Author Topic: Anyone on Dubcc Listen To Talk Radio?  (Read 214 times)

StevenQBosell

Anyone on Dubcc Listen To Talk Radio?
« on: June 27, 2007, 02:51:12 PM »
Anyone on Dubcc listen to talk radio?

Me myself I listen to a lot of the "progressive" stuff, although sometimes I'll listen to Hannity or Limbaugh for about at work, to hear what nonsense they're spewing.

Here in Los Angeles, I particularly like a guy named Marc Germain, also known as Mr. KFI and Mr. KABC. He's on 1150 KTLK.

On a whole other level there's a show called CoastToCoastAm (www.coasttocoastam.com).

One of my all time favorite talk shows. They talk about ghost stories, alien abductions, conspiracies, all sorts of stuff...

Anybody here listen to talk radio?

We Fly High

Re: Anyone on Dubcc Listen To Talk Radio?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »
going to soon. my pops used to listen to it a lot, so im used to it.. but with all the crap on regular radio right now, talk radio seems much more interesting.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:59:53 PM »
I don't listen to the political bullshit talk radio.  I like the comedy style talk radio.  www.monsters.fm

StevenQBosell

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:02:15 PM »
going to soon. my pops used to listen to it a lot, so im used to it.. but with all the crap on regular radio right now, talk radio seems much more interesting.

That in particular is why am talk radio is the only form of radio I listen to. When I was 8 and 9 I used to hang out with my aunt an awful lot. She never listened to music radio, she only listened to talk radio. So for a minute, I mainly listened to talk radio. I was making my own mp3s of talk radio shows, and I can guarantee you I was the only kid back in 1998 who would burn cds of "Bitchez Aint Shit," BIGs Gimme Da Loot, NWA's Gangsta, Gangsta, and a lenghty discussion regarding the merits of the N.A.F.T.A. agreement...

So yeah, I may be a weirdo, but talk radio is so much more mentally stimualting than bullshit mainstream FM radio stations.

And fuck it, not just political talk radio, theres all sorts of shit out there... Check the AM stations there's some very cool shit on the AM band.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:13:41 PM »
just sports talk
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:30:08 PM »
just sports talk

Totally forgot about sportstalk, sportstalk rocks, I personally like ESPN over Sporting News, but don't listen regularly enough to know eveyone.

We also have 570 down here in L.A. home of Jim Rome, He's cool, but sometimes he REALLY gets on my nerves.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:41 PM »
In Cali I use to listen to Jim Rome back in the 90's, like '95-2001, but in MN I mainly listen to KMOJ which is a public radio station that does Hip-Hop/R&B and political discussion. If I want to know what kids are listening to now I listen to B96, which actually plays some dope old school from 11am-1pm, and Air America MN, which actually plays hardly anything from Air America. They got Ed Shultz, and from LA, Stephen Miller.

E-L-P

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 21 & Over
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 12:48:08 AM »
I used to listen to Free fm, here in San Diego. They had the Adam Carolla show, Tom Leykis, Penn Gillet. Then they took that shit off last week. >:(
Now I ain't got shit to listen to at work.
My Future Wife:

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 12:55:01 AM »
I use to listen to a little KLSD (progressive talk radio). I would usually listen to Stacy Taylor. Now I hardly ever listen to talk radio unless I'm on a long drive.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:08:35 AM »
I used to listen to Free fm, here in San Diego. They had the Adam Carolla show, Tom Leykis, Penn Gillet. Then they took that shit off last week. >:(
Now I ain't got shit to listen to at work.

I really dig Carolla, that dry humor is really funny. Leykis not so much, his whole gimmick wore thin with me in 1996... when I was 15!

And Penn is dope, he actually tells it like it is, he's actually quite entertaining.

I think I'll upload some of my favorite Coast-To-Coast-am shows, the ones that deal with ghost and aliens and all that sorta shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
I used to listen to Howard Stern a lot...Now it's mostly sports radio (570 KLAC and 710 ESPN)...I'll listen to Leykis once in a while as well.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
Here's the track, and hour of a 4 hour call night.

This time the topic is "Fright Night" calls.

Some might find it entertertaining...

coast to coast - may 04 2007 - hour 3.mp3 - 13.03MB

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:49 PM »
sports talk, i used to love listening to Rome now we dont get it anymore we get Dan patrick, he's ok tho. I listne to local sports stuff....les amateurs de sport

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 03:26:34 PM »
tom leykis and the john and jeff show

acgrundy

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 08:15:11 PM »
carolla and rome every weekday at work