Author Topic: Its been decided.............Lebron IS clutch! Deal with it.  (Read 2575 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Its been decided.............Lebron IS clutch! Deal with it.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 12:36:08 AM »
even Kobe never did anything close to what LBJ did tonight,

See, this is what gets me. LeBron played great and I give him his props for tonight... but surely, you can't truly believe this, can you?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 01:05:21 AM »
This is the one thing that pisses me off about the playoffs. People go way overboard with there opinions on players because there are only a few teams to watch.

So far...

"Dirk Nowitzki is the most overrted player ever"
"Baron Davis is great. He deserved to be the MVP"
"Golden State is going to the finals"
"The Lakers are a good team, but Kobe is too selfish to help them win"
"The Suns defense isn't as bad as people make it out to be"
"Lebron steps up in the 4th quarter"

In the famous words of Chris Rock - "cut the fuckin crap"!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 05:33:19 AM »
lol @ the haters

Dude, Lebron has been great the past 3 games...scoring most of his points in the 4th....where the fuck have you guys been? A), NOT WATCHING.

Muthafuckas are so blind it sickens me...but this is nothing new, thats how the basketball section been like for the past 3 years
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 09:20:41 AM »
One question?  What, individually, did Kobe do at 22 that even remotely compares to what Lebron did tonight? 

Are you serious? Kobe was single-handedly winning championship games in the 4th quarter at LeBron's age. You guys are getting way too excited, LeBron STILL has a lot to prove.

Disgusting kid, who was the Lakers center that year again?

Disgusting? You really know your basketball history, huh? When Shaq was fouling out early against the Pacers in the finals, Kobe carried the team on his back in the 4th, breaking records, doing amazing things TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS at an even younger age than LeBron...PeACe

2001 NBA Finals

Game1

Shaq - 40pts, 20reb, 5 asst, 52 min
Kobe - 15 pts, 3 reb, 5 asst, 52 min

Game 2

Shaq - 28pts, 20 reb, 9 asst, 45 min
Kobe - 31pts, 8 reb, 6 asst, 47 min

Game 3

Shaq - 30pts, 12 reb, 3 asst, 41 min
Kobe - 32 pts, 6reb, 3 asst, 48 min

Game 4

Shaq - 34pts, 14 reb, 5 asst, 42 min
Kobe - 19pts, 10 reb, 9 asst, 43 min

Game 5

Shaq - 29pts, 13reb, 2asst, 45 min
Kobe - 26 pts, 12reb, 6 asst, 44 min

2002 NBA Finals

Game
NIK - World's worst moderator.

wcsoldier

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
^^^^^ East was weaker inside wise so we were insisting on Shaq coz we knew he will dominate with ease.. just compare Shaq stats during the playoffs in the Western Conf and the Finals (during the 3peat) and you will see his stats are way "better" (not the good word) during the Finals... yeah of course Shaq was the main option but Kobe got some very important games and 4th QTs , especially in 01 and 02...   :-X at the general knowledge of B-Ball on this forum

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 11:23:02 AM »
lol @ the haters

Dude, Lebron has been great the past 3 games...scoring most of his points in the 4th....where the fuck have you guys been? A), NOT WATCHING.

Muthafuckas are so blind it sickens me...but this is nothing new, thats how the basketball section been like for the past 3 years

I gave LeBron his props. All I'm saying is that I still think he has a lot to improve before he's considered with the elite great ones.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »
One question?  What, individually, did Kobe do at 22 that even remotely compares to what Lebron did tonight? 

Are you serious? Kobe was single-handedly winning championship games in the 4th quarter at LeBron's age. You guys are getting way too excited, LeBron STILL has a lot to prove.

Disgusting kid, who was the Lakers center that year again?

Disgusting? You really know your basketball history, huh? When Shaq was fouling out early against the Pacers in the finals, Kobe carried the team on his back in the 4th, breaking records, doing amazing things TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS at an even younger age than LeBron...PeACe

2001 NBA Finals

Game1

Shaq - 40pts, 20reb, 5 asst, 52 min
Kobe - 15 pts, 3 reb, 5 asst, 52 min

Game 2

Shaq - 28pts, 20 reb, 9 asst, 45 min
Kobe - 31pts, 8 reb, 6 asst, 47 min

Game 3

Shaq - 30pts, 12 reb, 3 asst, 41 min
Kobe - 32 pts, 6reb, 3 asst, 48 min

Game 4

Shaq - 34pts, 14 reb, 5 asst, 42 min
Kobe - 19pts, 10 reb, 9 asst, 43 min

Game 5

Shaq - 29pts, 13reb, 2asst, 45 min
Kobe - 26 pts, 12reb, 6 asst, 44 min

2002 NBA Finals

Game

The 2001 finals were against the Sixers. LOL. And even if, OF COURSE the offense ran through Shaq! Notice how Kobe was putting up numbers as good or better than Shaq's as a second option...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »
^^^ kobe and shaq made a great fuckin tandem
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
The more i think about this game, the more amazing it is.  I haven't seen ann individual game in a key playoff situation like this since..........MJ.    I've never been one to compare Lebron to MJ as he is a completely different player but NOONE has done anything like this since MJ. 

