Author Topic: Dr Dre Westcoast Work  (Read 992 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dr Dre Westcoast Work
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 01:53:05 AM »
that's dope that Em signed somneone from the west coast.

i wasn't dissing orange county, I just didn't know cashis was from CA

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Blu Lacez

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 03:52:14 AM »
thats sum cry baby shit... Dr.Dre been working with east coast rappers since 1996. i mean its nothing new...FUCK A COAST its about making good music, West Coast acts been crying about not getting airplay or help to go major but they dont do shit to help the situation...and I have to give props to Bishop Lamont for fucking with Pete Rock and other folks from the east that makes him an universal Artist, also 1500 or Nuthin for fucking with Just Blaze and Kanye and props to Terrace Martin for working heavily on Lalah's record...see those people  see bigger than west coast, they try to go unversal wit their sound, they wanna make music for the world, so they are crossing the bridge doesnt matter where the fuck they are from thats why these people will have success in a major way...some artist should take notes...

^^^
True talk, Mayne!!

Don't forget Snoop, Snoop branched out, & came back to the westcoast!

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 03:58:47 AM »
westcoast is canada without dre/cube

and ya don't stop

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 05:07:47 AM »
dre ain't gonna work with o cruz.

and where did you get this precious info from crackability?

are you working as a janitor at the aftermath studios maybe?  8)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 05:54:49 AM »
who knows..maybe dre hates the westcoast or he is scared of all the gangsters on the west..or its just interscope business jimmy tellin dre what he has to do...but dre should def do more work with westcoast artists

Mygla

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
1. Dre starts a great era for the west coast with The Chronic and Death Row.
2. Dre leaves Death Row, starts up Aftermath, the west frowns upon him for working with Nas, The Firm etc
3. Dre comes back to the west w/ 2001, and basically starts a whole new great era for the West (99-01 was a good for the west)
4. Dre works with 50, Eminem, Eve++, and the west disses him again.

5.? Detox: back to the west?

Or should he even bother?

XaNdEr

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »
Actually the question is, is Dre up to it. It is easy to jump on the hot artists and produce for them, not many people will be disappointed anyways, i'm not sure if Dre could produce an entire Westcoast album again, i think it is up to the newer producers...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:31 AM »
dre ain't gonna work with o cruz.

and where did you get this precious info from crackability?

are you working as a janitor at the aftermath studios maybe?  8)
Ohhhh shit! You should get a HBO special dogg!

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 09:08:48 AM »
1. Dre starts a great era for the west coast with The Chronic and Death Row.
2. Dre leaves Death Row, starts up Aftermath, the west frowns upon him for working with Nas, The Firm etc
3. Dre comes back to the west w/ 2001, and basically starts a whole new great era for the West (99-01 was a good for the west)
4. Dre works with 50, Eminem, Eve++, and the west disses him again.

5.? Detox: back to the west?

Or should he even bother?

Thats what im really thinking

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

XaNdEr

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:07 AM »
^ I didn't know you was capable of that.  :-\

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
Dre was probably the first superstar rapper/producer who said "fuck all this stupid eastcoast, westcoast bullshit". It's nothin wrong with reppin where you are from (Dre has done it also), but it took alot of balls to stand apart from Deathrow, Suge, Pac and to get dissed the way he did back in the day...It still amazes me how eastcoast producers and rappers, south producers and rappers work with whomever they want and their fans don't make a big deal of it....No one has done more for a coast, east or west or south than Dre has done for the west....Even Snoop has had something to say about Dre working with the east...Maybe some of the other westcoast legends including Snoop should step up instead of being so selfish promoting their own careers...       

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »
I never started this topic to knock dre i just noticed that when dre rocks with the west we are untouchable

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

XaNdEr

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 11:39:58 PM »
Dre was probably the first superstar rapper/producer who said "fuck all this stupid eastcoast, westcoast bullshit". It's nothin wrong with reppin where you are from (Dre has done it also), but it took alot of balls to stand apart from Deathrow, Suge, Pac and to get dissed the way he did back in the day...It still amazes me how eastcoast producers and rappers, south producers and rappers work with whomever they want and their fans don't make a big deal of it....No one has done more for a coast, east or west or south than Dre has done for the west....Even Snoop has had something to say about Dre working with the east...Maybe some of the other westcoast legends including Snoop should step up instead of being so selfish promoting their own careers...       

That's real talk too. Dre has done so much for the West, back with N.W.A. he, together with Yella, Ren, Cube & Eazy, he made the whole gangstarap-genre get popular and profitable. This brought many great albums for us, including the ones from 2Pac, Warren G, Dr. Dre himself, Snoop Dogg and Tha Dogg Pound.

Then the West was falling off the scene and Dre came with 2001 and helped it back to the top, from 99 - 01/02 the West was on top of things again, thanks to Dre. Even though he got dissed for no reason really, he continued to support the West.

But Dre ain't no fool, he doesn't just limit his vision to one area or coast, that's why he works with people like Eminem, 50 Cent, Stat Quo etc. He knows that music is not "bounded" by coasts, and to think it is is kinda lame. The West need to get off Dre's dick (no homo) and do something on their own to reach stardom again instead of relying on Dre to do it for them.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 11:53:18 PM »
If the west wants dre, they need to get off that gangster shit. New topics will bring him in( Bishop Lamont) or just undeniable raw talent(Slim the mobster)

-T

westcoastavengers.com

MediumL

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 12:06:47 AM »
Xander right, like Glasses Malone said, West needs to start making its own moves instead of relying on Dre or Snoop. The Hyphy scene is good cause its not relying much on promotion from people like Dre or Snoop but the gangsta rap scene still does.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>