Author Topic: Dr Dre Westcoast Work  (Read 994 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: Dr Dre Westcoast Work
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2007, 06:13:58 PM »
Aight i'ma go download them right now.  8)

good man

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »
I heard Thriller twice now and Off The Wall 1 time, i'm impressed. The productions are soooooo tight on here, you were totally right about it. And his whole voice and style are really an addition to every track, man this shit is fuckin' classic.  8)

Many props for hooking me up with this shit, i doubt i would be listening to it right now if you didn't point it out. I really love these 2 albums (no homo). When i'm done listening to these 2 i'll go check some more MJ shit. +1

Blu Lacez

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2007, 03:59:56 AM »
I never started this topic to knock dre i just noticed that when dre rocks with the west we are untouchable

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2007, 06:16:54 AM »
Dre doesn't give a fuck when you're from. All he cares bout is if the person he works with got talent. He said in a 96 interview that he would work with someone from Afghanistan if he thinks that person is dope. And he has always been that way. The D.O.C was from Texas right?
And the Lady of Rage was from the East Coast too.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
I heard Thriller twice now and Off The Wall 1 time, i'm impressed. The productions are soooooo tight on here, you were totally right about it. And his whole voice and style are really an addition to every track, man this shit is fuckin' classic.  8)

Many props for hooking me up with this shit, i doubt i would be listening to it right now if you didn't point it out. I really love these 2 albums (no homo). When i'm done listening to these 2 i'll go check some more MJ shit. +1

Awesome, glad to hear you enjoyed them.

I've been bumpin' them nonstop and seriously, hot ass chicks have just been dancing with me because of it lately, it's gonna be a good summer....it's pretty dope.

also, just so you know...that's Paul Mccartney on the girl is mine, he also wrote the song 'girlfriend' on off the wall.

stevie wonder wrote the song 'i can't help it' from off the wall.

eddie van halen plays the guitar solo on 'beat it'.

also, I've yet to find any MJ albums that I like NEARLY as much as thriller and off the wall. "Bad" would have been the shit if it was made in the late 70s or early 80s but it's 87 so it's really 80s crapped out. there's some dope songs, but almost none are dope in the way that 'thriller' and 'off the wall' are dope.

I got The Jacksons' "Destiny" album (MJ's familys group album that dropped right before off the wall) and it's cool but Quincy didn't produce it, some sick songs, some whatever songs. I've been on the lookout for 'victory' and'triumph' by the jacksons, since they're from the 'thriller/OTW' era.

yeah dude, my favorite songs are:

P.Y.T.
Baby Be Mine
Billie Jean
Don't stop till you get enough
rock with you
off the wall
i can't help it

followed closely by

human nature
wanna be startin somethin
lady of my life
workin' day and night

the only songs I don't like are 'the girl is mine (i love the Beatles, but MJ wrote a corny ass song here, the one Paul wrote for MJ " girlfriend" is way better imo)and 'it's the falling in love' but even those songs work great in context if you're listening to the whole album.

also, if i were you i'd cop the anniversary editions cause they have demos and outtakes from both albums that are really good like the billie jean demo, the song carousel, don't stop till you get enough demo and workin day and night demo.

i''ve been looking for the PYT demo on the internet and have yet to find it but I know it's on a MJ box set. but I don't wanna buy the box set for one friggin song.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 01:36:45 PM »
Dre doesn't give a fuck when you're from. All he cares bout is if the person he works with got talent. He said in a 96 interview that he would work with someone from Afghanistan if he thinks that person is dope. And he has always been that way. The D.O.C was from Texas right?
And the Lady of Rage was from the East Coast too.
No. Dre will only work for someone if they are marketbale and can make him money.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 01:37:45 PM »
Yup, that's why Eve is on aftermath and Lady of Rage isn't.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »
was on aftermath, whatever.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Blu Lacez

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »

-T

^^
Guess Dre figured she won't make him any money... ;D ;D ;D ;D

but Just for kicks i'd like to see what more she can offer on a Dre beat Lyrically speaking.....

