Author Topic: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq  (Read 3821 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2007, 10:28:32 AM »
i certainly don't agree with his blind analysis. but what you can't deny is that when the offense ran through shaq with kobe as the SIDEKICK, the lakers won more. shaq was still the biggest asset in the league. i'm still pissed we traded away potentially 2 championships. that's a fan, someone who can critique the downfall of a dynasty because of his disgust.

That's why the Lakers only won a game when KOBE had an amazing performance, huh?  Dude, you already admitted that your love for Shaq goes beyond your love for the Lakers...If Kobe left the Lakers, I wouldn't give a SHIT about him. In fact, I would hope he fails wherever he went...That's the difference between me, a real Laker fan, and you, a Shaq fan...People can see this, bro...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »
Shaq goes for under 10 rebounds in 3/5 Finals games...And you're telling me this is not a Shaq falling out of his prime, ready to hand the torch over to the next best thing? LMAO! Shaq was stubborn. Jake is stubborn. He will never be a Laker fan like he once was unless Shaq is traded back here...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
i think don jacob is guilty of the same thing kobe is. he just wants to win and knows that when the lakers traded shaq away they compromised winning championships. we ALL know kobe aint shit in the west witout another superstar caliber player
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2007, 10:48:59 AM »
i think don jacob is guilty of the same thing kobe is. he just wants to win and knows that when the lakers traded shaq away they compromised winning championships. we ALL know kobe aint shit in the west witout another superstar caliber player

But who is?

Signing Shaq to his ludicrous demands ($30,000,000 a year) woulda left us handicapped with no money to re-sign Kobe...SHAQ ruined this franchise, it's in BOOKS, but Jake loves Shaq too much, so he overlooks what went down...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2007, 10:54:32 AM »
why can't the lakers play a lil luxury tax? apparently they are the biggest team in the 2nd largest media market in the country

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
why can't the lakers play a lil luxury tax? apparently they are the biggest team in the 2nd largest media market in the country

Lakers have paid the tax when it was needed...It wouldn't have made a difference in '04...A way out-of-prime Shaq wanted $30 mill and that woulda' restricted a big contract for Kobe, who said he was opting out a year in advance. Do you think Shaq in 2004 deserved 30 mill a year? LMAO. NO ONE IN BASKETBALL GETS PAID THAT MUCH!...PeACe

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2007, 11:11:03 AM »
No i do not think shaq is worth 30 mill a year. im talking about right now the lakers signing guys and pay a lil luxury tax

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »
KG can only opt out NEXT year. :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2007, 12:31:37 PM »
Looking back, Kobe did take some awful shots in Game 2...

I'd love to see that series again.

Give Kobe the offense, and that's what he'd be doing the whole series...

lol he had the offense he shot FAR FAR more than shaq did

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2007, 12:38:33 PM »

Kobe wasn't ALLOWED to have a vintage Kobe series...After his amazing performance in Game 2, he only had 13 attempts in Game 3!!! If the Lakers were running under Kobe, NO WAY that happens..

shaq/or the other lakers for that matter weren't allowed to have a vintage lakers series....larry brown was one step ahead of everyone with his defense.....you can't say kobe wasn't heading the offense when everyone else had 4-5 shots and shaq had like what 10/11 in that same game 3.....you're giving shaq too much negative credit and the pistons not enough positive credit. face it kobe HAD the offense, and coudln't pull throug.

even if he wasn't averaging 38 points and 16 rebounds.....he would have if the lakers were ABLE to get clear passing lanes to him

LMAO!

how is that funny when he was grabbing over or near 30 points in many of those games. situation determines behavior. notice that kobe's number dipped in the same games shaq's did as well. detroit defense right there. detroit put a dam on the passing lanes inside which eliminated shaq and malone down low, which forced the lakers to take wild out side shots....in particularly kobe. larry brown knew what he was doing, he knew the lakers couldn't win the series with kobe jacking up shots. eliminate shaq from the offense by cutting off all routes leading to him and the pistons gain the leverage.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »
Looking back, Kobe did take some awful shots in Game 2...

I'd love to see that series again.

Give Kobe the offense, and that's what he'd be doing the whole series...

lol he had the offense he shot FAR FAR more than shaq did

Yes...Kobe had the offense. ::) That's why he took less attempts than Shaq a game after his remarkable performance to save the Lakers, right? WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, SHAQ HAD CONTROL. You obviously didn't read Phil Jackson's "Last Season"...I don't even have to ask you, because it's self-evident based on the shit you're saying. Shaq was incapable of finding openings and dominating the center. He shot less, yet the offense was running through him. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING, JAKE.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2007, 12:42:51 PM »

Kobe wasn't ALLOWED to have a vintage Kobe series...After his amazing performance in Game 2, he only had 13 attempts in Game 3!!! If the Lakers were running under Kobe, NO WAY that happens..

shaq/or the other lakers for that matter weren't allowed to have a vintage lakers series....larry brown was one step ahead of everyone with his defense.....you can't say kobe wasn't heading the offense when everyone else had 4-5 shots and shaq had like what 10/11 in that same game 3.....you're giving shaq too much negative credit and the pistons not enough positive credit. face it kobe HAD the offense, and coudln't pull throug.

even if he wasn't averaging 38 points and 16 rebounds.....he would have if the lakers were ABLE to get clear passing lanes to him

LMAO!

how is that funny when he was grabbing over or near 30 points in many of those games. situation determines behavior. notice that kobe's number dipped in the same games shaq's did as well. detroit defense right there. detroit put a dam on the passing lanes inside which eliminated shaq and malone down low, which forced the lakers to take wild out side shots....in particularly kobe. larry brown knew what he was doing, he knew the lakers couldn't win the series with kobe jacking up shots. eliminate shaq from the offense by cutting off all routes leading to him and the pistons gain the leverage.

