Author Topic: Cop Killer In NC May Have Listened To Pastor Troy Song Before Deadly Shootings  (Read 303 times)

KURUPTION-81

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6919

Officials in Charlotte, NC believe a man charged with killing two police officers may have been influenced by a song performed by rapper Pastor Troy titled "Murda Man."

Demeatrius Antonio Montgomery, 25, is charged with fatally shooting Officers Jeff Shelton, 35, and Sean Clark, 34, on Mar. 31 during a struggle outside of an apartment complex.

Montgomery was arrested after the shooting, charged with two counts of first-degree murder and may face the death penalty if convicted.

"Murda Man" is taken from Pastor Troy's 2005 album Face Off Part II.

The rapper disses fellow Atlanta rapper's Lil' Jon and Lil' Scrappy on the single, which features lyrics like:

I flex, I motherf***in ball better ask em/Catch a n***a talkin s**t and motherf***in blast em/Murda, m-u-r-d-a/I'm pumpin gats at whoever in the way/I'm back with gun play/Don't think they understand/But I don't think they wanna f**k with the murda man, murda man

Police claim Montgomery spent the day drinking brandy, smoking and believe that he listened to "Murda Man" shortly before killing both police officers.

Officers raided an apartment Friday (Apr. 6) in connection with the shootings, seeking more evidence, including the Pastor Troy CD that contains the "Murda Man" song that Montogomery allegedly listened to.

"It's a real tragedy for us, the officers, for the families, for the communities, that we've lost two in one incident," Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Chief Darrel Stephens said.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Why couldn't it have been any other song? if fucking Tim Mcgraw said that in one of his songs noone would take his cd for evidence and make a big deal out of it. Typical anti black press.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Surely it wasn't drink that influenced him though?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Did you guys know crime didn't exist before rap was invented? True story.

Samoan Enforcer

Why couldn't it have been any other song? if fucking Tim Mcgraw said that in one of his songs noone would take his cd for evidence and make a big deal out of it. Typical anti black press.

thanks al sharpton. im sure it was a nigga though who made that excuse

~Lucien~

joey bananas one of the realest on this board  8)

floatin_above_everything

This ain't anti-black press youngin, it's anti-rap press. They tried pulling this same shit with Brotha Lynch Hung YEARS ago. The lyrics quoted don't say ANYTHING specific about killing cops, and when your UDI of alcohol and weed, I really doubt a song is gonna make you go kill a cop.

There is something deeper to this than that. Pastor Troy does give back to his community, and is no more violent than any other rapper out there. I've never heard Pastor say anything morbid, or crazy violent. Me thinks someone got a personal beef against Troy, and are attempting to use this in efforts to hurt Troy.

Samoan Enforcer

joey bananas one of the realest on this board  8)

thanks

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow

LMFAO.

Who really gives a fuck if they blame rap anymore? It's alll expected.

floatin_above_everything

LMFAO.

I'm sure Troy cares, because it could tarnish his name, his pops is a pastor for real man. This is almost slander, correct me if I'm wrong.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMFAO.

I'm sure Troy cares, because it could tarnish his name, his pops is a pastor for real man. This is almost slander, correct me if I'm wrong.
A song didn't kill somebody.

Word?

floatin_above_everything

LMFAO.

Word?

Yessir, that's where he got the name from. And I agree, how the fuck does a song kill someone. Listen, the guy who commited the murder was 25, I think that's old enough to not go and do everything, or anything for that matter they here on a song. How can they blame rap, when movies like the Hills Have Eyes and Grindhouse, Terminator movies are so grossly graphic and violent, and to make matters worse, there's a visual aid just in case that dude wants to, but isn't sure just how to go about chopping his neighbors up. hell, I learned alot about making explosives just from watching Fight Cub. I never heard no rapper talk about that shit, and how many times has a rapper murderer someone in his video? Very rarley, while someone gets killed in damn near every blockbuster movie that comes out.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LMFAO.

Word?

Yessir, that's where he got the name from. And I agree, how the fuck does a song kill someone. Listen, the guy who commited the murder was 25, I think that's old enough to not go and do everything, or anything for that matter they here on a song. How can they blame rap, when movies like the Hills Have Eyes and Grindhouse, Terminator movies are so grossly graphic and violent, and to make matters worse, there's a visual aid just in case that dude wants to, but isn't sure just how to go about chopping his neighbors up. hell, I learned alot about making explosives just from watching Fight Cub. I never heard no rapper talk about that shit, and how many times has a rapper murderer someone in his video? Very rarley, while someone gets killed in damn near every blockbuster movie that comes out.

Oh, hell yeah, for real!! Has a movie ever even got blamed for anythang before??

Still, I believe you can't blame no rap, no movie, no video game for a crime becuz it's thier own stupidity that made them do it. You can get ideas from anythang, still it's the human being that went out and did it.

It's fuckin' sad they always gotta blame something to get somebody off.

It's an actual chemical or substance that can make you act a damn fool, for example the liquor and smoking, prolly weed, that done did it. :grumpy: And of course his own state of mind.   Not Pastor Troy.

floatin_above_everything

I'm starting to think this could be fake. I don't even understand how they came to the conclusion that that song that day influenced him to kill the. Did he have a walkman on with the song on repeat or something when they arrested him? And what's the point of mentioning the diss to Lil' Jon and Scrappy? I don't see how the hell thats even relevant.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!

not true Marylin Manson was heavily criticised in the media after Columbine