Author Topic: My favorite DJ Quik produced song has to be...  (Read 868 times)

UNMUTED6

• Lil Geezy
Re: My favorite DJ Quik produced song has to be...
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2007, 11:05:31 PM »
If You Stay Ready is pretty nice

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 12:55:01 AM »
Can't choose just one. It feels like I'm not doing right by my other Quik favorites if I just name one.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 05:03:45 AM »
I could make a double disc of my favourite Quik tracks and still have some heaters left over.

Paul

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
I could make a double disc of my favourite Quik tracks and still have some heaters left over.

some! youd hav near enough every track hes produced, the guys a genius
funkyfreshintheflesh

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 05:43:39 PM »
Heartz of Men or So Many Wayz

Paul

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »

finnaly some one agrees with me on so many wayz, that song is on so many different levels musicly
funkyfreshintheflesh

DJSpin

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 05:35:43 AM »
so many ways
inside out
if you stay ready
america's most complete artist

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 12:50:57 PM »

finnaly some one agrees with me on so many wayz, that song is on so many different levels musicly

yeah its pretty amazing...that whole album is

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 01:11:52 PM »
another crazy beat is "Whateva U Want" from Classic 220

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
He has way too many, period. "Thinkin bout you" is one of the dopest rap songs I've ever heard...the track doesn't even sound like a rap track to be real, it sounds like something you'd hear at a sensual ass swingers club or a sexy ass striptease. And the solo at the end just kills it even more.

As far as pure musical inclination is conerned, and not just bang factor or bein laid back, his best tracks are: You'z a gangsta, Back off da wall (2nd II None), So many ways, No doubt, Tip Toe, If you ain't fuckin, Don't do dat, Somethin 4 tha mood, Whatever you do, Thinkin bout you, Well, Nothing has changed, The truth is (Mausberg), Ain't no doubt (Mausberg + Suga Free poject), Don't tell. If you have a ear for Jazz or true funk, you'll appreciate those a lot more.

Family45

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
He has way too many, period. "Thinkin bout you" is one of the dopest rap songs I've ever heard...the track doesn't even sound like a rap track to be real, it sounds like something you'd hear at a sensual ass swingers club or a sexy ass striptease. And the solo at the end just kills it even more.

As far as pure musical inclination is conerned, and not just bang factor or bein laid back, his best tracks are: You'z a gangsta, Back off da wall (2nd II None), So many ways, No doubt, Tip Toe, If you ain't fuckin, Don't do dat, Somethin 4 tha mood, Whatever you do, Thinkin bout you, Well, Nothing has changed, The truth is (Mausberg), Ain't no doubt (Mausberg + Suga Free poject), Don't tell. If you have a ear for Jazz or true funk, you'll appreciate those a lot more.

I know exactly what you talkin bout dog. When you have a musical backround you start noticing the complexity of Quik in comparison to his colleauges.  On those songs you listed the adlibs are crazy.  Thats what I love most about Quik.   I'd also add "Dip Da" off Street Gospel , & "Don't walk away" off The Konnectid Project to your list tho.
Menace Clan- Da Hood...Slept on classic