Author Topic: The wire  (Read 3859 times)

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The wire
« on: June 16, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »
So whats this show all about??

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: The wire
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 08:03:42 AM »
In my opinion - and many people share my opinion - this is the best series on television. Each season focusses on a different element of what goes on in Baltimore, MD. What makes this show so good/interesting is that it shows you how BOTH sides work: the law enforcement AND the 'criminals', unlike most series who just show one side of the picture.
Also, The Wire is known for its realism. It's shot on location in Baltimore (e.g.: they film in the real Baltimore projects) and the writers on the show live/have lived or work/have worked there (cops, journalists, writers, ...).

Quality TV, that's what it boils down to.

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:12:45 PM »
yup the best series on tv by far. got all 3 seasons on dvd. waiting for 4.  You have to be patient to watch this though. Its not all action like The Shield or something, but its not unrealistic like the shield either. I like how they explore b oth perspectives from the criminals and the cops. Season 1 talked about the drug trade in the proejcts. Season 2 talked about the traffickin through the harbors (human and drugs). Season 3 went back into the streets. Season 4 tied Season 2 back into the equation and explored the flow of the product from the guys up top, to the dealers in the streets, and also explored the failure of the education system. but the thing with this, is that you have to watch all the entire season and series in order. You cant just watch random episodes at a time. And recently I remember in season 4 there was one quote made by someone, that tied back to a conversation in season 1, so you really have to be up on everything in the show.

rik

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 10:51:22 PM »
Great fuckin' show. After the way The Sopranos went out, I can easily say The Wire>The Sopranos.

We Fly High

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »
Great fuckin' show. After the way The Sopranos went out, I can easily say The Wire>The Sopranos.

yup what ive been saying from day 1. The Wire Season 4 > than any sopranos season except for 1. The writing and storytelling for the Wire is just ridiculous.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 01:55:45 PM »
anyone have a link for this show i can start watching from season 1??

WC Iz Active

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »
LOL Im just getting into The Wire and its dope but The Sopranos changed television forever.  not even a comparison.

I will say it again,

The Sopranos>>>>Insert Here

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »
fuckin good show but nothing will amount to the sopranos.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »
fuckin good show but nothing will amount to the sopranos.

yeah no doubt.  Its just that Sopranos was so amazing and so groundbreaking and by far the best series in tv history that it attracted some hate just like the best things always do.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 05:13:06 PM »
LOL Im just getting into The Wire and its dope but The Sopranos changed television forever.  not even a comparison.

I will say it again,

besides entourage then again 2 different things you cant compare a feel good comedy with a drama imo.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:43:22 PM »

I will say it again,

What exactly is different about television as a whole since Sopranos came and went? How exactly has it changed? I hate claims like that. Survivor did ten times more to change TV than Sopranos ever will but it's not better than Sopranos. Oz did more for graphic television than Sopranos but it isn't better either. The Wire isn't changing TV. The Wire is setting a bar for TV to reach. A bar that Sopranos falls short of reaching.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
oz was a great show aswell

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 11:27:59 AM »
^^^^ The 6th familly implying Montreal correct?  Where can i get this book?

SGV

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
OZ was the shit.

IMO, Sopranos was a great show. But, a show like The Wire really captures a person from the get go. There's so much diversity to it. It rarely deals with the same shit more than once.

I got into the Wire during Season 4. After watching Season 4 and not knowing what's really going on, I copped all the prior seasons. Watched them in like a month and I've been hooked ever since.

Raphael

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 03:26:09 AM »

I got into the Wire during Season 4. After watching Season 4 and not knowing what's really going on, I copped all the prior seasons. Watched them in like a month and I've been hooked ever since.
same here but i haven't copped season 2 and 3 yet.