Poll

Pick 1.

Yes
7 (30.4%)
No
16 (69.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Is LeBron James A Choker?  (Read 2230 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Is LeBron James A Choker?
« on: May 18, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »
LeBron, far from clutch.

May 18, 2007 --

Is there any extraterrestrial scorer who's more fragile, and whose confidence can be shaken so summarily than Vince Carter? Presenting LeBron James, last seen slightly limping off the court - bailing out on the Cavaliers - near the end of the Game 5 lost cause.

For the sake of King James' sanity, shaking hand (while drinking a Gatorade) and nail-biting during team huddles at crunch time, please cease his incessant commercials. Imagine the endorsement power of this mortal man-child should he ever actually achieve anything momentous.

In the meantime, until James proves he can play more like Tayshaun Prince and mow 'em down at the free throw line when they count like Manu Ginobili, I strongly suggest, in the best interest of Cleveland, Zydrunas Ilgauskas be utilized for technical fouls vs. LeBron.

d-nice

Re: Is LeBron James A Choker?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 02:34:18 PM »
LeBron, far from clutch.

May 18, 2007 --

Is there any extraterrestrial scorer who's more fragile, and whose confidence can be shaken so summarily than Vince Carter? Presenting LeBron James, last seen slightly limping off the court - bailing out on the Cavaliers - near the end of the Game 5 lost cause.

For the sake of King James' sanity, shaking hand (while drinking a Gatorade) and nail-biting during team huddles at crunch time, please cease his incessant commercials. Imagine the endorsement power of this mortal man-child should he ever actually achieve anything momentous.

In the meantime, until James proves he can play more like Tayshaun Prince and mow 'em down at the free throw line when they count like Manu Ginobili, I strongly suggest, in the best interest of Cleveland, Zydrunas Ilgauskas be utilized for technical fouls vs. LeBron.

The truth hurts.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 04:53:41 PM »
Its really sad to see a guy that good freeze up at crunch time. I can live with him taking shots and not making them but LJ won't even attempt a shot in a close game. Luckily for him he's young and has plenty of time to work on that.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 06:39:27 PM »
You guys watch the 4th quarter today? 

LBJ took over, fadeaways, 3's, assists, saving lose balls, offensive rebounds, what more do you need? 

I admit Lebron has been hit and miss in clutch situations, but the guy is still only 22!!!

He played great in the pivotal minutes of the 4th quarter, good for him.

Of course, you guys will never acknowledge the truth as you cannot give props to the following:

1) teams that beat the Lakers out of the playoffs two years str8

2) Players that are mentioned as being almost as good or as good as Kobe

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
Don't you think his confidence will get better as he gets older?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »

LBJ took over, fadeaways, 3's, assists, saving lose balls, offensive rebounds, what more do you need? 

I admit Lebron has been hit and miss in clutch situations, but the guy is still only 22!!!

Of course, you guys will never acknowledge the truth as you cannot give props to the following:

Who exactly are you referring to?

1. I'm a big Amare Stoudemire fan, and I give a lot of credit to Leandro Barbosa.

2. No player is close to being as good as Kobe so not sure what you mean there.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
Peter Vecsey brings nothing to the table.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 01:32:13 AM »

Who exactly are you referring to?

1. I'm a big Amare Stoudemire fan, and I give a lot of credit to Leandro Barbosa.

2. No player is close to being as good as Kobe so not sure what you mean there.

I shouldn't try and speak for the man, but I'm guessing he's referring to Elior.  Unfortunately he casts you Laker fans in a bad light when in reality yall are good peoples and are capable of having rational discussion. 

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 04:20:18 AM »

It's not about not givin props to the Suns.. they were better than the Lakers and we admit it.. We just said they'll never win a title, playing this type of B-Ball and til now this is FACT... Lebron is a great player but still has a lot to prove to be on Kobe level.. he hasn't classic takeovers in the 4th yet... unlike Wade who got somes... Don't get me wrong Lebron can improve a lot but NOW he isn't on the level the medias said

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 07:42:19 AM »
22 years old, led his team to ~50 reg season wins and to the con finals in 10 games

ya dig
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 09:23:24 AM »

It's not about not givin props to the Suns.. they were better than the Lakers and we admit it.. We just said they'll never win a title, playing this type of B-Ball and til now this is FACT... Lebron is a great player but still has a lot to prove to be on Kobe level.. he hasn't classic takeovers in the 4th yet... unlike Wade who got somes... Don't get me wrong Lebron can improve a lot but NOW he isn't on the level the medias said

Intead of trying to accept that this is our opinion, they'd prefer to ride our nuts over it. LMAO@Jromo's claims. Most Laker fans agree with me...LOL. saying "I'm a huge Amare Stoudemire fan" doesn't make you a more respectable Laker fan...Just admit that you can't get off my nuts and that it has nothing to do with my opinion on the sport of basketball, which you know nothing about to begin with. EVERY post from you in this section mentions of me. GIVE IT UP.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 12:02:48 PM »
Props to LeBron, pissed off that Cleveland knocked us out, but LBJ played great.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 01:16:30 PM »
if Peter Vecsey said it,it must be true...........

thisoneguy360

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »
I love Lebron but yeah he has hasn't really come in in the clutch alot, hopefully it will come as he gets older. I'm hoping he can do something against Detroit

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 07:43:04 PM »
Game One of Conference Finals vs. Pistons....

With a minute and some left, he threw up a terrible three pointer off balance.

With about 50 seconds left, he threw a GREAT pass to Hughes with 50 something seconds left, but he put up a bad shot.....

Now with 30 something seconds left, and the ball.....does he want it???

With about 24 seconds or so....he seemed very timid once again...backing down someone for five seconds before deciding to pass to Zydrunas, and they luckily got the rebound.....now they have about 12 seconds left........

With 8 seconds, he threw a good pass to Marshall, who shot an open three and missed it.....and the ball bounced and the Pistons got it......

And I was hoping he'd come through...he really does need to get that instinct.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 07:49:38 PM by R-Tistic »