Author Topic: Pharoahe Monch's Long Awaited Sophomore Solo Album Desire In Stores  (Read 46 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Acclaimed rapper Pharoahe Monch releases his highly anticipated sophomore album Desire (SRC/Universal Motown) today, June 26, 2007. Newest single "Body Baby" begins to heat up.

The alterna-hop "Body Baby," which The Fader magazine labels "a stomping, juke joint-styled rock-n-b number," takes hip-hop to another level, following in the footsteps of boundary-busting smashes such as OutKast's "Hey Ya' and Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." The video is a raucous hip-hop send-up of the King...the King meaning Elvis, of course!

"I’ve never been so free with my creativity before," says Pharoahe Monch about his new album. "I’m excited about this project because everything feels so fresh, almost as if I were a new artist. I’m taking it to whole new places, hip-hop, rock, gospel. It’s all there and it’s all sides of me."

"Body Baby" is just the tip of the iceberg of creativity for Monch. Also featured on Desire is "Gun Draws," a graphic account of violence told from the bullet's point of view. Spin raves that the track shows why Monch is "nearly unparalleled in diction and creativity." The hard-hitting first single "Push" showcased Monch as a "lyrical juggernaut" (XXL). XXL says the album "delivers yet another reason for fans to get up."

Fans can jam along to "Body Baby" on Friday June 29th at the Highline Ballroom in New York and more at the hip-hop festival Rock The Bells. Pharoahe Monch will perform alongside Rage Against The Machine, The Roots, Public Enemy, Wu Tang, Nas, and more on July 28th & July 29th in New York City, August 11th in San Bernardino, CA, and August 18th in San Francisco, CA (more dates in Boston, Miami, Dallas, Denver, Chicago, and Toronto).

Pharoahe Monch has earned a reputation as one of hip-hop’s most gifted lyricists, tackling real issues with a "full, flawless voice" (Spin), from his pioneering work as one half of the critically acclaimed alternative hip-hop duo Organized Konfusion to his much-hyped solo debut in 1999. Since his debut, Pharoahe has collaborated with hip-hop’s greatest and spit alongside a cast of artists as diverse as Mos Def, Justin Timberlake, P. Diddy, Linkin Park, Eminem, Wyclef Jean, and Macy Gray. He returns to the forefront of the music scene with his new album Desire in stores June 26, 2007.

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com