Author Topic: best NON-WESTCOAST g-funk albums  (Read 441 times)

Re: best NON-WESTCOAST g-funk albums
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 05:20:35 PM »

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 05:43:36 PM »
Guess alot of people were influened by Parliament at that time. As far as G-Funk goes, I wouldn't really consider East 1999 a "g-funk" album. "1st of the Month", "Buddah Lovaz", etc. had that vibe, but I thought Bone, regardless of where U-Neek was from, had there own sound.

Al Bundy

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 05:50:17 PM »

Dare Iz A Darkside = My favorite red album

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
Guess alot of people were influened by Parliament at that time. As far as G-Funk goes, I wouldn't really consider East 1999 a "g-funk" album. "1st of the Month", "Buddah Lovaz", etc. had that vibe, but I thought Bone, regardless of where U-Neek was from, had there own sound.

yeah they definetly had more of their own sound you could tell if you've heard Faces Of Death

you could say they mixed their own style with g-funk on their next 2 albums very much

Klue

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 07:04:34 PM »
Touie - Saved Gansta really tihgt album from Dayton Ohio

Playa G - Pimp shit......OOh DAAAMN yeah this shit iis THE best memphis album of all time !! this track: fuck the trunk blow my fuckin mind away  8) 8) 8) 8)

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 07:31:17 PM »
JUST BECAUSE an album/artist has a funk influence does not make it G-Funk. People seriously get the definition of 'funk' and g-funk mixed up. Eric never did g-funk, always funk. same with rap-a-lot.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 07:53:09 PM »
JUST BECAUSE an album/artist has a funk influence does not make it G-Funk. People seriously get the definition of 'funk' and g-funk mixed up. Eric never did g-funk, always funk. same with rap-a-lot.

True, true.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 09:24:14 PM »
G-Funk=played out 10 years ago, why r we still talking about it?

lol

Narrator

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 01:52:20 AM »
wasnt creepin on ah come up produced by eazy e and bizzy bone? though dj u neek came in for eternal

No, Eazy never produced tracks for them.  "Creepin On Ah Come Up" was produced by U-Neek, Yella, and also Rhythm D.

Bullshit, now you're making shit up.  It wasn't just a Parliament influence, it was the style of production through and through.  Even though it isn't always that way, G-Funk can certainly be dark and gritty..."Deep Cover" sounded like that, and that's one of the first G-Funk songs ever made.  The heavy elastic bass, the whiny synthesizers, live instrumention, and melodic approach to hooks are the defining production techniques in G-Funk, and Bone's 1st two albums follow that template to a tee.  Bone was G-Funk, everyone at the time classified them as such, and that is precisely what they were.  They may have had their own rapping style and they may have been darker than say, Warren G, but they were still G-Funk.  Don't argue with me about it anymore.

Eazy never did G-Funk?  Are you kidding me?  What do you think "Real Muthaphuckin Gs" was?  Lest you forget, Eazy had Above The Law signed to Ruthless in the early-90s, and Big Hutch often claims he was the originator of G-Funk, not Dre.  And Eazy rapped over Hutch's beats quite frequently, plus Yella and Rhythm D were doing G-Funk imitation production.  As for Rap-A-Lot, Scarface's albums after "The World Is Yours" had something of a G-Funk influence as well.

I am not confusing funk and G-Funk; I know the difference very well.  And Eazy-E was doing G-Funk by the mid-90s once the trend had established itself in the mainstream and everyone else was doing it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:01:57 AM by Guerilla_From_Tha_Mist »

Klue

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 06:41:53 AM »
there's also some gfunk album over there in East coast...I think about Raw Deal by Big U and the madhouse crew.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 06:49:39 AM »
G-Funk - slowed down tempo of funk music with gangsta rap/gangsta rap style vocals

thought i would put that down before some other seriously dumb shithead tries to tell me what g-funk is

Soopahigh

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »

Eazy never did G-Funk?  Are you kidding me?  What do you think "Real Muthaphuckin Gs" was?  

He was talking bout Erick Sermon...

XaNdEr

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
G-Funk=played out 10 years ago, why r we still talking about it?

Lol, its like everyone idolizes a genre that is not much anymore to the world outside the west, but hates on the next new things coming out (50 Cent, Timbaland, recent Dre beats etc.)....people just scared of change  :D

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
wasnt creepin on ah come up produced by eazy e and bizzy bone? though dj u neek came in for eternal

No, Eazy never produced tracks for them.  "Creepin On Ah Come Up" was produced by U-Neek, Yella, and also Rhythm D.

Bullshit, now you're making shit up.  It wasn't just a Parliament influence, it was the style of production through and through.  Even though it isn't always that way, G-Funk can certainly be dark and gritty..."Deep Cover" sounded like that, and that's one of the first G-Funk songs ever made.  The heavy elastic bass, the whiny synthesizers, live instrumention, and melodic approach to hooks are the defining production techniques in G-Funk, and Bone's 1st two albums follow that template to a tee.  Bone was G-Funk, everyone at the time classified them as such, and that is precisely what they were.  They may have had their own rapping style and they may have been darker than say, Warren G, but they were still G-Funk.  Don't argue with me about it anymore.

They had there own sound, people thought it was g-funk or funk "influenced", it was never considered a g-funk album ( east 1999 or Creepin on a come up ). And the Funk influence on "Deep Cover" is so easy to miss you wouldn't catch it unless your a loser, overanalyzing shit. That was a grimey record, alot of Bone tracks had a G-funk vibe, but they had a darker style all of there own, again, regardless of where there producers were from.