Author Topic: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...  (Read 1773 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: If NBA players got to vote for the MVP...
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »
How am I disgracing Jordan, phillyboy?

I still think he is one of the greatest players to ever play the game. It just so happens that one of his strong points WASN'T elevating the game of his teammates.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »
Jordan didn't elevate anyone
<<<<<< Lamar leading the lakers = makes more sense

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2007, 03:10:45 PM »
no but he'd be a better leader

"Lamar" and "leader" are two words you can't use in the same post.

I wouldn't go that far, he did a good job of leading Miami that 1 year

i'm glad you brought that up because

lamar leading miami =2nd round  exit
kobe leading lakers = early playoff exit/no playoffs

kobe can have all the scoring and defensive skills in the world (which he does have) but lamar (and i'm not saying it's a strong quality either) is a superior leader to kobe

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2007, 03:25:57 PM »

kobe can have all the scoring and defensive skills in the world (which he does have) but lamar (and i'm not saying it's a strong quality either) is a superior leader to kobe

Do you realize that even the biggest of Kobe haters wouldn't make outrageous claims like that? How much do you really love Shaq? LOL. Like I said, if Kobe was not on the Lakers, we'd be lucky to win 20 games. Odom is great support and he's one of my favs in the league, but I would never want him leading my team. Miami had a big 3 that year with a nice supporting cast. The weight was never dropped on Lamar's shoulder like it has been on Kobe's...You should know that.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2007, 04:05:22 PM »

Do you realize that even the biggest of Kobe haters wouldn't make outrageous claims like that? How much do you really love Shaq? LOL. Like I said, if Kobe was not on the Lakers, we'd be lucky to win 20 games. Odom is great support and he's one of my favs in the league, but I would never want him leading my team. Miami had a big 3 that year with a nice supporting cast. The weight was never dropped on Lamar's shoulder like it has been on Kobe's...You should know that.

I'm not a big Kobe fan, but not a hater either. It is obvious that Kobe is NOT a good team player, and doesn't elevate his teammates playing either. He has no confidence in them and wishes to shoot everytime down the floor. Only the biggest of dickriders would disagree.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

I'm not a big Kobe fan, but not a hater either. It is obvious that Kobe is NOT a good team player, and doesn't elevate his teammates playing either. He has no confidence in them and wishes to shoot everytime down the floor. Only the biggest of dickriders would disagree.

Yea, he has no confidence in his teammates. That's why he averages the most assists on the team...LOL. Seriously, where do you get this stuff from? It's obvious you don't watch the Lakers, Kobe WANTS less pressure on him and is more than willing to distribute if his teammates can step up. The beginning of the season, before everyone started getting injured, is the PROOF of this. If you think Kobe didn't elevate Shaq's game, you're nuts.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2007, 04:44:29 PM »

Yea, he has no confidence in his teammates. That's why he averages the most assists on the team...LOL. Seriously, where do you get this stuff from? It's obvious you don't watch the Lakers, Kobe WANTS less pressure on him and is more than willing to distribute if his teammates can step up. The beginning of the season, before everyone started getting injured, is the PROOF of this. If you think Kobe didn't elevate Shaq's game, you're nuts.

Of course Kobe leads him team in assists boy-o, he gets the ball on every possesion, of course he's gonna be forced to pass sometimes. And he only had those numbers because his points guards are garbage. Kobe doesn't have faith in them either, that doesn't help. Shaq was at a whole nother level when they were together, he would have won a championship with damn near any team those 3 years. He was unstoppable, and Kobe hated him for it. LOL at Kobe elevating Shaq, it's the other way around.

And why the hell would I want to watch a team that can't even execute on offense correctly?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »

Of course Kobe leads him team in assists boy-o, he gets the ball on every possesion, of course he's gonna be forced to pass sometimes. And he only had those numbers because his points guards are garbage. Kobe doesn't have faith in them either, that doesn't help. Shaq was at a whole nother level when they were together, he would have won a championship with damn near any team those 3 years. He was unstoppable, and Kobe hated him for it. LOL at Kobe elevating Shaq, it's the other way around.

And why the hell would I want to watch a team that can't even execute on offense correctly?

