Author Topic: KOBE named once again in the 1st All Defensive Team  (Read 232 times)

wcsoldier

KOBE named once again in the 1st All Defensive Team
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
Duncan, Bowen and Kidd Only Players Named to Last Seven NBA All-Defensive Teams
NEW YORK, April 30, 2007 – Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan of the San Antonio Spurs highlight the 2006-07 NBA All-Defensive Teams, the NBA announced today. Duncan leads all players with his 10th selection, while his teammate Bowen, the leading vote-getter, earns his seventh appearance.
Also selected to the First Team is 2006-07 NBA Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Camby of the Denver Nuggets at center, his third such honor. Rounding out the First Team are guards Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers, who earns his seventh selection, and Raja Bell of the Phoenix Suns, making his first appearance on an All-Defensive team.

Bowen’s and Duncan’s defense helped the Spurs hold opponents to 90.1 ppg (first in NBA) and .433 from the field (third). San Antonio has finished in the top five in both categories in each of Duncan’s 10 seasons. Camby led the NBA in blocks (3.30 bpg) to go along with 11.7 rpg (tied for fourth in NBA). Bryant ranked 17th in steals with 1.44 per game, while Bell often matches up against the opposition’s best offensive player.

The NBA All-Defensive Second Team consists of Chicago teammates Ben Wallace and Kirk Hinrich, New Jersey’s Jason Kidd, Detroit’s Tayshaun Prince and Minnesota’s Kevin Garnett.

The voting panel consisted of the NBA’s 30 head coaches, who were asked to select NBA All-Defensive First and Second Teams by position. Coaches were not permitted to vote for players from their own team. Two points were awarded for a First Team vote and one point was awarded for a Second Team vote.

Attached are the results for the 2006-07 NBA All-Defensive Teams:

2006-07 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE FIRST TEAM: Position Player, Team 1st  2nd Points
Forward Bruce Bowen, San Antonionio 19 4 42
Forward Tim Duncan, San Antonio 16 4 36
Center Marcus Camby, Denver 11 12 34
Guard Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers 14 4 32
Guard Raja Bell, Phoenix 7 11 25

2006-07 NBA ALL-DEFENSIVE SECOND TEAM Position Player, Team 1st  2nd Points
Center Ben Wallace, Chicago 12 9 33
Guard Jason Kidd, New Jersey 8 7 23
Forward Tayshaun Prince, Detroit 7 7 21
Forward Kevin Garnett, Minnesota 8 4 20
Guard Kirk Hinrich, Chicago 7 4 18

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: KOBE named once again in the 1st All Defensive Team
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:54:03 AM »
I thought he mighta' stepped down his D a little this year, but he can still lock down pretty much any player when he wants to...Good shit. :rock:

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »
^^^^ His D stepped down through the 1st part of the season because he hadn't his lateral strenght and speed regarding the fact he was recovering from his surgery.. but he stepped it up then imo.. even if our perimeter D went worse

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
Ugh I don't agree with that list. Bell sucks as a defender, Kobe's defense has slipped a lot over the past 2 years, and Wade should be on one of the teams.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 12:07:15 PM »
Ugh I don't agree with that list. Bell sucks as a defender, Kobe's defense has slipped a lot over the past 2 years, and Wade should be on one of the teams.

LMFAO. RAJA BELL SUCKS AS A DEFENDER AND WADE SHOULD BE ON ONE OF THE TEAMS? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please stop. PLEASE!

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 12:08:43 PM »
^^^^ Coaches vote so it has some credibility.. lol at Wade, good weak side help isn't enough to be considered a great defender

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 12:09:53 PM »
Oh and why the fuck isn't Josh Smith getting mention at all when it comes to defenders?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 12:13:19 PM »
^^^^ Coaches vote so it has some credibility.. lol at Wade, good weak side help isn't enough to be considered a great defender

LMAO. I can't stop laughing...Wade is one of the most terrible defenders I've seen at the shooting guard position. ANY player can blow right past him at will...:grumpy:

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »

LMAO. I can't stop laughing...Wade is one of the most terrible defenders I've seen at the shooting guard position. ANY player can blow right past him at will...:grumpy:
the comment wasn't directing at yours.. it was for GangstaBoogy.. I know Wade can't stay in front of his opponent

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »

the comment wasn't directing at yours.. it was for GangstaBoogy.. I know Wade can't stay in front of his opponent

No...I know...EVERYONE knows how terrible Wade's D is. The only people who I can think of that would say Bell's defense is whack and Wade's is good are people who don't watch the games and only read stats. Or people who watch the games and simply don't understand it...I'm sorry, but that was too much, Baby G.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »

No...I know...EVERYONE knows how terrible Wade's D is. The only people who I can think of that would say Bell's defense is whack and Wade's is good are people who don't watch the games and only read stats. Or people who watch the games and simply don't understand it...I'm sorry, but that was too much, Baby G.

Bell gets torched by everyone he guards. And you can hate Wade all you want but he still averages 2 steals and 1 block.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 12:27:41 PM »

Bell gets torched by everyone he guards. And you can hate Wade all you want but he still averages 2 steals and 1 block.

So what? THOSE ARE WEAKSIDE STEALS/BLOCKS OFF OF GAMBLING! Steals and blocks don't equal good defense. SMUSH PARKER averaged 1.7 steals per game...Wade is a horrible defender. He can't move his feet or stay in front of his man worth shit. Bell is VERY good at sticking to his man, staying in front, and making his opponents job tough...Bell is like a Bruce Bowen. Lemme guess, Bruce Bowen's defense sucks too, huh? Not enough steals and blocks? :laugh:

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »

So what? THOSE ARE WEAKSIDE STEALS/BLOCKS OFF OF GAMBLING! Steals and blocks don't equal good defense. SMUSH PARKER averaged 1.7 steals per game...Wade is a horrible defender. He can't move his feet or stay in front of his man worth shit. Bell is VERY good at sticking to his man, staying in front, and making his opponents job tough...Bell is like a Bruce Bowen. Lemme guess, Bruce Bowen's defense sucks too, huh? Not enough steals and blocks? :laugh:

No Bruce Bowen actually slows down the players he guards. My opinion is my opinion. Live with it or cry about like you always do.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »

LMFAO. RAJA BELL SUCKS AS A DEFENDER AND WADE SHOULD BE ON ONE OF THE TEAMS? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please stop. PLEASE!

lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
LOL.