Author Topic: Chris Brown Offering 'Exclusive' In September  (Read 58 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Chris Brown Offering 'Exclusive' In September
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:49:32 AM »
Teen R&B star Chris Brown is eyeing a September release for his sophomore Jive album, "Exclusive." Brown, who has also written several songs this time around, says recording has been like "a family reunion." Among the songwriter/producers working on tracks are several from his self-titled first outing -- Bryan-Michael Cox, the Underdogs, Sean Garrett and Scott Storch -- as well as will.i.am.

Containing elements of rock and go-go ("Being from Virginia, I've got to go back to my go-go roots," says Brown), several tracks recently previewed by Billboard exhibit an edgier, more mature tone that meshes well with Brown's exuberant mix of R&B, hip-hop and pop. At deadline, a first single had yet to be chosen.

"I'm not trying to go grown," he told Billboard in December. "I'll be 18, but I'm not trying to go overboard and lose my fans. I'm trying to have a bit more mature songs, about sexuality and stuff like that. I'm not trying to go deep into it." One song, "Take You Down," was produced by the Underdogs. "In a sense, that's stepping over the 18, 19 boundary to get an older crowd," Brown says.

As for ongoing career comparisons to Usher, Brown says, "It's nice but I don't focus on that. I think I've strayed away from now. I'm in a lane of my own, just having fun and making it to the best of my ability."

This report is provided by Billboard.com

Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com