Dude. Shaq couldn't average 16 rebounds in that series if his life depnded on it...LOL.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »

That
's why the Lakers only won a game when KOBE had an amazing performance, huh?  

you pretend like kobe did it all himself that game, go back to my articles and it clearly shows that shaq got the lakers a three point play in the fourth and overtime play to make it even POSSIBLE for the kobe 3 a possibility.

Dude, you already admitted that your love for Shaq goes beyond your love for the Lakers...

when have i ever said that? it's more true for me to say you like kobe more than i like shaq, and it's even more fair for me to say that your love for kobe in relation to the lakers far exudes my admiration for shaq's time in la in realtion to the organization. it'd be one thing if i became a laker fan when shaq joined the club, but i was a laker fan when sam perkins and vlade divac were our big men. that's why i'm still tyring to see a day when the lakers when, i'm not out rooting for the spurs/mavericks/suns/ect.  your argument is invalid here.

If Kobe left the Lakers, I wouldn't give a SHIT about him. In fact, I would hope he fails wherever he went...That's the difference between me, a real Laker fan, and you, a Shaq fan...People can see this, bro...PeACe

yeah right we'll see, lol we'll see...

the very fact that you're still in kobe's corner after all his shenanigans tells me you'll still be in his corner when he's playing for the knicks or bucks or wherever he goes.

you know what i'll be nice too when that day comes and kobe is no longer on the lakers. because you do know it's possible to have a favorite player from a different team right ,lol? there's nothing sacreligious about it. in the 80's my favorite nba player was magic , then after he retired my favorite player became grand ma ma ... i mean larry johnson.... then shaqc....then one day in 96' my favorite player was on my favorite team....that shit was tight. now my favorite player plays on the heat....wish he still played on my favorite team. when shaq retires my favorite player will probably be carmelo anthony, maybe lamar odom  that's my second and third favorite players as of right now.only one of them is a laker, but so what if he's not after next season i like the way they play, they remind me of how i played.

in football my favorite players don't play on the cowboys or the raiders, even though we got one of the best wr's  and one of the best up and coming qb's and best defenses (combined). my favorite players play in different conferences on other teams  MILES away from oakland and dallas. lol true story

my favorite baseball player never played for the dodgers or angels, infact he use to play for a division rival for the angels and was compared to the biggest villian in recent dodger history (barry bonds)....ken griffy jr. so what , does that make me any less of a dodger.angel fan

NIK quit being so childish

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »

LMAO!

Dude. Shaq couldn't average 16 rebounds in that series if his life depnded on it...LOL.

dude. dennis rodman couldn't average 16 rebounds in that series if his lfie depended on it....detroit had the golden game plan that year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »

That
's why the Lakers only won a game when KOBE had an amazing performance, huh?  

you pretend like kobe did it all himself that game, go back to my articles and it clearly shows that shaq got the lakers a three point play in the fourth and overtime play to make it even POSSIBLE for the kobe 3 a possibility.

Dude, you already admitted that your love for Shaq goes beyond your love for the Lakers...

when have i ever said that? it's more true for me to say you like kobe more than i like shaq, and it's even more fair for me to say that your love for kobe in relation to the lakers far exudes my admiration for shaq's time in la in realtion to the organization. it'd be one thing if i became a laker fan when shaq joined the club, but i was a laker fan when sam perkins and vlade divac were our big men. that's why i'm still tyring to see a day when the lakers when, i'm not out rooting for the spurs/mavericks/suns/ect.  your argument is invalid here.

If Kobe left the Lakers, I wouldn't give a SHIT about him. In fact, I would hope he fails wherever he went...That's the difference between me, a real Laker fan, and you, a Shaq fan...People can see this, bro...PeACe

yeah right we'll see, lol we'll see...

the very fact that you're still in kobe's corner after all his shenanigans tells me you'll still be in his corner when he's playing for the knicks or bucks or wherever he goes.

you know what i'll be nice too when that day comes and kobe is no longer on the lakers. because you do know it's possible to have a favorite player from a different team right ,lol? there's nothing sacreligious about it. in the 80's my favorite nba player was magic , then after he retired my favorite player became grand ma ma ... i mean larry johnson.... then shaqc....then one day in 96' my favorite player was on my favorite team....that shit was tight. now my favorite player plays on the heat....wish he still played on my favorite team. when shaq retires my favorite player will probably be carmelo anthony, maybe lamar odom  that's my second and third favorite players as of right now.only one of them is a laker, but so what if he's not after next season i like the way they play, they remind me of how i played.

in football my favorite players don't play on the cowboys or the raiders, even though we got one of the best wr's  and one of the best up and coming qb's and best defenses (combined). my favorite players play in different conferences on other teams  MILES away from oakland and dallas. lol true story

my favorite baseball player never played for the dodgers or angels, infact he use to play for a division rival for the angels and was compared to the biggest villian in recent dodger history (barry bonds)....ken griffy jr. so what , does that make me any less of a dodger.angel fan

NIK quit being so childish

^^If Kobe wasn't on the Lakers, he wouldn't be my favorite player. Unlike you, people don't doubt my Laker fan status...That's all there is to it.