Author Topic: Celtics in talks for a Garnett trade  (Read 825 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Celtics in talks for a Garnett trade
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 01:45:02 AM »
Everyone is expecting the Wolves to trade KG RIGHT AWAY. It's not happening folks. I've been trying to tell you guys. Don't expect anything to happen AT ALL until the trade deadline. Even then, the Wolves might just let his ass go with nothing in return.

You can pretty much expect KG to go to the eastern conference or Phoenix when the time comes though. The Wolves want him in the east if he is gonna be traded for obvious reasons or if he goes to the Suns, you can bet that the Wolves will get Amare or Marion plus a pick and/or another player. Besides, to you Laker fans, would you want a guy on your team that has the option to say fuck yall in the off chance things don't pan out? You can have all the expectations in the world, but if things turn out anything like this previous season, you might as well say bye-bye to the trade you have waited 11 seasons for.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 02:20:06 AM »
What a fuckin looser.

He's not a looser. He joined the Wolves and, since they coverd him with big money (he has the best contract in the NBA), he doesn't want to disrespect the organization. He's a President, there in Minny. He does whatever the fuck he wants to do. Ok, he won't get a ring, but he already won an MVP throphy, and some medals with the U.S. National Team. Maybe it's enought, for him. Or maybe he'll do a Karl Malone type of move when he'll be 35, like you said.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 11:00:14 AM »
What a fuckin looser.

He's not a looser. He joined the Wolves and, since they coverd him with big money (he has the best contract in the NBA), he doesn't want to disrespect the organization. He's a President, there in Minny. He does whatever the fuck he wants to do. Ok, he won't get a ring, but he already won an MVP throphy, and some medals with the U.S. National Team. Maybe it's enought, for him. Or maybe he'll do a Karl Malone type of move when he'll be 35, like you said.

He is a loser. He seems to be perfectly fine with rotting on this dead beat team. I'm not suggesting that he pulls a Kobe but my God, do something. He see's the front office isn't doing much to make this team better. Yeah he has an MVP trophy but at the end of the day championships are everything. Not winning a championship is bad enough but he's not even in the position where he can contend for one.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 12:02:47 PM »
What a fuckin looser. He's happy about the addition of Juwan Howard?!

This is how Antonio wants Kobe to be. :laugh:

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »
What a fuckin looser.

Kobe's win-at-all-costs attitude >>> KG's who-gives-a-fuck-if-I-lose attitude. 8)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 04:29:03 PM »
KG is rich beyond anyone on this board's wildest dreams. He has endorsement deals, a very comfortable life, and everyone loves him. Aside from having a ring, which he should have gotten in 03-04, he doesn't need anything else. Garnett is about respect, not about how many championships he has under his belt. And you guys can't seriously say he isn't one of the best forwards in the game right now, and probably one of the best in history just because he doesn't have a ring. You'd be lying if you said that.

wcsoldier

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »
^^^^^ the ultimate goal when you play in the NBA is to get a ring.... a lot of players are wealthy but a few got a ring or more... if Garnett is happy with his situation, he's not a winner imo

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2007, 12:41:50 AM »
I don't think KG gives two shits about anyones opinions at all. He goes out and plays as hard as he can every night. As much as it pains me to say it, I believe he should be traded so he can win a ring, but whether or not it happens, and especially whether or not you think he is a winner, he will still go down in history as one of the greatest forwards in the game.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 02:33:46 AM »
KG is rich beyond anyone on this board's wildest dreams. He has endorsement deals, a very comfortable life, and everyone loves him. Aside from having a ring, which he should have gotten in 03-04, he doesn't need anything else. Garnett is about respect, not about how many championships he has under his belt. And you guys can't seriously say he isn't one of the best forwards in the game right now, and probably one of the best in history just because he doesn't have a ring. You'd be lying if you said that.

That's what i'm saying. Dude feels good. He'll probably do a Karl Malone move with a big paycut later in his career.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:35:18 AM by Antonio »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 06:38:43 AM »
He's scared.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rik

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »
What a fuckin looser.

Kobe's win-at-all-costs attitude >>> KG's who-gives-a-fuck-if-I-lose attitude. 8)

KG being a man and honoring his contract >>> Kobe acting and crying like a little bitch

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2007, 12:09:21 PM »
The trade offer was something along the lines of Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, and their pick for Garnett. :-X

They'd be dumb to take that over Odom and Bynum...PeACe

Jefferson's upside is much higher, he's gonna be a star next season and for years to come. Odom's only got about 2-3 good yrs left in him, it'll take Bynum another year or 2, and Gerald Green will turn into a big 3 point threat. Your post is b/s because Telfair isn't a part of the Celtics organization anyways.

But Jefferson,Green>Odom,Bynum

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2007, 12:14:17 PM »
The trade offer was something along the lines of Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, and their pick for Garnett. :-X

Jefferson's upside is much higher, he's gonna be a star next season and for years to come. Odom's only got about 2-3 good yrs left in him, it'll take Bynum another year or 2, and Gerald Green will turn into a big 3 point threat. Your post is b/s because Telfair isn't a part of the Celtics organization anyways.

Odom easily has 5 good years ahead of him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2007, 12:30:06 PM »
What a fuckin looser.

KG being a man and honoring his contract >>> Kobe acting and crying like a little bitch

Really? KG being fine with losing is better than Kobe NOT being fine with losing? I guess we share opposite mind-states...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »

WTF? Sebastian Telfair isn't part of the Celtics? Odom has 2 good years left in him? Jefferson+Green>Odom+Bynum? LMFAO!