So, the point guards get the ball on every possession too, THEY should be leading in assists. What does that tell you about the consistancy of Kobe's team as a whole? Kobe doesn't have faith in his teammates? LOL. Where do you get this stuff? Kobe has deferred his whole career, that's the way he won championships. Shaq wasn't able to do that when it was his turn, he was too bitch about it, that's why Kobe was left on stuck. LOL@Shaq woulda' won with any team. That's a damn shame if you really believe it...

teecee

« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

So, the point guards get the ball on every possession too, THEY should be leading in assists. What does that tell you about the consistancy of Kobe's team as a whole? Kobe doesn't have faith in his teammates? LOL. Where do you get this stuff? Kobe has deferred his whole career, that's the way he won championships. Shaq wasn't able to do that when it was his turn, he was too bitch about it, that's why Kobe was left on stuck. LOL@Shaq woulda' won with any team. That's a damn shame if you really believe it...

I'm pretty sure that was Shaq "deferring" to Wade last year when they won the championship, or was that a 7'2, 320 pound imposter???

But really, Shaq and Kobe together would've won a couple of more chips together, but both of their ego's are FUCKING HUGE, two of the most arrogant players to ever play in the NBA...........

And really, until Kobe wins a championship without Shaq, people are always gonna say Shaq was the reason Kobe has the championships (and really, does 3 MVP's lie).  I do think if they would've stuck together, they could've won a couple more, and Kobe would've likely got an MVP or two.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2007, 06:14:39 PM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

I'll judge Kobe when he'll retire.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 06:18:11 PM by Antonio »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »

Of course Kobe leads him team in assists boy-o, he gets the ball on every possesion, of course he's gonna be forced to pass sometimes. And he only had those numbers because his points guards are garbage. Kobe doesn't have faith in them either, that doesn't help.

Let me understand it: are you saying Kobe should relate more on Sasha Vujacic, Smush Parker, Aaron McKie, Shammond Williams, Maurice Evans and Jordan Farmar?

Is this what are we talking about?? Kobe should involve those guys more in the offence? Sasha & Co?

Are you really saying it the same to have B.J. Armstrong (best 3pt shooter in the NBA for a pair of years), John Paxon (another wonderful 3pt shooter), Ron Harper (a great initiator imho), Scottie Pippen playing point forward, etc..?

Are you saying Jordan could have made Sasha Vujacic or Shammond Williams an All Star?

If so he's not a human, but a God.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »

Of course Kobe leads him team in assists boy-o, he gets the ball on every possesion, of course he's gonna be forced to pass sometimes. And he only had those numbers because his points guards are garbage. Kobe doesn't have faith in them either, that doesn't help.

Let me understand it: are you saying Kobe should relate more on Sasha Vujacic, Smush Parker, Aaron McKie, Shammond Williams, Maurice Evans and Jordan Farmar?

Is this what are we talking about?? Kobe should involve those guys more in the offence? Sasha & Co?

Are you really saying it the same to have B.J. Armstrong (best 3pt shooter in the NBA for a pair of years), John Paxon (another wonderful 3pt shooter), Ron Harper (a great initiator imho), Scottie Pippen playing point forward, etc..?

Are you saying Jordan could have made Sasha Vujacic or Shammond Williams an All Star?

Not Vujacic or Williams they are 3rd string, but what about Odom, he can be a great player. Kwame Brown and Smush Parker should be much better than they are and might do better on another team. Kobe should always do his best to give those players more confidence when it comes to taking those shots.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2007, 07:17:04 PM »
Antonio:
Who was better than Jordan?  6 playoff MVP's without a real post player to play with puts him #1 according to 99% of bball fans.  Did you watch the man play?  I never saw Wilt, Russell, etc play, but the only on ethat comes close would be Magic?  Is he your number one?

THe thing with Jordan is, he elevatated others play.  That is what GREAT players do, and i have a feeling Kobe will do it in the coming years, but as of now it is not happening.......

1. Magic
2. Jordan

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2007, 07:17:30 PM »

Not Vujacic or Williams they are 3rd string, but what about Odom, he can be a great player. Kwame Brown and Smush Parker should be much better than they are and might do better on another team. Kobe should always do his best to give those players more confidence when it comes to taking those shots.

LMAO. We all remember what happened last time Kwame and Jordan played together.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2007, 07:18:14 PM »
Antonio:

1. Magic
2. Jordan

"There's Michael Jordan and then there is the rest of us."  —  Magic Johnson

"Magic Johnson is the greatest player ever" — Dennis Rodman