Author Topic: Thoughts on Kurupt after finally hearing the discography  (Read 3004 times)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
Re: Thoughts on Kurupt after finally hearing the discography
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2009, 12:47:55 PM »

Kurupt; Streetz iz a mutha review in The Source Magazine #123 December 99

how could one take that serious when they can't even write Daz's name correctly :-X

Chad Vader

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2009, 12:57:11 PM »
anybody got any riflemen joints? never heard any of it?

Great to read all these reviews yall..

Use the engine  ;) and you will find it  ;)

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2009, 03:23:29 PM »
anybody got any riflemen joints? never heard any of it?

Great to read all these reviews yall..

I posted all those joints in the Kurupt Super Thread this past year.

I assume by now all the links are expired.

I will try to repost them sometime this year.

West West niggaz!  8)

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:22 PM »
yeah the links I found were dead... please re-up :D?

Okka

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2009, 12:54:36 PM »
Why don't Tanjential post here anymore?

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2009, 09:01:52 PM »
Streetz is a mutha is a classic....Def in my top 5 albums.

Space Boogie....Pretty dope...should've never made it's over, and try pushing it for crossover success, but give it to him for trying it. That being said, most songs are also dope. (Hardest track def 'Hate on me' IMO)

Kuruption....We can freak it, One of his all time best songs. However, he should've cut the scrap, and make this a one cd album.

Against the grain was cool....though I wold've thought most of this material was made before he left the Pound.

Originals...One or two songs perhaps, but really not even on the radar.

Same Day Different Shit...Was good to hear some Raw Kurupt getting back that flow we all like.

Doing a lot of Collabo albums....(Jwells Cool, Dj Quik..should be cool...J-Ro...rather see him do one with Tash...)

Really....Needs another PROPER Solo. Like another Streetz or Space Boogie. Loooong overdue. Hopefully Fredwreck will be up in the mix again for this one. Def get that sound that makes a Kurupt album!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »
Nah, I just have been struggling to be into hip-hop lately.

Other musics have consistently kept my attention lately though i have been fiendin for some pac and biggie.....

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Chad Vader

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2009, 07:41:26 AM »
Allmusic.com's Review For Kurupt's Tha Streets Iz a Mutha
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=209817.msg2120932#msg2120932
The Philly native and Southern California transplant's second solo venture minus Daz Dillinger (though Daz supplies production and makes a few lyrical appearances) is hardcore West Coast rap dripping with funk and violence. Kurupt, a truly talented and versatile lyricist who appeared on Pete Rock's Soul Survivor, prefers to downplay his wordplay in favor of confrontational flows on Streetz Iz a Mutha. This is an angry and somewhat controversial record, mainly on the strength of the damning "Calling Out Names." Streetz represents true new-wave SoCal gangsta rap. Daz drops a few LBC funk tracks, namely "Your Gyrlfriend" and the title cut. Dr. Dre provides a signature track and guest emcees on the laid-back "Ho's a Housewife." A philharmonic track provided by Bink Dawg lights up "Trylogy," and Kurupt teams up with the legendary Blastmaster KRS to show his more abstract side on "Live on the Mic." Production is slack in places, and those looking for anything but hardcore may be a little disappointed. This is a very listenable joint, swelling with an updated G-funk sound, but the lyrical content is not for the faint of heart. A veritable who's who of West Coast rappers make guest appearances, including Jayo Felony, Snoop Dogg, Nate Dogg, Xzibit, Warren G, Dr. Dre, T-Mo from Goodie Mob, and KRS-One. Fans of Tha Dogg Pound and L.A. hardcore will definitely dig this. Unspectacular but solid, this was part of a late-1999 West Coast revival.

well i was listening to it and decided to read the review and well they was wrong

although it ain't no fucking classic like all these DPG dickriders be saying,
it was a spetacular album but nowhere near a classic anyways here it is
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:45:59 AM by Chad Vader »