Author Topic: Congratulations Spurs  (Read 563 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Congratulations Spurs
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 02:20:25 PM »
^^San Antonio can play REAL, shut-down defense.

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
^^San Antonio can play REAL, shut-down defense.

I never said that they could not, neither did I say Phoenix does either. I am saying that some players will resort to flopping rather than play that extra minute or so of defense. Their center Eberto or whatever his name is flops all the time. It's no secret Phoenis is not a great defensive team, but they do have some guys that play good D.

d-nice

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »
Hell, even my team, Chicago. Hinrich was flopping like crazy on Billups and when he would not get the call, it took him out of the play. And he is a good defender. I don't like it, but if you can draw a foul out of it, fine. Just don't do it to the point the refs don't buy it anymore or it keeps putting your team at a disadvantage like Phoenix does.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 02:31:46 PM by D~Nice »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 02:36:21 PM »
Phoenix have a couple players that can play individual defense...They are terrible at TEAM DEFENSE.

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 02:39:54 PM »
Phoenix have a couple players that can play individual defense...They are terrible at TEAM DEFENSE.

Yep.

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »
Bruce Bowen be killing me though when I watch him. Can he make a shot from anywhere other than the corners or the sides of the court. And at least 2-5 times a game he will have a uncontested shot. And it's like Phoenix can't find him. He ain't going no where else to shoot it.  ;D Same with Finley. Spurs just run they offense and have Parker dribble penetrate and dish to those 2 when the D collapses.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »
^ thats cuz teams look at Bowen as only a defender. As soon as they leave him open, Ginobli or Parker will find him, and its string music everytime  ;D
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

thisoneguy360

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2007, 02:44:58 PM »
Congratulations to Robert Horry for cheap shotting Nash which started an altercation that caused the suspension of two of The Suns key role players

Sparegeez

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2007, 03:02:33 PM »
I say they get to the finals in 5 games over Utah. Golden State chocked and Utah in my opinion is highly overrated. They excelled over us because of our poor free-throw shooting and our horrible rebounding. We also have to remember they shot like 10000 free throws a game. The only thing they have going for them is their power and they won't be able harm San Antonio that much.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »
Congratulations to Robert Horry for cheap shotting Nash which started an altercation that caused the suspension of two of The Suns key role players

They weren't going to beat the Spurs anyway. I'm telling you, no Steve Nash led team will ever beat a team with a good pg. Against the Lakers all Nash had to do was run the offense, but he could coast on the defensive end because Farmar and Parker aren't going to do much. Check out how he does against Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, or Jason Kidd.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 09:46:13 AM »

They weren't going to beat the Spurs anyway. I'm telling you, no Steve Nash led team will ever beat a team with a good pg. Against the Lakers all Nash had to do was run the offense, but he could coast on the defensive end because Farmar and Parker aren't going to do much. Check out how he does against Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, Chauncey Billups, or Jason Kidd.

Don't think an Iverson team will ever win the title either. 

Hypothetical question:   If you put Nash in Parker's place, would the Spurs still win the championship this year?   

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:50 AM »
I hate the Spurs.  Spurs/Jazz is gonna be the gayest Western Conference Finals in recent memory, period.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
I hate the Spurs.  Spurs/Jazz is gonna be the gayest Western Conference Finals in recent memory, period.

...or the best.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 03:29:02 PM »

...or the best.

No.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

...or the best.

No.

Jazz match up well with the Spurs...

PG Deron Williams vs. Tony Parker
SG Derek Fisher vs. Michael Finley
SF Andrei Kirilenko vs. Bruce Bowen
PF Carlos Boozer vs. Tim Duncan
C Mehmet Okur vs Francisco Oberto

...and the bench:

Manu Ginobli
Robert Horry
Brent Barry
Francisco Elson

vs.

Matt Harpring
Paul Milsap
Gordan Giricek
Rafael Araujo

The bench is the difference, I guess. But Utah has a much better chance at knocking off the Spurs than Phoenix did.