Author Topic: XXL interviews The Fixxers (Quik explain what happened with his sister)  (Read 488 times)

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
Man, if it's true his sisters must be some crazy crack-heads!

Check it out:
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=9162

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
He keeps mentioning his sisters, but he said he lied abouth that and only has one sister.

Davizz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Keep It Fonky
^ Yeh there he mentions only Stacey Armstrong, but he attacked Debra Armostrong... that' why I said "if it's true", but I think he's more serious with XXL.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Btw, props on this.

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
sounds like he's going at dre with that i ain't a ruthless guy/never stole publishing shit

"Quik, many regard you and Dr. Dre as the best West Coast producers ever. But it seems Dre gets most of the mainstream attention.
Quik: Of course he will. Dre is a good businessman. He knows how to sell stuff. My thing is — I was always emotionally driven by the music. I think when you give so much of yourself to one thing, you become one-sided and out of balance. So I think that caused the industry to not respect me as much as other people. I’m not a ruthless guy. I’m not robbing anybody for their publishing. I guess you gotta be a shark in this game. I just wasn’t a shark. And I guess, me being dyslexic as I am, or whatever, I thought I didn’t know the business and that’s the furthest from the truth."

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this doesnot look good:

Quote from: XXLmag
So this album isn’t going to be as heavily West Coast influenced as your previous collaborations?
Quik: Yeah, it’s not. We’ve done it before, over and over again. When the results don’t match the input — if you’re putting a lot in and getting a little out — I think it’s time to walk away from that slot machine and go gamble somewhere else.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
now that im older, i realize there comes a time when everyone falls off... u see it a lot in sports and music... and its difficult to witness when someone who did it so brillantly no longer does it with the same passion and intensity :-\

very few artists / athletes can sustain that hunger and determination for decades... i used to think quik would always bring heat, but these interviews  where he talks about conforming to what's hot at the moment seem to contradict everything that made me love his music over the years :-\

on an unrelated note, i saw NaS live in concert last nite  8) so i cant be depressed about the current state of hip hop music

peace

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 05:40:24 AM by i B 2 QUIK 2 c »

Tha Psycho Hustla

wtf...his sistas are bytchez

KURUPTION-81

sounds like he's going at dre with that i ain't a ruthless guy/never stole publishing shit

"Quik, many regard you and Dr. Dre as the best West Coast producers ever. But it seems Dre gets most of the mainstream attention.
Quik: Of course he will. Dre is a good businessman. He knows how to sell stuff. My thing is — I was always emotionally driven by the music. I think when you give so much of yourself to one thing, you become one-sided and out of balance. So I think that caused the industry to not respect me as much as other people. I’m not a ruthless guy. I’m not robbing anybody for their publishing. I guess you gotta be a shark in this game. I just wasn’t a shark. And I guess, me being dyslexic as I am, or whatever, I thought I didn’t know the business and that’s the furthest from the truth."

that to me makes me think of diddy not dre, i havent heard any storys about dre robbing people for there publishing.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
this doesnot look good:

Quote from: XXLmag
So this album isn’t going to be as heavily West Coast influenced as your previous collaborations?
Quik: Yeah, it’s not. We’ve done it before, over and over again. When the results don’t match the input — if you’re putting a lot in and getting a little out — I think it’s time to walk away from that slot machine and go gamble somewhere else.

Yep, sure doesn't.

Of course we gotta keep an open mind and the result can be dope and so on and so forth, but that doesn't sound like the outcome you'd want and expect from Quik & AMG.

MR_JV

Re: XXL interviews The Fixxers (Quik explain what happened with his sister)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 11:21:14 AM »
thanks for the hook up man good read

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 11:29:13 AM »

that to me makes me think of diddy not dre, i havent heard any storys about dre robbing people for there publishing.
That's true. Dre only robs people of their careers.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 04:40:45 PM »
now that im older, i realize there comes a time when everyone falls off... u see it a lot in sports and music... and its difficult to witness when someone who did it so brillantly no longer does it with the same passion and intensity :-\

very few artists / athletes can sustain that hunger and determination for decades... i used to think quik would always bring heat, but these interviews  where he talks about conforming to what's hot at the moment seem to contradict everything that made me love his music over the years :-\

on an unrelated note, i saw NaS live in concert last nite  8) so i cant be depressed about the current state of hip hop music

peace

+1 to you for saying this, I think alot of people don't wanna admit that alot of there favorite emcee's, producers are washed up. I'll tell you straight up Quik has been washed up for a minute, but Trauma was a great album. Just because a rapper's shelf life ( the ability to appeal to more than just there core fan base ) is over, doesn't mean you should stop listening to them.

I'll gladly admit that many of the rappers I listen too ( DPG, Quik, Busta, Bone, etc. ) are washed up, but that doesn't mean shit too me, other than for the sake of discussion. What matters to me, is if said rapper is still putting out music I enjoy. When the hip-hop record industry self-destructs itself sometime maybe this year or next, we are only gonna have these old records to listen too. If youre a fan, and you still enjoy the product being sold, that's all that should matter.