Author Topic: So I went to see Justin Timberlake...  (Read 607 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
So I went to see Justin Timberlake...
« on: June 29, 2007, 03:02:20 AM »
Yes sir, I saw him at a sold-out venue (15 000 ppl, mostly girls, lol) two days ago. What a great fucking show. He had two opening acts: the first one was Esmée Denters (a Dutch girl who he recently has signed to his label...she surely can sing!) who did a short set. Pretty good act! The second one was Natasha Bedingfield. Didn't really know her music apart from her singles. It was enjoyable, nothing more though...her music is more pop-oriented than Timberlake. Anyway, she was nice to watch too, lol.

At 9 PM Justin came on - wearing a black suit, white tennis shoes, looking classy as always - and he opened with the title-track FutureSex/LoveSounds. He had a entire band with him plus a dance team as well. The way the stage was set up was cool: it was set in the centre of the venue so that everyone in the arena could see him and they had see-through screens on which they projected the show (that went up and down during the show) so that the people who were sitting on the opposite side of where JT was performing could see what was going on. Really dope.
He performed from 9 PM until 11:20 PM non-stop (with a small 5 to 10 minute-pause held down by Timbaland). Then he came back with Timbo and they did their songs (also Give It To Me - Furtado's part was projected on the screen).

Anyways, just wanted to say: out of all the concerts that I've already seen, this has to be one of the best I've ever been to. George Clinton and Parliament was at my number 1 spot, but Justin made an equally - or I'd even say better - impact on me. Definitely worth the money!

Btw: he memorised some Dutch for us. I got it on camera actually: "Ik wou dat ik beter Nederlands sprak" (translation: I wish I spoke Dutch more fluently). Lol, the crowd went nuts when he said that 8)

bez

Re: So I went to see Justin Timberlake...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:49:52 AM »
That Esmee is hot.  Shes guna blow up!

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 06:15:04 AM »
You ain't kidding! Props

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 02:19:40 AM »
That Esmee is hot.  Shes guna blow up!

Yeah, she can sing AND she looks good too 8)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 04:32:00 AM »
did he do dick in a box??

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:01:49 PM »
Nah...unfortunately not. I didn't even bother requesting the song by yelling "Dick in a box" since there was simply soooo much noise caused by teenage girls, unbelievable.
Would've been dope if he did perform it though, that song is hilarious.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 11:16:52 PM »
what album is dick in a box from? is it actually released or was it like a prince diss he released on the net or what?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 12:25:39 AM »
was on SNL, Crafty posted the video in another thread: http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »
Yeah, it's a song he recorded for SNL only. It had a huge buzz on YouTube back in December...

THEV1LL4N

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 06:30:07 AM »
looveee esmee denters. she is making it on her own. justin isnt doing enough to promote her as an artist though. interscope, tenmann didnt do anything to promote her albums or singles.

instead she is touring, going on shows herself, keeping in touch and collaborating with other uk artists and other bands across europe. she's done a few tv and radio appearances too.

until you were gone dropping april 19th
love dealer dropping soon.

she's worked with lady gaga too.