Author Topic: NBA official Joey Crawford suspended indefinitely  (Read 392 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
NBA official Joey Crawford suspended indefinitely
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:43:25 AM »
NBA Referee Joey Crawford Suspended

NEW YORK, April 17, 2007 – NBA referee Joey Crawford has been indefinitely suspended for improper conduct toward Tim Duncan during the San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern. The conduct included Crawford's assessment of a second technical foul and ejection of Duncan following laughter by the player while he was seated on the bench, and inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.
Crawford's suspension will cover at least the remainder of the 2006-07 season, including the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

"Joey Crawford's handling of this situation failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees," said Stern. "Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official, a significant suspension is warranted. Although Joey is consistently rated as one of our top referees, he must be held accountable for his actions on the floor, and we will have further discussions with him following the season to be sure he understands his responsibilities."

The incidents occurred with 1:04 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks 91-86 win over the Spurs on Sunday, April 8 at American Airlines Center.

http://www.nba.com/news/crawford_070417.html

d-nice

Re: NBA official Joey Crawford suspended indefinitely
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
NBA Referee Joey Crawford Suspended

NEW YORK, April 17, 2007 – NBA referee Joey Crawford has been indefinitely suspended for improper conduct toward Tim Duncan during the San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks game on April 15, it was announced today by NBA Commissioner David Stern. The conduct included Crawford's assessment of a second technical foul and ejection of Duncan following laughter by the player while he was seated on the bench, and inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game.
Crawford's suspension will cover at least the remainder of the 2006-07 season, including the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

"Joey Crawford's handling of this situation failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees," said Stern. "Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official, a significant suspension is warranted. Although Joey is consistently rated as one of our top referees, he must be held accountable for his actions on the floor, and we will have further discussions with him following the season to be sure he understands his responsibilities."

The incidents occurred with 1:04 remaining in the third period of the Mavericks 91-86 win over the Spurs on Sunday, April 8 at American Airlines Center.

http://www.nba.com/news/crawford_070417.html

Wow, did not expect this to happen.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:23 AM »
CRAZY  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:49:08 AM »
 :cheers: :raisetheroof: :rock: :cow: :monkey_dance2: :banana_rock:

....hate to bring this up, but does anyone think he'd be suspended if this happened to Kobe? :whistle:

d-nice

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:53:47 AM »

....hate to bring this up, but does anyone think he'd be suspended if this happened to Kobe? :whistle:

No, they would have fined Kobe and suspended him again.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:57:18 AM »
^and would've suspended him indefinetly. Fuck David Stern

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
i was surprised as well, the nba has been so overprotective with their refs its not even funny

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 11:17:40 AM »
IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES... COME ON!!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 12:35:55 PM »
wow david stern finally grew some fucking balls

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39:54 PM »

No
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

rik

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:45 PM »
wow david stern finally grew some fucking balls

rik

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 02:51:17 PM »
Stern was just on PTI saying that Crawford said that he no longer wants to be a NBA official because of the suspension. Apparently Crawford doesn't think he did anything wrong.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 03:19:01 PM »
Stern was just on PTI saying that Crawford said that he no longer wants to be a NBA official because of the suspension. Apparently Crawford doesn't think he did anything wrong.

After a few months at home with his wife he will know better lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 03:45:11 PM »

After a few months at home with his wife he will know better lol

Ahahah.. wonderful!

Anyway i hate to see peoples career riuned like that, but he went too far. People paid tickets to see Tim Duncan, not him. And i was on the TV at 4:30 am to see a real 4th quarter with Duncan playing, not to see this bullshit. Refs should understand this simply rule. WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM.