Author Topic: Saxaphone Soul...Sax get's 'em everytime.  (Read 286 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Saxaphone Soul...Sax get's 'em everytime.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 10:34:03 AM »
^ Lol, for real though. Propz ;).

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:12 PM »
If you like the sax so much you should listen to old Springsteen records. Clarence Clemons was amzing back then (still is in my opinon). The concerts is where he'd really shine, but the recording of Jungleland from Born to Run is exceptional. A 2 minute sax solo near the end of the song. In my opinion one of the best solos in rock and roll history.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »
^ Yeah, good looks, I'm more into the 80's and early 90's soul sax shit myself, but thanks man.

And if anybody got a track or two or something by John Coltrane, can you please hit me up. I found like one or two links on the internet but they dead. :-\ Propz. ;D

Diabolical

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 06:32:30 PM »
I play the saxophone.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »
I'm more into the 80's and early 90's soul sax shit myself, but thanks man.

I'm not sure what you mean? 80s and 90s? Like Kenny G? I've never really noticed a difference in the saxophone over the past few decades. Just in the production around it. Regardless what you might about Springsteen's sound. Clarence has always been a soul sax player. I'll post some samples in the near future.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean? 80s and 90s? Like Kenny G? I've never really noticed a difference in the saxophone over the past few decades. Just in the production around it. Regardless what you might about Springsteen's sound. Clarence has always been a soul sax player. I'll post some samples in the near future.

Yeah, like the production of the 80's and 90's soul records with the sax in the background.

But I do like saxophonist's themselves like you said Kenny G., and Boney James and Kirk Whalum. But when you said Springsteen, I'm automatically thinkin' that rock sound. You know what I'm sayin'?

I appreciate the samples whenever you get the time. Thanks.

The Predator

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »
All about the rump shaker video with that fine caramel latina broad blowing the sax  ;)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 11:43:03 AM »
Just listened to your compilation. Damn, you got great taste in music man, that's for sure.
Always loved the sax in R&B/soul songs, but hearing all these songs one after another definitely sets the mood right 8)

Thanks alot for hooking us up with this QT. It really is appreciated. +1!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:10 PM »
^ Good lookin' out man, BIG propz. Glad you're feeling it! 8) Good looks again.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 07:25:31 PM »

Yeah, like the production of the 80's and 90's soul records with the sax in the background.

But I do like saxophonist's themselves like you said Kenny G., and Boney James and Kirk Whalum. But when you said Springsteen, I'm automatically thinkin' that rock sound. You know what I'm sayin'?

I'll have them up by tomorrow night at the latest.

It's funny that you say "that rock sound". Springsteen's sound is a real enigma. He gets respect across the board by the artists, but outside the Springsteen fans it gets pretty strange. RnB fans think it's too rock, rock fans think it's to RnB. Metal fans think it's too soft. Punk fans think it's too pop. Pop fans think it's too rough (outside of the Born in the USA album). I think you'll be surprised about how "rock" the samples I give you actually are. The piano might actually the most dominant instrument in his discography. It certainly is as far as his masterpiece Born to Run album is concerned.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
^ Meeting across the river is 1 of my fav bruce songs, btw, that contemporary jazz sax sound is terrible, that elevator music shit.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »

I'll have them up by tomorrow night at the latest.

It's funny that you say "that rock sound". Springsteen's sound is a real enigma. He gets respect across the board by the artists, but outside the Springsteen fans it gets pretty strange. RnB fans think it's too rock, rock fans think it's to RnB. Metal fans think it's too soft. Punk fans think it's too pop. Pop fans think it's too rough (outside of the Born in the USA album). I think you'll be surprised about how "rock" the samples I give you actually are. The piano might actually the most dominant instrument in his discography. It certainly is as far as his masterpiece Born to Run album is concerned.

Aight man, good looks.

Elevz

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
Forget about John Coltrane. I bet you'd love the saxophone play in Charles Mingus' music more.

Here's "Better Git It In Your Soul" from Mingus Ah Um, the album in my avatar. Of course I can hook you up with more if you like... And you will.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/25619133842e65/

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2007, 10:48:18 AM »
Thank you, really apperciate it. Propz!! Gotta check this shit out. 8)

Raphael

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
rump shaker always comes to mind when i hear saxaphone ;D