Author Topic: Nintendo continues to put Sony out of business. Sony cuts 160 jobs in europe  (Read 213 times)

Trauma-san

Sony to cut up to 160 jobs in Europe
Blames "period of transition" and change in business fundamentals.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK
UK, April 17, 2007 - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe is set to axe up to 160 jobs in order to "further market leadership" and "significantly reduce" the company's cost base.

SCEE president and CEO David Reeves told Sony employees that by April 18 every SCEE employee in the UK, World Wide Studios in Europe and in the company's territory offices is to receive a letter explaining if their job is "at risk of redundancy". All areas of the business are set to be affected by the job cuts.

Reeves blamed the cuts on the fact that the games industry "is in the middle of a transition where some of the fundamentals of our business are changing".

Although Sony is keen to restrict the number of redundancies made and "very much regrets the situation", up to 160 people could lose their job - out of a total of around 1,900 employees.

Reeves concluded by saying: "I also appreciate that what I have just announced will have come as a major and unwelcome shock, and it is something we have fought hard to avoid. However, the business targets that we face have regrettably made it unavoidable."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/781/781154p1.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lemme translate "the games industry is in the middle of a transition where some of the fundamentals of our business are changing".

Trauma's no bs translation: "The game industry is being completely changed once again by Nintendo of America, who have convinced people that games should first be fun, second be affordable, and thirdly look great, in that order.  Our games look great but cost a fortune and suck ass in gameplay.  That is all."

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:41:53 AM by Trauma-san »

Digital Pimpin'

lol at your translation.

It's true tho, in the quest for all shining graphics dev costs are spiralling upwards and further job cuts (not just at Sony) will probably happen unless they start to see some payback.

macknlatin36

• Muthafuckin' OG
lol
 8)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
hahaha nintendo doesn't fuck around
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

The Watcher

so nintendo is putting people out of jobs and onto the welfare?

nice work
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

XaNdEr

Lol, Nintendo >>>> PlayStation, always said that ever since i bought a GameCube when it came out.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so nintendo is putting people out of jobs and onto the welfare?

nice work

i suppose they could go work for nintendo