Author Topic: Lil' Wayne=best or worst?  (Read 796 times)

floatin_above_everything

Lil' Wayne=best or worst?
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:37:29 PM »
I think Weezy is fuckin killing em right now. He is the hottest in the game and destroys every track he is on. His verse on "We Taking Over", shits on anything else we see on Rap City all year. I wasn;t feeling him at 1st when Carter 1 came out, but really listening to him, he might be the best in the game. I wouldn't say best alive, but the best right now. What yall think about this kid?

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lil' Wayne=best or worst?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:59:48 PM »
I've never been impressed by one of his verses. But then again, T.I. never impressed me either. South is overrated.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:22:10 PM »
i think he can spit a nice 16 but dont understand the hype and the greatest in the game talk

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 06:59:02 PM »
Being better than anything on Rapcity isn't saying anything, unfortunately.  And Wayne is grossly overrated.  Proclaiming you're the greatest alive and being overtly cocky doesn't make you the best.  He's got an annoying voice, basically all he spits are punchlines / metaphors over and over and over.

Having said all that, I liked "Stuntin Like My Daddy".  That was the first post-Mannie Fresh Cash Money song that I liked.

rik

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:00:23 PM »
He's alright.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:25:37 PM »
Huh, I think I just have weird taste.  :(

Just for the record, I don't agree with "best rapper alive", but I do believe Carter 2 was one of the best Southern albums ever. I went into to listening to Carter 2 with LOW expectations and was so suprised by how good he got. Thats probably why it made such an impact.

nppwrtwdt

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 12:24:10 AM »
I see know where your coming from..I can bump the carter II anyday and not get old ever, which is rare id say the only other albums like this would be Obie Trice CHeers, and 2001 dre. anyways I wasnt a huge fan of weezy back in the carter 1 days but I did like some of his hits. ever since carter II I think hes dropped nothing but fire. THe drought 3 is easily one of my favorite mixtapes in a grip...only thing about wayne is that I think his style is simply yet he comes out saying punch lines better then anyone else and he can flow to any beat.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 04:05:14 AM »

Just for the record, I don't agree with "best rapper alive", but I do believe Carter 2 was one of the best Southern albums ever. I went into to listening to Carter 2 with LOW expectations and was so suprised by how good he got. Thats probably why it made such an impact.

yup it was a good abum.

I wouldnt go as far as calling him best in the game.  On a commercial tip he is doing well and has improved vastly but lyrically there is still work to be done. He gets by coz of his swagger.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »
Swagger Right Check Game Tight!

Weezy is on fire these days. Can't wait for Carter 3

kemizt

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
Swagger Right Check Game Tight!

Weezy is on fire these days. Can't wait for Carter 3

And you should be afriad, be very afraid. 8)

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 10:22:52 AM »

yup it was a good abum.

I wouldnt go as far as calling him best in the game.  On a commercial tip he is doing well and has improved vastly but lyrically there is still work to be done. He gets by coz of his swagger.

Yeah his swag is unfuckwitable right now. As far ah his lyrics, he is a punchline based emcee, but I think that is an important part of the lyrical aspect. He has dropped some gret songs with subject matter as well that weren't completely reliant on punches. His voice can be annoying, but amusing at the same time. I think he's is good for the game because out of all the mainstream artists, he actually focuses on the lyrics. I mean if he's gonna be a major player in the mainstream game for a while, I won't mind, because he does focus on lyrics, the true essense of hip-hop.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
I also like Weezy, hes been on fire lately. Like some said he aint no lyrical monster but hes got dope punchlines and his swagger is really the shit.

Example is that verse on Its Me Bitches remix. He has no substance, no story telling but its the way hes rapping.

Its a shame Carter 3 aint gonan come out till late 07, hes an idiot for that, he should drop it now, when his buzz is all over the place.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 10:47:03 AM »
I also like Weezy, hes been on fire lately. Like some said he aint no lyrical monster but hes got dope punchlines and his swagger is really the shit.

Example is that verse on Its Me Bitches remix. He has no substance, no story telling but its the way hes rapping.

Its a shame Carter 3 aint gonan come out till late 07, hes an idiot for that, he should drop it now, when his buzz is all over the place.

Tim, do u really expect a rapper to tell a story on a remix for an artist like Swizz and a song like "It's me Bitches"?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
Nah, was just giving an example of Waynes typical verse.

His album shit aint that different, like I said lil substance but his swagger is really cool and listenable.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2007, 11:02:40 AM »
Nah, was just giving an example of Waynes typical verse.

His album shit aint that different, like I said lil substance but his swagger is really cool and listenable.

trills, I see you. He does need to improve his subject matter, but also his swag and punchlines make up for it imo.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:09:43 AM by The_Dream_Shatterer »