Author Topic: Its been decided.............Lebron IS clutch! Deal with it.  (Read 2563 times)

teecee

Get rid of that other thread, it is no longer necessary.  Lebron has answered the critics, and I am sure we will all now admit it. 

Game-tying three, game-winning drive.  One of the MOST CLUTCH games ever, simply amazing. 

25 straight points, 29 of the last 30, INCREDIBLE game, one of the best individual games by an NBA player EVER.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Its been decided.............Lebron IS clutch! Deal with it.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:00:09 PM »
He had a great game...Don't get ahead of yourself though. Dude still missed a grip of clutch shots and coulda closed it out in the 4th with free throws. Too early to call him clutch. I still think Detroit takes the next 2, like last year.

teecee

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:02:42 PM »
He had a great game...Don't get ahead of yourself though. Dude still missed a grip of clutch shots and coulda closed it out in the 4th with free throws. Too early to call him clutch. I still think Detroit takes the next 2, like last year.

Kind of what i expected.  Don't nitpick, incredible game. He hit the game-tying three, and the game winner.

What happens when he gets a consistent jumper/three, and a post-up game? 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »
if cleaveland wins game 6 Lebron is on the same level as kobe as far as i'm concerned. if the cavs beat the spurs Lebron>Kobe. i never thought i'd say it but it's true. period.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:04:50 PM »
He had a great game...Don't get ahead of yourself though.

he's had a great 3 straight games, in the playoffs that says a lot more. plus he's only 22, that's amazing shit.

also remember this is against detroit, one of the leagues best defensive teams.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:07:24 PM »
if cleaveland wins game 6 Lebron is on the same level as kobe as far as i'm concerned. if the cavs beat the spurs Lebron>Kobe. i never thought i'd say it but it's true. period.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Kobe would EASILY be in the finals right now in LeBron's place with that supporting cast in the EAST. Especially with how Detroit is playing. LeBron isn't even close to Kobe's level yet.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:53 PM »
The dude hit 14/17 (82%) freethrows in the 4th q.  Nobody can make them all.  Quit hating. 

And by the way, since you like comparisons:

Present Kobe>>>Present Lebron

Lebron at 22>>>>>Kobe at 22.

Kobe may have won a ring, but he had a guy, his name escapes me right now, that carried the team.  Lebron is doing it by himself against a great defensive team.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 09:19:20 PM by hisairness »
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »
I just watched LBJ become a man (no homo) and as for Nick talkin about Kobe at a time like this??? Dont fuckin bring him into this thread he fuckin sucked in the 04 finals against detroit shooting 38% from the field and 17% from 3 point land. LBJ has arrived!!! Im officially jumping on the bandwagon fuck what anyone thinks
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 09:26:39 PM »

Lebron at 22>>>>>Kobe at 22.

NO WAY! Kobe was amazing at 22 AND championship material. Doing things as great (and greater) than LeBron from a supporting role.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:32 PM »
The dude hit 14/17 (82%) freethrows in the 4th q.  Nobody can make them all.  Quit hating. 

ALL of LeBron's misses from the free throw line came in the clutch.

teecee

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
One question?  What, individually, did Kobe do at 22 that even remotely compares to what Lebron did tonight? 

Guys, can we all agree to not mention KB24 AT LEAST until the playoffs are over???  I know Kobe is trying to be the spotlight right now, and the sad thing is we have let him the last couple of days, but how about instead we focus on Lebron, dude is playing amazing right now, doing things we all didn't think he could do. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2007, 09:51:45 PM »
One question?  What, individually, did Kobe do at 22 that even remotely compares to what Lebron did tonight? 

Are you serious? Kobe was single-handedly winning championship games in the 4th quarter at LeBron's age. You guys are getting way too excited, LeBron STILL has a lot to prove.

teecee

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »
The more i think about this game, the more amazing it is.  I haven't seen ann individual game in a key playoff situation like this since..........MJ.    I've never been one to compare Lebron to MJ as he is a completely different player but NOONE has done anything like this since MJ.  

29 of 30 points?  Supporting cast, where are you???  Gooden and Boobie have been great this series, but had no impact tonight.  It was ALL Lebron......has anyone ever scored their teams final 25 points, including a game tying shot and a game winner?  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »
lol lebron never had the convieniance of having shaq on his team, he's got zydrunas a lanky foot injured  oger  lol at kobe SINGLE HANDEDLY winning championship games. lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 09:55:45 PM »
The more i think about this game, the more amazing it is.  I haven't seen ann individual game in a key playoff situation like this since..........MJ.    I've never been one to compare Lebron to MJ as he is a completely different player but NOONE has done anything like this since MJ.  

29 of 30 points?  Supporting cast, where are you???  Gooden and Boobie have been great this series, but had no impact tonight.  It was ALL Lebron......has anyone ever scored their teams final 25 points, including a game tying shot and a game winner?  

no doubt, that shit was HISTORIC, again no one, not even Kobe has done that since jordan, ESPECIALLY against a defense like detroit. bravo lebron bravo.