets be real if he did say poor people instead of black people majority of the u.s. would think he was talkin about black people anyway because thats what u saw on tv

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 06:33:48 PM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

i can see your point homie but if you was black and all you seen was black people drowning in water, stuck on rooftops, little babies cryin because their hungry, police about to kill people because they were trying to survive, media callin these u.s. citizens refugees, and george bush just flyin over the city lookin not doin shit...now im not tryin to exclude the white people that was affected in N.O. but majority of the people was black so u can understand where kanye was coming from as a black persons point of view and lets be real if he did say poor people instead of black people majority of the u.s. would think he was talkin about black people anyway because thats what u saw on tv

Kanye has been known to say some asinine shit, and his New Orleans quote isn't any different. If he would have said "poor people" instead of "black people", there most definately would not have been a backlash towards Kanye. Besides, everyones houses were destroyed in N.O. and their lives were ruined. It was the poor people, who were mostly black, who just so happened to stay in N.O. That doesn't justify Kanye saying Bush hates black people.

« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 07:18:07 PM »
we be clubbin is hood as fuck. i heard that shit non stop for years in my suburb-that-was-quickly-turning-into-a-ghetto in Rialto/San Bernardino area growing up

-T

Yeah it is. I rarely hear it in the clubs but they play Hypnotize, California Love and all these other songs instead. That song will STILL set a club off. That was a dope soundtrack too, The Players Club. That We Be Clubbin remix was dope as fuck too.
That track was nuts. My radio station played it like crazy maybe 2001 or sometime around then(the years have blended together)... Was it on a soundtrack or something?

• 'G'
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007, 07:22:09 PM »

-T

Kanye has been known to say some asinine shit, and his New Orleans quote isn't any different. If he would have said "poor people" instead of "black people", there most definately would not have been a backlash towards Kanye. Besides, everyones houses were destroyed in N.O. and their lives were ruined. It was the poor people, who were mostly black, who just so happened to stay in N.O. That doesn't justify Kanye saying Bush hates black people.

my heart goes out to all the people who was affected by katrina ya know but me being black homie i can understand where kanye was comin from i was like hell yea props to him for sayin that shit cuzz it took some balls to say that because thats how i was feelin and how most of my friends was feelin i guess its to each its own everybody got they own opinion but anyway i can already see this turnin into some race shit so fuck bush and all the people who voted for him and death certificate is one of the best hip hop albums of all time its still relavant to this day

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 11:36:15 PM »
to me it doesn't take balls to say black people are victims. that's all rappers do, and it's politically correct.

it would have taken more balls to be willling to say something different and intelligent, to unite people with his statement regardless of race...but it's not cool to seem smart or positive, that's why he brags out of dropping out of college and not the fact that he went in the first place

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

MediumL

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
didnt get around to hearing this album too much. cube went off on some racist tirades that didnt sit well.

dude. you've missed out on a CLASSIC. I'm assuming those racist tirades didn't sit well with you especially if you haven't heard the album all that much?

well, i mean ive definitely heard the album.. but im an asian cat, and the black korea song didnt sit well with me at all. and i wasnt about to go bumpin this cd that was dissin my race/ethnicity of people.. so take it for what it is.

Same with me on Lethal Injection. Cave Bitch didnt go down to well cause i'm mixed race, although my mum aint white, my dads white.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

XaNdEr

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2007, 11:50:20 PM »
to me it doesn't take balls to say black people are victims. that's all rappers do, and it's politically correct.

it would have taken more balls to be willling to say something different and intelligent, to unite people with his statement regardless of race...but it's not cool to seem smart or positive, that's why he brags out of dropping out of college and not the fact that he went in the first place

-T

yeah, i totally agree. a lot of rappers make racist statements as well, and to say white people hate black people is too stupid for words, and wether he points towards bush, the pope or any other white person. me being white, i can officially state i dont hate anyone except for people that hate me, and wether you are white, black, orange, yellow, green, red or blue that doesnt matter to me really  :-\

its so cheap and easy to say something like that without trying to give the good example and actually try to improve the situation. its easy to criticize people, to judge people and make bold (generalised) statements like that but actually help, make people understand the situation and try to improve eachothers view on the world and stuff like that, that is much harder, and thats where many people give up...

imo, kanye dropping out of college and boasting about stuff like he is the new jesus, bush hates black people etc. he is not really someone to take seriously, his music is dope, good producer, but as a person he is kinda weak.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2007, 11:53:04 PM »
and what's so shitty about it with him is that ONE word would have made all the difference to me, you know?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 11:54:03 PM »
after thinking about it I say that^^^ because were I given the chance to say something I would have said EXACTLY what he said but with 'poor' instead of 'black' and would have felt that that was the best I could do, given a sound bite you know?

-T

westcoastavengers.com

XaNdEr

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2007, 11:58:48 PM »
yeah i know, but i get the feeling he said what he said intentionally. like he knew the consequences of his words and he knew what he was saying, you cant say hes too stupid not to know... :-\

but its cool nowadays to show youre stupid, or better have a lack of braincapacity  :-X

Raphael

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »
i remember Bud having a Death Certificate poster on his door on Married With Children.

dclee

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
i remember Bud having a Death Certificate poster on his door on Married With Children.

hahahah i remember that shit! bud bundy was the man lol.

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2007, 03:52:51 PM »

-T

my dude this is hip hop it was started by black people so it may seem like rappers are making black people seem like victims to you but to them there telling it how they see it and how they feel from a black perspective so you can't fault them for that.  To me it took balls to say that because no other black entertainer nor any entertainer would say that but i bet they feeling they same way kanye was, i agree kanye may make some outlandish comments, and cries like a bitch when he doesn't win a award but i give him props for stating how he feels about that situation and i bet you a lot of the people in new orleans felt the same way

yeah i know, but i get the feeling he said what he said intentionally. like he knew the consequences of his words and he knew what he was saying, you cant say hes too stupid not to know... :-\

but its cool nowadays to show youre stupid, or better have a lack of braincapacity  :-X

man kanye spoke on some real shit i still salute him for saying what he said and if thats what you call stupid man then thats your opinion...but its seem like you think he planned backstage like " u know what im gonna say george bush doesn't like black people that would make everyone mad and cause a stir" after watching the video it seems like to me he was just speaking from off top of his head it didn't seem like he meant to say it or planned it thats just how he felt...but hey thats your guys opinion

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2007, 05:32:37 PM »
The people in new orleans? You want to know what the people in new orleans saw? POOR PEOPLE FUCKED. ALL COLORS. It ain't 1950, or even 1990. race is the way they divide the people, classism is REALLY what's going on and you're right Kanye didn't plan it. he probably doesn't understand the concept of classism because he's too busy saying shit that it's cool to say, playing the victim.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2007, 05:56:21 PM »
race is the way they divide the people, classism is REALLY what's going on

i agree about this statement u said thats real talk...but kanye wasn't playin the victim he was just speaking up for his people he saw BLACK PEOPLE FUCKED on the media and they way the media portrayed them so thats why he said what he said on the spur of the moment type shit maybe if he really sat down and thought it out maybe he would've said somethin different i don't know neither do u  but my dude this is gonna keep going back and forth so have a good weekend and smoke some of herb in your pictures