Author Topic: Let's compare Jordan's teamates to Kobe's....  (Read 172 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Let's compare Jordan's teamates to Kobe's....
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:54:59 PM »
I don't think that Kobe has anybody like Pippen.  Pippen was a great competitor and had a high basketball IQ.  Also, he could rebound, play D, score, block shots... he could do it all.   Odom does it all, but not as well or with the intensity that Pippen did.

Then Jordan also had Horace Grant.  Grant was a great defender and rebounder and one of the best role players of all time.  The Bulls were able to get alot our of their role players.  Same thing with Rodman, his role was to rebound, that's all they needed him to do, and he did it better than anyone in history.

Luke Walton is kind of a big, clumbsy, white dork like his dad.  Which is easily comparable to Purdue and Wennington.

Kwame Brown is athletic but unfocused, kind of like Scott Williams.  Kwame gets more hype, but I don't see him being much better than Scott Williams was.

....to be continued.. ya'll can add more comparisons...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:59:22 PM by Shakur Abdul-Latif's Definition Of Hip-Hop..by -Infinite- »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Let's compare Jordan's teamates to Kobe's....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 02:02:01 PM »
Jordan's teammates were experienced and knew their roles perfectly...Kobe is playing with POTENTIALY dangerous players, but the experience and growth as a team is not there. It could take time, but the Lakers will blow up sooner or later.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:05:36 PM »
Jordan's teammates were experienced and knew their roles perfectly...Kobe is playing with POTENTIALY dangerous players, but the experience and growth as a team is not there. It could take time, but the Lakers will blow up sooner or later.

I can go with that... that's a good point.  +1
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

wcsoldier

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 12:55:54 AM »
The only fair comparaison you can do is between Jordan teammates before 88 and Kobe current mates... weak supporting casts and same result for MJ (out of the 1st round of the playoffs)... so please stop saying Kobe can't lead as Jordan did.. one proof without Jordan , the Bulls went 55-27 and was eliminated by the Knicks in SEVEN games in the SECOND round ..

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 01:54:07 AM »
I don't like those comparisons... If you ask me, i think Pippen was better than Odom, Harper was better than Smush, Rodman & Grant were better than Kwame and Luke. But i think the homie wcsoldier has a good point. The only truth is that both Jordan and Kobe won titles with good teams, the best team in the League (or one of the top3). Them Bulls who won titles were the best overall team in the League. Jordan had a great role. But it's not like he led todays Grizzles to the Finals, let's be realistic! And you can say the same thing about Kobe and the 3peat Lakers. They were the best team in the League, maybe the 2nd best. But Kobe and Shaq made the difference. So... let's be realistic: you don't win titles alone. You win titles when you have a great coach (Phil), a great team and a good portion of good luck. Jordan had the best team, Kobe had the best team. Todays Lakers aren't ready for the title yet. And you can't pretehend Kobe to lead an unready team to the title. We need more time. Maybe 2-3 more years (or a couple of good offseason trades). Kobe is the best player in the League, but nobody (i repeat: NOBODY) can win titles all alone. Not even Jordan.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:55:50 AM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »
^^I really think Kobe can lead these Lakers to a title...The league is not really that strong right now. If we knock out the Suns in the first round, the momentum alone can carry us the rest of the way. Lakers are easily a top team when streaking and playing in rhythm.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 12:20:35 AM »
Everything is possible (and i agree with you anyway), but i wouldn't bet a single dollar on the Lakers winning the title this year, that's what i'm saying.