Author Topic: Come inside for some dope ass motherfuckin HIP HOP!!!!  (Read 193 times)

jeromechickenbone

Come inside for some dope ass motherfuckin HIP HOP!!!!
« on: April 28, 2007, 01:17:31 AM »
What up to my dubcc brethren!!!  I been out the game for a minute on these posts, but i thought it was time to bring some real shit once again!  I'm currently workin on some real dope shit w/ Rud but I just had to post some shit for all of yall that love this shit like i love it!!

Anyway, yall know The Fugees right?  Everybody busted a nut over The Score.  Well, before that album, The Tranzlator Crew dropped some severely ill shit that was mad slept on!!!!!

The shit I'm droppin today is by The Fugees, entitled "Nappy Heads" (no Imus).  This is some straight Hip Hop!  First and foremost, feel tha beat.  You know I'm not gonna waste your time with any bullshit here.  It starts off w/ a little acapella from Wyclef w/ him doing the chorus intro,  folllowed by a little trumpet loop, then a really dope  4 snare snap that just blasts off the intro.  Once the beat drops, you hear that straight up haunting melody.  And they loop that motherfucker all throughout!  Just a great piece right there - thats some real shit!

Now after you get past that beat, pay attention to the rhyme scheme that ALL 3 MC'S flow on!  Clef starts out spittin his bars, gives you a lll warmup to the hook, then passes to Lauryn Hill.  Please note how dope L Boogie spits.  No need to be distracted by gimmicks like ass n titties, (regardless how i luv them things).  All she's tryin to do is spit some knowledge and stand her ground as an MC, and she does so flawlessly.  "I don't puff blunts, so I always got my breath, never had to battle w/ no bullet proof vests" GOT DAMN SHE'S SPITTIN ON THIS! / "I never fear the Ku Klux, my own crew is actin up"  Lauryn is so dope on this.  A reall live MC!  "I got a head full of problems, and a hand full of Nappy Roots"!!!!

So you got Clef on the 1st verse, Lauryn on the 2nd, and Pras on the 3rd.  Now it's no mystery, but Pras was the weakest link to the Fugees.  But even as the weakest, he still spits his rhymes on time (which is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL AS AN MC).  And he still pulls off a dope line or two.  But don't trip, L & Clef start playin a little pass the mic and just destroy it once again!

And just note what Clef does on his verses.  He drops some Dizzie Gilespie, just talkin all kind of crazy shit.  Clef was a real creative, extremely talented dude.  This song really shows his versatility and worth as an MC.  He just shines on this shit.

Anyway, I'll quit rambling on this shit.  But in summary, It's a fantastic beat, a great hook, and great verses.  You need nothing else.  It's also very creative and free form the way they laid the song out.  The song is dope on so many levels, you can break it down and be amazed, or you can be like fuck it and just bang it out.  Thats how you know its dope!!!

Anyway, PLEASE bang this out.  Some real shit!!!!!!!!

Fugees - Nappy Heads

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/Ms4Iw0u4Mog" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://youtube.com/v/Ms4Iw0u4Mog</a>

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: Come inside for some dope ass motherfuckin HIP HOP!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 01:31:25 AM »
Props on another real in depth post man.SHitty thing right now is that my internet is fucking with me and I can't access a whole bunch of sites (including youtube) and I can't peep the song  >:(

Soon as I get rid of that problem, I'm bumping the hell out of this shit 

Oh, and I can't wait to see what you're cookin' up with Rud  8)

EDIT:"Yo Mona Lisa, ca I get a date on Friday..." haha, dope shit.Laurin really impressed me one again and Wyclef's so versatile.Props againg man
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 02:47:43 AM by eazye - The Dangerous Crew Movement »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »
I remember that shit. :) Good post man.

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 07:28:49 AM »
Yeah thats a dope ass track! never seen the video before.. I got the album a few weeks ago, its dopeness..

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 08:05:26 AM »
What a good choice of song, LMFAO. ;D

Nah, my stepfather was a Fugee fan,  heard alot from them cuz of him, otherwise I don't listen to them. Lol, they crazy though. They crack me up, don't know why. This is one of them. :laugh:. Good shit.

And for real:
Oh, and I can't wait to see what you're cookin' up with Rud  8)