Author Topic: What do you all think of the recent Dre productions???  (Read 472 times)

The_Urban_Legend

• 'G'
What do you all think of the recent Dre productions???
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:45:25 AM »
I think we can all agree that dre's productions recently have'nt been up to scratch. This might sound stupid, but we have come to expect a certain standard from every dre track which he has'nt been delivering imo, for every say 5 or 6 recent dre productions only one is kind of decent. has dre fell off??
Some of his last productions have been:

Drop it (heard it once and probably wont listen to it again)
Get Low (Took a while but has grown on me)
Here We Go (Very weak beat imo, and too much like Get Low)
Hold On (Young buck fuckin stabbed a guy for him and this was the best he could give him?)
Murder Dem Murders (At 1st i loved it but nothing really happens with the beat, it's a little too simple and repeadative)
Boss's Life (I really like this track, but ive gotten really sick of it)
Imagine (His best work in recent times imo)
Straight to the bank (Loved it.....then i found out it was'nt dre, which did'nt suprise me)

what do yall think of his recent work, do you think he is saving the best for detox?

TRG

Re: What do you all think of the recent Dre productions???
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:00:56 AM »
yeh been weak lately.. maybe we do expect a little to much from him, but he coulda done better with a few beats.. the beat for pap's song is shit.. might grow on me but i duno.. is it CDQ, coz it doesnt sound like it? but his best of the late is Imagine or Round Here imo.

Stats new one is alright.. i tihnk it will probly be a hit for a while.. but none of the 'In Da Club' success, no way.

and with Detox.. i dont even know what to expect anymore.. im just gonna take it as it comes (when ever that may be) and hope that its some ground breaking shit that we're all wanting. And if its not.. A LOT of people will be disappointed.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:09:47 AM »
I must say that I really dig Here We Go, Murder Dem Murderers is average/alright.Still can't judge that Pap/Busta track.Rest of the beats thread starter talks about are good to me.They may be quite weak for Dre standarts but still good.DK, that's just my opinion
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:10:29 AM »
Drop it - have yet to hear it...
Get Low - thought beat was dope, banged on a system/in a club
Here We Go - didnt like it at first, put it on a cd and bumped it on my cd player, sounded great.
Hold On - haven't really listened to it much...
Murder Dem Murders - same as above, put it on a cd yesterday...
Boss's Life - dope, but got a lil bored of it.
Imagine - agree
Straight to the bank - same, loved it.

what i think it is, is that everyone sees the name Dr. Dre and expects something major, so they are always let down regardless of whether the beat is dope or "not to dre's standards". my thoughts anyways...

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:21:26 AM »
Although I am not the biggest Dre fan, but I think he gets too much hate now. I actually like the beats on TBC, they're nothing special, but still the best beats on Snoop's album IMO.
Althoughthe beats he gave to Jigga were pretty weak for me.
I don't like the direction he has followed since 2001, I never felt songs like "In da Club". So I can't say that his recent productions have been weak, people just have too high expectations.

what do yall think of his recent work, do you think he is saving the best for detox?

I think the beats we got to hear now is the rest from his 2002-2007 era, I am pretty sure that he comes on Detox with a brand new sound. My only fear is that Detox won't be "west" and
I doubt that Dre will get back to his musical roots. But I don't doubt that his new alum will be a great success with more innovative productions.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:33:21 AM »
the biggest thing is that they don't seem to have the same replay value to me, they seem hot for a while but then I get tired of them real quick for example Boss Life which I can't really listen to anymore, I look at the 3 beats he did for BCT and compare them with the 3 he did for Last Meal and there is no comparison, I'm still bumping Hen And Buddah 7 years later and still sounds as fresh and dope as when I first heard it

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:47:17 AM »
All those beats you listed are still far above average in my opinion. They may not be on "2001"-level, but they're still very decent.

I like to think - and I hope I'm right - that Dre has given these so-called 'mediocre' beats to Snoop/Jay/ and them on purpose, just so that he'll be able to surprise the hell out of us with a new/amazing sound on Detox.

Would be a nice strategy in my opinion. On the other hand, giving 'leftover'-beats to guys like Snoop and Jay while probably charging them like a mofo' is not very cool in my book, but then again...they both can afford it.

wcsoldier

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 06:55:04 AM »
It's 97-98 all over again, Dre beats are average, a lot sound unfinished... Dre needs to work with Storch on the keys and Elizondo on the bass again if u ask me.. I really don't know what to expect from Detox (doubt it's coming out anyways) but I haven't had the "damn, that's a crazy beat" reaction when I heard a new Dre beat, for a long long time...

Raphael

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 07:26:19 AM »
Hold On (Young buck fuckin stabbed a guy for him and this was the best he could give him?)
lmfao.. but on topic boss life is dope the others are mehh.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 07:39:27 AM »
the biggest thing is that they don't seem to have the same replay value to me, they seem hot for a while but then I get tired of them real quick for example Boss Life which I can't really listen to anymore, I look at the 3 beats he did for BCT and compare them with the 3 he did for Last Meal and there is no comparison, I'm still bumping Hen And Buddah 7 years later and still sounds as fresh and dope as when I first heard it

^^
  Thats true.
I bump Last Meal Alot, those beats on LSM, were uber smooth, just as you mentioned!!

I'm sure what direction Dre is on right now..but i'm gon stay tuned to see where all this will lead!

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
I think 'Detox' will disappoint :(

Though I hope it won't! I love Chronic and 2001

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »
Maybe that's why "Detox" is pushed back again. Maybe Dre already had sum tracks produced for Detox in the "Imagine"/"Boss Life" style.
But then he heard alotta people thought these beats were kinda average/wack. So now he has to come up with a new sound again.
But that's a good thing cuz I rather wait anotha year and get an album with a sick new sound than get an album with average tracks like "Trouble", "Imagine" and "Boss Life".
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 08:01:01 AM by Westcoastfanatic »
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

wcsoldier

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 08:12:04 AM »
I think 'Detox' will disappoint :(

Though I hope it won't! I love Chronic and 2001
yeah.. but that's why I think it'll never come out... Dre won't release an album which can't be on the same level as his first 2...

MediumL

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 08:18:17 AM »
I thought most of them were good. A lot of the beats sound like something you'd find on soundtracks so i dont know if Dres getting used to making soundtrack beats.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »
They sound boring, all hip-hop has started to sound boring to me. :'(