Author Topic: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound  (Read 1098 times)

XaNdEr

Re: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 12:21:17 AM »
Lol yeah, he should put some more effort in his lyrics, then he would be much doper.

We Fly High

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 12:36:49 AM »
Roscoe ghostwrote Diddys verse on "Craccin All Night", I used to have the mp3 with Roscoe spitting it as a reference.. but stupid me i reformatted my computer and lost it.

and they kinda tweaked the beat for Keep It Gangsta.. initial versions of the song had much more bass and it hit much heavier.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 07:41:49 AM »
Ne Body got this track?????? ;D ;D

d-nice

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 07:47:02 AM »
Man I am telling yall, the Soopafly songs on CIA BANG in the ride. Those songs boom in a system, so does It's All Hood

I thought Battlecats beats were tight too even though he got alot of hate when the album dropped, another thing xcept for the Diddy track where Kurupt spits the worse verse in the history of hiphop he rips most of the tracks, I guarantee take that track off the album and everybody would be saying how nice Kurupt was on the album

Yeah the Battlecat beats were good, not his usual heat that he drops for beats but they were good.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 08:13:12 AM »
Man I am telling yall, the Soopafly songs on CIA BANG in the ride. Those songs boom in a system, so does It's All Hood

I thought Battlecats beats were tight too even though he got alot of hate when the album dropped, another thing xcept for the Diddy track where Kurupt spits the worse verse in the history of hiphop he rips most of the tracks, I guarantee take that track off the album and everybody would be saying how nice Kurupt was on the album

Yeah the Battlecat beats were good, not his usual heat that he drops for beats but they were good.

no doubt, forgot who did it but I'm digging the Kushn N Pushn beat too

d-nice

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 08:24:49 AM »
LT Moe did the beat. Yeah that was a nice one also. I ended up adding a bonus disc to the album with the cuts that did not make the cut and they make the album much better for me.

XaNdEr

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 08:54:49 AM »
The album, on its own is pretty good though, i loved the 16 tracks that were on the regular disc.  8)

d-nice

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2007, 09:01:17 AM »
The album, on its own is pretty good though, i loved the 16 tracks that were on the regular disc.  8)

Yeah it's cool. Not what I was expecting but that is not always a bad thing.

XaNdEr

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2007, 09:02:54 AM »
Yeah i think that's why alotta people dislike it, cause it didn't live up to their expectations and stuff. I think they expected some other Dillinger & Young Gotti with traditional productions and stuff, but it turned out to be a more "commercial" album but that's not bad in my opinion.

I really listen to this album back to forth, only weak song is the Paul Wall song like someone said already.

d-nice

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »
Yeah i think that's why alotta people dislike it, cause it didn't live up to their expectations and stuff. I think they expected some other Dillinger & Young Gotti with traditional productions and stuff, but it turned out to be a more "commercial" album but that's not bad in my opinion.

I really listen to this album back to forth, only weak song is the Paul Wall song like someone said already.

My beef with the album was Kurupt came weak on some tracks. A couple of weak tracks but not bad overall.

XaNdEr

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:10 AM »
sdds just wasn't melodic/funky enough for me. they were on that dark assassin tip, i like dogg chit and cia better. but sdds has a few stand outs

-T

I like that more then Funk, so to me SDDS is a dope record.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 11:43:45 AM »
Ne Body got this track?????? ;D ;D

^^
Anybody got this trak on mp3????

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2007, 02:00:42 AM »

stuff like this makes me believe newer DP fans see it different.

cause to old DP fans like myself....DYG1 is NOT traditional production, and that's why it's so dope. I think it's the newer fans expectations that ain't met. old fans like d nice, higheyecue and myself seem to like alot of these records just fine. but that's just a thought

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

XaNdEr

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2007, 02:59:09 AM »

stuff like this makes me believe newer DP fans see it different.

cause to old DP fans like myself....DYG1 is NOT traditional production, and that's why it's so dope. I think it's the newer fans expectations that ain't met. old fans like d nice, higheyecue and myself seem to like alot of these records just fine. but that's just a thought

-T

I'm a newer DPG-fan myself, but i like almost their whole catalogue, some people don;t like to see mainstream records though, so they start to hate on albums like Cali Iz Active from underground groups/rappers who have some help of mainstream producers/rappers. You gotta listen objectively though.  8)

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 06:10:57 AM »
I can appreciate all of the different styles DPG has rocked over the years. I prefer the traditional Daz production when it is on point but you can't deny D&YG with Mike Dean. Those beats were something else. Same with Soopafly and Fred Wreck beats. I liked CIA, I can listen to it, but for me Kurupt's rhymes were weak at best and some of the production did not fit them well. I thought Snoop was killing the mic on that album and Daz had some dope rhymes as well. But the highlight for me beat wise was the Soopafly beats.