Author Topic: Paris  (Read 263 times)

dclee

Paris
« on: June 05, 2007, 12:18:18 AM »
I haven't seen Paris talked about too much on these boards, so just wanted to start a thread. I've mainly heard tracks from The Devil Made Me Do It and Guerrilla Funk and I'm into both of them. I'm not into political/conscious rap but Paris is one of the only exceptions. What are your favorite albums by him? I've heard that "The Devil Made Me Do It' is known as his best work.

He re-issued his first 3 albums through his record label in like 2003 with bonus shit. I might have to check those out. Also, the album cover where he is about to assassinate Bush Sr. rules haha.

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Paris
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »
I got all Paris's albums and they are all great. "Sonic Jihad" is well worth gettin'. If you like his beats cop Public Enemys last album! It features Paris and has heaps of Paris production also!!  8)

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
I really like him.His first three LP's are really solid, and are worth checking out for any Hip-Hop fan
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

S.J

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
Paris is great, I think Sleeping With The Enemy and Sonic Jihad are the best two albums then The Devil Made Me Do It
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
Guerrilla Funk is my favorite. Production is too funky.

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 11:55:15 AM »
Yeah Paris is definately overlooked as far as hip hop is concerned because all of his releases are solid as fuck especially Sonic Jihad-which I had argued is probably the best west coast hip hop record ever made.  In due time I think others will agree with me.  He is also a very successful and wise businessman with his label and he supplies low income families with housing at low cost as well.  So essentially he practices what he preaches and is about as real as they come in the rap game.  Unfortunately, I have not heard a thing about Guerrilla Funk in over a year besides some new artists that have signed.  Paris is also supposedly working on new solo material so we may see something next year.  Good thread...better than all the Game threads.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 02:59:41 PM »
Why have I never heard of Sonic Jihad ?

smp4life

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 03:16:16 PM »
Sonic Jihad is a great record. Also, PE's Birth of a Nation is basically a Paris record, Paris even wrote a lot of Chuck D's raps on it. Also, Paris protege T-Kash has a slamming record called Turf War Syndrome.

dclee

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 04:00:11 PM »
didn't Paris write ALL of Chuck D's rhymes on Rebirth of a Nation? I thought he wrote all the raps except for those by the guest rappers. But yeah my brother has that album so I'll definitely borrow it from him someday, i mean damn, its got guest spots by MC Ren and KAM!

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
I've only heard his first three albums and they were all dope, nice alternative to the gangsta sound that ruled hip hop during those times.

Also, the album cover where he is about to assassinate Bush Sr. rules haha.

I believe that one caused quite a stir and it was at a time when hip hop was already under fire for being too controversial in almost every aspect.

~Loyalty Is Everything~