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Screw Head Lifestylez
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2007, 06:13:51 PM »
Quote from: Westcoastfanatic
Dre doesn't give a fuck when you're from. All he cares bout is if the person he works with got talent. He said in a 96 interview that he would work with someone from Afghanistan if he thinks that person is dope. And he has always been that way. The D.O.C was from Texas right? And the Lady of Rage was from the East Coast too.

goddammit, yes. dre is so much more expansive than a coast-regional-title and has been for some time (reaching all the way back to the 80's-90's) -- but it seems like no one even paid attention to how expansive he was until the westcoast fell out of the mainstream tornado eye.

XaNdEr

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2007, 12:46:41 AM »

I've been bumpin' them nonstop and seriously, hot ass chicks have just been dancing with me because of it lately, it's gonna be a good summer....it's pretty dope.

also, just so you know...that's Paul Mccartney on the girl is mine, he also wrote the song 'girlfriend' on off the wall.

also, I've yet to find any MJ albums that I like NEARLY as much as thriller and off the wall. "Bad" would have been the shit if it was made in the late 70s or early 80s but it's 87 so it's really 80s crapped out. there's some dope songs, but almost none are dope in the way that 'thriller' and 'off the wall' are dope.

I got The Jacksons' "Destiny" album (MJ's familys group album that dropped right before off the wall) and it's cool but Quincy didn't produce it, some sick songs, some whatever songs. I've been on the lookout for 'victory' and'triumph' by the jacksons, since they're from the 'thriller/OTW' era.

P.Y.T.
Baby Be Mine
Billie Jean
rock with you
off the wall
i can't help it

followed closely by

human nature
lady of my life
workin' day and night

the only songs I don't like are 'the girl is mine (i love the Beatles, but MJ wrote a corny ass song here, the one Paul wrote for MJ " girlfriend" is way better imo)and 'it's the falling in love' but even those songs work great in context if you're listening to the whole album.

also, if i were you i'd cop the anniversary editions cause they have demos and outtakes from both albums that are really good like the billie jean demo, the song carousel, don't stop till you get enough demo and workin day and night demo.

i''ve been looking for the PYT demo on the internet and have yet to find it but I know it's on a MJ box set. but I don't wanna buy the box set for one friggin song.

-T

Yeah i know who Paul McCartney is, my dad always used to listen to him and i know some songs of him. I also know it was him on that track, but both albums are kinda short (only 9 or 10 tracks) maybe that is much better then these lang ass albums coming out nowadays with 21 tracks on it and 7 useless skits/interludes/etc. Older albums all have just quality music and that's it.

But yeah those 2 albums are really off the chain.  8)

The productions are really funky, like you said. It really sounds so smooth, kinda amazing when you're used to these recycled hiphop beats you hear nowadays, hehe.

Anyways what do you think of Paul McCartney's music? You like any albums?

MediumL

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2007, 12:52:01 AM »

-T

^^
Guess Dre figured she won't make him any money... ;D ;D ;D ;D

but Just for kicks i'd like to see what more she can offer on a Dre beat Lyrically speaking.....

Nah it was cause she wanted to do some Pop album and Dre wanted a gangster album so they parted ways.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2007, 02:33:32 AM »

P.Y.T.
Baby Be Mine
Billie Jean
rock with you
off the wall
i can't help it

followed closely by

human nature
lady of my life
workin' day and night

-T

Yeah i know who Paul McCartney is, my dad always used to listen to him and i know some songs of him. I also know it was him on that track, but both albums are kinda short (only 9 or 10 tracks) maybe that is much better then these lang ass albums coming out nowadays with 21 tracks on it and 7 useless skits/interludes/etc. Older albums all have just quality music and that's it.

But yeah those 2 albums are really off the chain.  8)

The productions are really funky, like you said. It really sounds so smooth, kinda amazing when you're used to these recycled hiphop beats you hear nowadays, hehe.

Anyways what do you think of Paul McCartney's music? You like any albums?

I'm such a big Beatles fan it's ridiculous. Paul Mccartney is my favorite bassist. I have most of their work from 1965 and after.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2007, 02:51:10 AM »
When Bishop Lamont makes an alum I'm sure Dre will be on it