Author Topic: hey ya by outkast=second best rap song ever?  (Read 549 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: hey ya by outkast=second best rap song ever?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 01:09:26 PM »
I can't believe it's one ahead of Green Onions. Now that is a timeless piece of music that will forever be used to describe the second half of the 1900s. Oh well, remember the Rolling Stone list before this one named Kurt Cobain as a top 20 guitarist while Van Halen was like 80 something, and Slash wasn't listed. I know he made nerds and losers everywhere feel good about themselves and those nerds and losers now run music magazines and such, but top 20 guitarist? Top 20 lyricist fine, not guitarist.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »
that list is a joke.
MJ's highest ranked song at nr 58 and Eminem is ranked 100 positions higher with Lose Yourself compared to Sugar Hill Gangs "Rappers Delight" when they should be way up in top 10.

We should make a real list instead on dubcc.
fuck that list.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2007, 06:31:09 AM »
that list is a joke.
MJ's highest ranked song at nr 58 and Eminem is ranked 100 positions higher with Lose Yourself compared to Sugar Hill Gangs "Rappers Delight" when they should be way up in top 10.

fuck that list.

Any list made here will have just as many critics as any list on Rollingstone. You can't make a list of 500 best songs and have even 5% of music fans agree.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2007, 07:29:57 AM »
^^Amen to that

And props for reminding me of I Like The Way You Move, cause it's such a noice track  8)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Paul

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »
that list is a joke.

fuck that list.

Any list made here will have just as many critics as any list on Rollingstone. You can't make a list of 500 best songs and have even 5% of music fans agree.

thts the way it is
funkyfreshintheflesh

D-Lyte

• Lil Geezy
  • Get Stupid
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »
I have no problem with the song, I even liked it at some point, but it was overplayed like a lot of music in the mainstream today, and you can't deny that it really did a lot for Outcast (saleswise), but I don't think it should be anywhere near a list of top quality material

Word main. Coudn't have said it better.
【●•▶ᎽᎯᎽ ᎯᏒᏋᎯ◀•●】