Author Topic: Tell me some good punk albums  (Read 410 times)

Al Bundy

Tell me some good punk albums
« on: May 13, 2007, 05:11:40 PM »
I want some fast punk shit.

dclee

Re: Tell me some good punk albums
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 05:43:03 PM »
Well I used to listen to hardcore punk a lot, and I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but definitely check out Minor Threat. Just look for their Complete Discography. Has the 3 albums they recorded on one disc. They were around in the early 80s and are basically the definitive hardcore punk band. I'm only really familiar with hardcore punk though, and not really punk from the 70s.

Al Bundy

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:19:55 PM »
i found some shit on albumbase but only the first link works on all of them

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:21:53 PM »
Misfits

Al Bundy

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 06:24:42 PM »
Oh I dunno, I just know I see the punks wear their tshirt alot downtown in the scene.  So I'm guessing any album is good.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 06:25:40 PM »

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 06:26:14 PM »
lol @ that cover. i'll check it out

and props on the minor threat it's pretty good

dclee

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 06:48:10 PM »
here are some good misfits albums to get:

Earth A.D.
Walk Among Us (IMO their best)

also check out Black Flag, Damaged (their first with Henry Rollins as vocalist) is good shit.

Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 08:27:12 PM »
damaged was coo i like the minor threat better

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 09:46:16 PM »
NOFX   punk in drublic

Al Bundy

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 11:01:32 PM »
punk lost its roots in the early 80s, but if you want to check out one of the (debatable) pioneers, check out;
crass - the feeding of 5000

if you enjoyed minor threat, try and locate
reagan squad - the golden mile

anymore, punk is deifned by the individual and can pretty much be any form of rock, here is a random list of modern rock that some people are calling punk;
afi - answer that and stay fashionable (their pre-emo music is sort of skate rock)
anti-flag - die for your government (this is before they signed to a major and acquired harmony)
against all authority - 24 hour resistance (heavy skacore influence)
the drunken cholos - livin la vida loca (the queers when they were queer, but not called the queers)
the exploited - beat the bastards (some metal influences)
the exploited - fuck the system (some metal influences)
hatebreed - perserverance (metal influences)
inhuman - rebellion (some metal influences)
los kung fu monkeys - rebuilding hte world (heavily skacore influenced)
naked aggression - march march along (one of the few females vocalists that i dig)
operation ivy - energy (ska influence)
pennywise - pennywise (skate rock)
pipedown - enemies of progress (rock)
rudimentary peni - death church (crass influenced rock)
subhumans - live at the dive (old euro-rock)

if you dig any of that stuff, let me know and i will steer you towards similar albums.  enjoy.

i remember i use to listen to old AFI from my real punk skinhead friend (not the nazi skinhead an OG skinhead.. you probably know what i'm talkin about) and that shit was tight. he got me away from their bullshit emo. i'll check out these recommendations. +1

Vinnie

• 'G'
  • not quite that fly.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 11:11:02 PM »
i remember i use to listen to old AFI from my real punk skinhead friend (not the nazi skinhead an OG skinhead.. you probably know what i'm talkin about) and that shit was tight. he got me away from their bullshit emo. i'll check out these recommendations. +1

right on dude, a lot of people do not really know about afi's first two albums.  yeah, i miss the old skinheads with the whole unity scene; the only times that i have run into them in the past few years have been at skacore shows.  the list of rock that i ran off at the end covers a pretty lage spectrum, so if you want some song titles to narrow it down, let me know.

enjoy.

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 01:10:04 AM »

right on dude, a lot of people do not really know about afi's first two albums.  yeah, i miss the old skinheads with the whole unity scene; the only times that i have run into them in the past few years have been at skacore shows.  the list of rock that i ran off at the end covers a pretty lage spectrum, so if you want some song titles to narrow it down, let me know.

enjoy.

for real. anyways i couldn't find that subhumans album so i got the day the country died and it's pretty dope.

Narrator

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »
I used to listen to Social Distortion, Black Flag, Bad Religion, etc.  Growing up in L.A. during the 80s and early-90s, the whole punk thing was pretty much impossible to avoid, just like heavy metal and gangsta rap.

Right now, I also listen to Dropkick Murphys sometimes, especially when they make songs promoting good Blackman values such as the killing of Loyalist Protestant cocksuckers in Northern Ireland - I hate Protestants and wish to slay them all, so that's good by me.