29 of 30 points?  Supporting cast, where are you???  Gooden and Boobie have been great this series, but had no impact tonight.  It was ALL Lebron......has anyone ever scored their teams final 25 points, including a game tying shot and a game winner? 

LMFAO@no one has done anything like this. 95% of his shots were dunks and open lay-ups! Speak of overexaggeration, I've seen Baron Davis do shit like this in the playoffs. RELAX.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070531/CLEDET/playbyplay.html

11 makes were jumpshots (2 of which were 3's)
7 makes were dunks or layups
The other points came from the free throw line.

Sorry champ, that's no where near "95% of his shots were dunks and open lay-ups."

To be exact, 33% of makes were jump shots, only 21% of makes were dunks/lay-ups.

Of his total shots, 11 of his misses were jumpshots, one of which was blocked.  22 of his total shots were jumpshots.  That is 66% of his total shots being jumpshots.

teecee

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2007, 11:44:11 AM »
The more i think about this game, the more amazing it is.  I haven't seen ann individual game in a key playoff situation like this since..........MJ.    I've never been one to compare Lebron to MJ as he is a completely different player but NOONE has done anything like this since MJ. 

29 of 30 points?  Supporting cast, where are you???  Gooden and Boobie have been great this series, but had no impact tonight.  It was ALL Lebron......has anyone ever scored their teams final 25 points, including a game tying shot and a game winner? 

LMFAO@no one has done anything like this. 95% of his shots were dunks and open lay-ups! Speak of overexaggeration, I've seen Baron Davis do shit like this in the playoffs. RELAX.

Sorry champ, that's no where near "95% of his shots were dunks and open lay-ups."

To be exact, 33% of makes were jump shots, only 21% of makes were dunks/lay-ups.

Of his total shots, 11 of his misses were jumpshots, one of which was blocked.  22 of his total shots were jumpshots.  That is 66% of his total shots being jumpshots.

I love it when peeps are proved wrong with fact!  Opinion is something we all have, facts cannot be fucked with!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2007, 11:52:18 AM »

I was talking about in crunch-time...Most of his clutch shots in the game were when he drove it in on single coverage (BY JASON MAXIELL :-X) and dunked it with authority. None of the shots were breath-taking besides maybe one three...He wasn't doing over the top of 3 defernders, Jordanesque fadeaway type shit like ya'll are making it seem...Detroit gave LeBron the lane, they isolated, and he capitalized. Good shit...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

I was talking about in crunch-time...Most of his clutch shots in the game were when he drove it in on single coverage (BY JASON MAXIELL :-X) and dunked it with authority. None of the shots were breath-taking besides maybe one three...He wasn't doing over the top of 3 defernders, Jordanesque fadeaway type shit like ya'll are making it seem...Detroit gave LeBron the lane, they isolated, and he capitalized. Good shit...PeACe

Yeah, way to try and cover your tracks champ. 

However, in the 2 ot's:

4 makes were jumpshots, 2 were layupsdunks, the rest were freethrows.

Again, not close to 95%.

And, just for kicks, go into the 4th quarter:

His last five shots, 2 were jump shots, 3 were layups/dunks.

Still, that's a 6-5 edge for jumpshots.

Also, single coverage, triple coverage, quadruple coverage, a made jump shot is a made jump shot.  Driving and dunking over somebody still means 1) you got past the original defender and 2) you dunked over somebody.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 12:06:47 PM by hisairness »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
^^So tell me something, what's YOUR point? My point is that his performance was great, but still not Jordanesque or nearly as amazing as you guys made it out to be...Jordan woulda been HAMMERED by 5 players driving into the lane like that against the 80's Detroit teams.

teecee

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 12:25:49 PM »
^^So tell me something, what's YOUR point? My point is that his performance was great, but still not Jordanesque or nearly as amazing as you guys made it out to be...Jordan woulda been HAMMERED by 5 players driving into the lane like that against the 80's Detroit teams.

Ok, lets pretend i agree with you.  Basically, what you are then saying is no performance in the past 5-6 years is worthy of being considered "Jordanesque" because defense is now so damn soft.  D-Wade in the finals last year, Kobe versus the Raps, etc, none of these performances are historics because defense is so weak now,  right? 

This ain't the 80's, but the fact is this:  Its been a LONG TIME since anyone has dominated the end of a game like that.  29 of 30???  In the 4th and Overtimes?  WHo else has dominated the end of a game like this?  I don't care if it was single coverage, no coverage, etc, the fact is he scored 25 straight points, each shot hugely clutch as any of those missing could've meant the Cavs lose. 

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 12:51:24 PM »
You keep changing your mind...

95% of his shots were dunks or layups.

You get punked, so...

I meant the crunch time shots.

You get punked, so...

What's your point?  It wasn't Jordanesque.

Get over yourself.