Author Topic: best NON-WESTCOAST g-funk albums  (Read 444 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: best NON-WESTCOAST g-funk albums
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »
G-Funk=played out 10 years ago, why r we still talking about it?

Lol, its like everyone idolizes a genre that is not much anymore to the world outside the west, but hates on the next new things coming out (50 Cent, Timbaland, recent Dre beats etc.)....people just scared of change  :D

You're right, it's not like I'd instantly turn off a song just because it's G-Funk, but it's fucking 2007! There are too many new styles/artists to be hung up on one style that, outside of Cali, died years and years ago. G-Funk is like the same to me as Crunk, Mobb, Hyphy ( because it's already dead imo ) , Backpacker and what not. It's cool to like it, but be open to other shit, and don't idolize a style like it was really that great or ever coming back.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
Reefer: you the homey but I'm gonna have to agree with guerilla unit on the fact that
-Bone is g funk
-e 1999 is g funk
-eazy is g funk
-deep cover is g funk

and I think, fuck genre, if it bangs, it bangs.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »
Reefer: you the homey but I'm gonna have to agree with guerilla unit on the fact that
-Bone is g funk
-e 1999 is g funk
-eazy is g funk
-deep cover is g funk

and I think, fuck genre, if it bangs, it bangs.

-T

East 1999 is my absolute favorite album of all time, and I have NEVER considered it G-Funk. It had some influences,  but it was much better than any g-funk album could ever be. And Tanj, you know I got love for you, but g-funk was just a gimmicky style too me, and I though Bone was way above that.

I gotta say I do love the old Dre & Snoop albums ( Deep Cover was not g-funk to anyone outside of Cali ), but even hearing the phrase g-funk is corny to me nowadays. Not trying to tell anyone who feels otherwise that there taste is wrong, just speaking on mine.

dameons

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2007, 07:58:14 PM »
Finally, a great question that we've never seen................

XaNdEr

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 04:38:20 AM »

Lol, its like everyone idolizes a genre that is not much anymore to the world outside the west, but hates on the next new things coming out (50 Cent, Timbaland, recent Dre beats etc.)....people just scared of change  :D

You're right, it's not like I'd instantly turn off a song just because it's G-Funk, but it's fucking 2007! There are too many new styles/artists to be hung up on one style that, outside of Cali, died years and years ago. G-Funk is like the same to me as Crunk, Mobb, Hyphy ( because it's already dead imo ) , Backpacker and what not. It's cool to like it, but be open to other shit, and don't idolize a style like it was really that great or ever coming back.

word up, i check everything new or old, thats why i dont hate on Timbaland's new album. Its all good to me, the wider the variety of styles the better.  8) 8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 10:19:12 AM »

word up, i check everything new or old, thats why i dont hate on Timbaland's new album. Its all good to me, the wider the variety of styles the better.  8) 8)
you should check out some bob dylan

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Suga Foot

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 11:39:35 AM »

This was one of my favorite albums in the 5th grade