Author Topic: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is  (Read 847 times)

Paul

Re: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 10:21:13 AM »
could never really get into it, will give it another listen cause summer vacation is my fav cube track
funkyfreshintheflesh

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »
Dope indeed but Cube was at his prime when The Predator came out IMO

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »
Yeah, funny thing is, I remember the day that album dropped and it was bananas.  It was in heavy rotation when it first came out.  That was a good year for West Coast hip-hop, pre-Chronic era.  I specifically remember it, because I had just graduated from High School in May, 1991, and Ice-T dropped the O.G. Original Gangster album that same month, which was also bangin', and then in October of that same year, Cube dropped Death Certificate.  Then a month after Death Certificate dropped, 2Pac's debut, 2Pacalypse Now was released.

I just bumped Death Certificate about a week ago, and it was nostaligic.  Still sounds as good today as it did back then.

you must be old as fuck

We Fly High

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
didnt get around to hearing this album too much. cube went off on some racist tirades that didnt sit well.

Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 11:53:09 AM »
didnt get around to hearing this album too much. cube went off on some racist tirades that didnt sit well.

dude. you've missed out on a CLASSIC. I'm assuming those racist tirades didn't sit well with you especially if you haven't heard the album all that much?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »
Yeah, funny thing is, I remember the day that album dropped and it was bananas.  It was in heavy rotation when it first came out.  That was a good year for West Coast hip-hop, pre-Chronic era.  I specifically remember it, because I had just graduated from High School in May, 1991, and Ice-T dropped the O.G. Original Gangster album that same month, which was also bangin', and then in October of that same year, Cube dropped Death Certificate.  Then a month after Death Certificate dropped, 2Pac's debut, 2Pacalypse Now was released.

I just bumped Death Certificate about a week ago, and it was nostaligic.  Still sounds as good today as it did back then.

you must be old as fuck

LOL!!!  Dude, I remember the very 1st episode of Yo! MTV Raps.... so yeah, I'm old as fuck.

I was like 6 years old when DC was released. Geez...

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 12:00:43 PM »

you must be old as fuck

LOL!!!  Dude, I remember the very 1st episode of Yo! MTV Raps.... so yeah, I'm old as fuck.

I was like 6 years old when DC was released. Geez...

I was 1 :D

We Fly High

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »

dude. you've missed out on a CLASSIC. I'm assuming those racist tirades didn't sit well with you especially if you haven't heard the album all that much?

well, i mean ive definitely heard the album.. but im an asian cat, and the black korea song didnt sit well with me at all. and i wasnt about to go bumpin this cd that was dissin my race/ethnicity of people.. so take it for what it is.

drakeshakenbake

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 12:25:18 PM »
It is a dope album, a classic in my opinion. I love storytelling in rap, and ice cube is one of the best at it.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
it is one album im missing from my damn collection.... well im missing a few of cubes joints

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 12:48:24 PM »

well, i mean ive definitely heard the album.. but im an asian cat, and the black korea song didnt sit well with me at all. and i wasnt about to go bumpin this cd that was dissin my race/ethnicity of people.. so take it for what it is.

I respect that, +1

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 02:19:43 PM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

thanks to rich people poor people can sit in front of the television all day and eat fucking friend chicken to the point it's unealthy, those africans dont have that chance

Pushinbigbody00

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • RIP DJ SCREW / FREE TWISTED BLACK
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 12:15:59 AM »
DEATH CERTIFICATE IS ONE OF THE BEST WEST COAST ALBUMS EVER!! SOME OF YALL YOUNGER ONES, DONT REALIZE HOW BIG THAT ALBUM WAS..I PUT IT UP THERE WITH THE CHRONIC.. ITS DEFINILTY CUBES BEST ALBUM, BY FAR..
check out my 90's vinyl bargain bin..tons of classics & rare ish for the low!

http://www.discogs.com/seller/pusherman972

dclee

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 01:00:13 AM »
classic album but honestly I prefer AMW a little more. but this album is great, and i like the whole life and death side aspect of it. and color blind is a dope posse cut. other than that, my summer vacation is my other favorite track. I remember reading an interview with Shorty (I think) from Da Lench Mob and he was saying how Ice Cube got the idea for My Summer Vacation from shit that the dudes from da lench mob actually did or some shit like that.