Poll

Who Will Advance?

Phoenix Suns
25 (65.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
13 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2007 Playoffs ~Los Angeles Lakers (42-40) vs Phoenix Suns (61-21)~ Round 1.  (Read 8082 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Brand. The 2 would have made a killer combo. Stupid Clippers.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Damn, the Lakers only got 7 assists.

That's what I mean...the Lakers had no sort of rythym as a team ever since the inury bug started biting. I was hoping we'd step out of it by some point, but we simply couldn't. I think we're one or two moves from playing the way we did to start the season for 82+post season. Also, lets not forget Radman. He was supposed to be our major off-season acquisition and didn't even make the playoff roster...I hope he prepares himself to come out killing against all odds next season...

PG ???...Jordan Farmar...???
SG Kobe Bryant...Smush Parker/Sasha Vujacic
SF Vladimir Radmanovic...Luke Walton/Maurice Evans
PF Lamar Odom...Ronny Turiaf/Brian Cook
C Andrew Bynum...Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm

Address that point guard spot, and unity is all we need to contend...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LOL. Wrong thread...

teecee

Exactly.  7 assists for the Lakers, 23 assists for the Suns, yet SOMEONE earlier in the thread said the Suns are ruining basketball!!!  Unbelievable!  

4 playoff wins for the Lakers in three seasons is not good, they need to sign someone NOW.  But really, who can co-exist with Kobe for a whole season?  FInding players to compliment Kobe is like finding someone to play with AI- easier said then done.  What i think will happen is Kobe is going to become a much more unselfish player/person in the next couple of years, and only then (with a real supporting cast) will the Lakers have a chance at a title.  Kobe doesn't need Shaq, but he needs a much better team, and then he needs to actually play as a part of that team.

But seriously, the Suns are going  to be in TOUGH against the Spurs, who are truly a great playoff team.  Definitely an interesting series though, a GREAT offensive team versus a GREAT defensive team.  

And damn, Stoudemire was incredible this series!  Him versus Duncan will be a great matchup, as will Parker versus Nash ( i remember Parker killing Nash a couple of games last time........Nash will have to step up his defense......)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Exactly.  7 assists for the Lakers, 23 assists for the Suns, yet SOMEONE earlier in the thread said the Suns are ruining basketball!!!  Unbelievable! 

4 playoff wins for the Lakers in three seasons is not good, they need to sign someone NOW.  But really, who can co-exist with Kobe for a whole season?  FInding players to compliment Kobe is like finding someone to play with AI- easier said then done.  What i think will happen is Kobe is going to become a much more unselfish player/person in the next couple of years, and only then (with a real supporting cast) will the Lakers have a chance at a title.  Kobe doesn't need Shaq, but he needs a much better team, and then he needs to actually play as a part of that team.

But seriously, the Suns are going  to be in TOUGH against the Spurs, who are truly a great playoff team.  Definitely an interesting series though, a GREAT offensive team versus a GREAT defensive team. 

And damn, Stoudemire was incredible this series!  Him versus Duncan will be a great matchup, as will Parker versus Nash ( i remember Parker killing Nash a couple of games last time........Nash will have to step up his defense......)

If only you knew how many players are dying to have the chance of playing with Kobe.

wcsoldier

That's what I mean...the Lakers had no sort of rythym as a team ever since the inury bug started biting. I was hoping we'd step out of it by some point, but we simply couldn't. I think we're one or two moves from playing the way we did to start the season for 82+post season. Also, lets not forget Radman. He was supposed to be our major off-season acquisition and didn't even make the playoff roster...I hope he prepares himself to come out killing against all odds next season...

Vlad as a starter ? naw forget about it.. dude plays lil D and hasn"t a very high IQ of B-Ball which is needed for the triangle.. anyways he shouldn't be oin that team anymore til the snowboard incident...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Vlad as a starter ? naw forget about it.. dude plays lil D and hasn"t a very high IQ of B-Ball which is needed for the triangle.. anyways he shouldn't be oin that team anymore til the snowboard incident...

I think he'll be very hungry to prove something...Don't forget, the hand injury really limited him this season. He'll have a chance for that to finally heal, and to come out killing...He's easily a better player than Luke when both are playing to full potential. I have high hopes for his conditioning this summer, just because he knows he has to prove he wasn't as much of a fluke as it seemed...

floatin_above_everything

Better team won, hope they beat SA as well.

wcsoldier

^^^^ SAS will beat the Suns WITHOUT a doubt

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Agreed.

wcsoldier

KOBE words at the Press Conf : "Do something and do it now... it's very frustrating.. 3 years and still being at ground zero"..

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
KOBE words at the Press Conf : "Do something and do it now... it's very frustrating.. 3 years and still being at ground zero"..
:o

Kupchak, Jim Buss, Dr. Buss, & the rest of the F.O., are y'all listening to him!?

teecee

Agreed.

Are you two guys the same guys who thought the Lakers actually had a chance against the Suns?  While i acknowledge the Spurs are the favourite, surely you must know that the Suns have a far better chance of beating the Spurs than the Lakers did of beating the SUns.....

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

LOL. Wrong thread...
Ain't that a bitch.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Agreed.

Are you two guys the same guys who thought the Lakers actually had a chance against the Suns?  While i acknowledge the Spurs are the favourite, surely you must know that the Suns have a far better chance of beating the Spurs than the Lakers did of beating the SUns.....

No way...I believed Lakers had a chance if they could find unity on the court, which they didn't. Suns will unquestionably lose to an experienced team who can execute real basketball...PeACe