Author Topic: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound  (Read 1103 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: Keep It Gangsta - Tha Dogg Pound
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 06:44:05 AM »
I'm feeling that track "Don't Sweat It" with RBX and Snoop doing the hook, cold ass beat and Daz, RBX and Kurupt all rip it but it says featuring Nate is he doing background vocals, I remember when I first got the album and thought Cube was gonna drop a verse and they just sampled his voice :(

XaNdEr

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
Yeah big disappointment, Cube is just sampled i thought he spit on that track to so i was like "wtf" when i didn't hear him.

As for that other track Nate is on the background singin' "waaaahooooo" but nothing more then that. Lol.

d-nice

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 06:48:59 AM »
I'm feeling that track "Don't Sweat It" with RBX and Snoop doing the hook, cold ass beat and Daz, RBX and Kurupt all rip it but it says featuring Nate is he doing background vocals, I remember when I first got the album and thought Cube was gonna drop a verse and they just sampled his voice :(

Don't Sweat It has some serious bass to it, I liked that track also. Yeah It's All Hood would have been dope if they added Cube on a verse, being he has never done a track with Tha Dogg Pound. But even with the sample it bangs. Snoop killed his verse on there.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2007, 06:55:19 AM »
Yeah big disappointment, Cube is just sampled i thought he spit on that track to so i was like "wtf" when i didn't hear him.

As for that other track Nate is on the background singin' "waaaahooooo" but nothing more then that. Lol.

LOL so that is Nate, damn tight track though

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2007, 07:02:54 AM »

Don't Sweat It has some serious bass to it, I liked that track also. Yeah It's All Hood would have been dope if they added Cube on a verse, being he has never done a track with Tha Dogg Pound. But even with the sample it bangs. Snoop killed his verse on there.

liked both those tracks, yeah Snoop was is in top form I though throughout, not really feeling the Paul Wall, Banner and Jazzy Pha joints not saying they are wack but I don't think DPG meshed that well over these southern beats but overall I underrated this album, of the 16 joints maybe 4 or 5 I don't like which is alot better than when I first heard the album a year ago

d-nice

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2007, 09:24:30 AM »

liked both those tracks, yeah Snoop was is in top form I though throughout, not really feeling the Paul Wall, Banner and Jazzy Pha joints not saying they are wack but I don't think DPG meshed that well over these southern beats but overall I underrated this album, of the 16 joints maybe 4 or 5 I don't like which is alot better than when I first heard the album a year ago

Yeah I bump it from time to time. I thought they had of potential singles that they did not drop on that album, especially Sittin On 23z and even though Cube just had a hookon It's All Hood, I thought with Cube dropping a album around the same time they could have capitalize off of that.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

Yeah I bump it from time to time. I thought they had of potential singles that they did not drop on that album, especially Sittin On 23z and even though Cube just had a hookon It's All Hood, I thought with Cube dropping a album around the same time they could have capitalize off of that.

Sittin On 23z would've been a great single, don't know why they didn't drop it , SDDS only had one video too while Dogg Chit has had 4 videos already but hasn't really helped the sales, weird that D&YG 2 has sold more than 113,000 and I don't think any of these other albums have come close to that

d-nice

« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »
I know CIA did about 100k. Dogg Chit really has had only 1 official single on MTV/BET for Vibe and the rest have been Youtube videos.  I hear Vibe every once and a while on the radio out here in Vegas and they were playing the hell out of Cali Iz Active when it first came out. I always thought Sittin On 23z would have been the perfect single to drop. Houston rappers capitalized on that whole candy paint, and rims and low riding back then so I thought as long as they got it on the radio and did a dope video for it, it would have blown up but it did not happen.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2007, 11:27:04 AM »
I doubt Dogg Chit is getting another single being that Daz album will be out in August, I think it dropped out of the charts after around 20k, a big dissapointment after their last 2 albums sold over 100k

d-nice

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007, 11:30:44 AM »
I doubt Dogg Chit is getting another single being that Daz album will be out in August, I think it dropped out of the charts after around 20k, a big dissapointment after their last 2 albums sold over 100k

Yeah but the last 2 had more hype surrounding them. D&YGII was the reunion album and CIA was backed by Snoop. DC they did not even start promotion until after it dropped, but sales or no sales I enjoy the album.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007, 11:46:56 AM »

Yeah but the last 2 had more hype surrounding them. D&YGII was the reunion album and CIA was backed by Snoop. DC they did not even start promotion until after it dropped, but sales or no sales I enjoy the album.

I like it but I think that Daz took a step back from his production on D&YGII and SDDS which I thought was his best work in years, hopefully their next album maybe have a couple of more Soopafly beats, wouldn't mind some Fred Wreck but I doubt that will happen, it will probably be mostly Daz and Ivan Johnson, hopefully they come through

d-nice

« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:05 PM »

I like it but I think that Daz took a step back from his production on D&YGII and SDDS which I thought was his best work in years, hopefully their next album maybe have a couple of more Soopafly beats, wouldn't mind some Fred Wreck but I doubt that will happen, it will probably be mostly Daz and Ivan Johnson, hopefully they come through

Daz needs to work on his mixing and mastering. It has been hit and miss. SDDS and D&YGII had good mixing. Bangin Westcoast and DC- no. Yeah we have not had some Fred Wreck on DPG stuff in a minute.