Author Topic: Do different types of liquor have different effects?  (Read 520 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Do different types of liquor have different effects?
« on: June 12, 2007, 09:57:42 PM »
At one time, I thought all liquors were the same, just with different tastes and different processes...but the more I learn, I hear people say that different liquors have different effects on them....in particular, speaking of vodka, rum, tequilla, gin, whiskey, grain, brandy, and whatever kinds of wine.

I have only been drinkin for about two years or so, and I'm still not a "drinker" per say...just a social one really. I usually have drinks mixed with vodka, clear rum, tequilla, sometimes gin, grain, and every once in a while, dark rum and whiskey. From what I have heard, people have said that tequilla made them act craziest. I really can't judge the difference, aside from the quality...and it seems like higher quality gives me less of a hangover, if one at all, and I usually don't have to piss as much...and for some strange reason, rum usually messes with my stomach, even if I eat right before I drink.

So from your experiences and observations, what make these all different?

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Do different types of liquor have different effects?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:06:58 PM »
When i drink clear shit like vodka bacardi its a much more cleaner buzz. when that henn or the crown come out i get into a hyphy crazy ready to ride on someone type of buzz. Patron silver which is clear also gets me into a crazy mood.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 12:18:53 AM »
Man I don't really know.  Obviously if you're drinkin beer vs. liquor thats one thing, if you're takin shots vs. mixing drinks thats another thing.  I don't know.  After I've been drinkin anything for a while I just know I'm fucked up and thats about it.  I've been drunk hundreds of times and couldn't really differentiate one drunk from another to be honest.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 12:21:07 AM »
I want to try that new shit from J-Z(aces of spades). 8)

Chief

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 03:47:57 AM »
yeah man for sure, different liquors do different shit.. hit's you different and sits different.

i found dark rum is the most violent alcohol, all that sugar makes people go nuts.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 05:57:31 AM »
vodka makes me puke...tequila makes me puke...rum makes me puke

shit..every liqour if ii'd had enough of it makes me puke =/.

Tequila's the shit thought!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 06:14:59 AM »
Well, for one, the quality of Vodka will give you different effects. The shittier and the cheaper the Vodka you drink, the more likely you are to have a nasty hangover. And from personal experience Tequila is a very dangerous drink, lol.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 09:33:53 AM »
Darker coloured drinks like brandy will give worse hangovers than lighter drinks say vodka because they have more congeners.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 09:54:42 AM »
rum,beer,wine - when im chillin

tequila, vodka, bacardi razz - when im partyin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 11:42:48 AM »
Man I don't really know.  Obviously if you're drinkin beer vs. liquor thats one thing, if you're takin shots vs. mixing drinks thats another thing.  I don't know.  After I've been drinkin anything for a while I just know I'm fucked up and thats about it.  I've been drunk hundreds of times and couldn't really differentiate one drunk from another to be honest.

Are you fucking serious? LOL.

Every brand of liquor has a noticeably different effect. Drink some Jack one night, and Courvoisier the next night, and you'll notice a HUGE difference...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 04:38:16 PM »

Are you fucking serious? LOL.

Every brand of liquor has a noticeably different effect. Drink some Jack one night, and Courvoisier the next night, and you'll notice a HUGE difference...PeACe

Dog, don't even try to talk to me about drinking.  I guarantee that you've drank a fraction of the amount of alcohol that I have in my lifetime.  I'm not trying to act cool, I'm just saying that I've drank it all and mostly still do today.  From 1/2 gallon of $9 Heaven Hill Vodka to Cris.  For me, the only noticeable difference is like I said - the way i ingest it, the obvious differences between beer & liquor, the way I feel the next day, and of course what I might mix/chase with.

If I shoot half a 1/5 of SoCo I'm equally as jacked as if I was shooting vodka or tequila. 

I used to stick exclusively to one type a drink a night, but nowadays I get way too bored with pounding the same drink all night.  For instance, last night I went out and here's what I drank:  2 Smithwick pints, Crown & Water, Amstel Light, Stella Artois, Bombay Saphire & Tonic, 20 oz. Bud Light. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 04:44:11 PM »
^^I'm not comparing our drinking, I only drink about 2-3 times a week, but you're a pretty weaksauce drinker if you can't differentiate effects off of different types of liquor you ingest...It's like not noticing the difference between different types of weed you blaze. Then again, I've known smokers like that too...

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 05:48:40 PM »
This is like asking do different types of pills have different effects.

The nice answer is, yes they do.
NO MORE WAR

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 06:41:04 PM »
You wanna feel some weird effects..try some absinthe. I drink 2-3 time a week also. Mostly in a social setting like at trendy bars and clubs. I find one of the cleanest drinks is a good vodka but when mixed the sugar can give you a nasty hangover. Try some Jagerbombs aswell. You get so hyper.

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »
last time i drank beefeater i took a shit in the steps front of my house