Author Topic: T.I.'s officially a monster sales-wise  (Read 873 times)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
T.I.'s officially a monster sales-wise
« on: July 05, 2007, 12:41:02 PM »
T.I. TOO MUCH: Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. will have the best-selling album in the country next week. Better known as Atlanta rapper T.I., the Grammy-winning hip-hop star’s new release, T.I. vs. T.I.P., on his own Grand Hustle label through Atlantic, looks headed over the 500k mark, heating up the summer sales season and easily making him next week’s #1 album. Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland is up next with her sophomore album for Columbia, Ms. Kelly, the follow-up to her 2002 effort, Simply Deep, on target for sales over 100k, according to reports from retailers still recovering from Fourth of July fireworks. RCA’s new Velvet Revolver album, Libertad, the successor to the 2004 double-platinum debut, Contraband, sees the rock supergroup at, or just shy of, the 100k mark. (7/5p)

This is taken from hitsdailydouble.com. Man he's gonna end up doin about 550k first week those are massive numbers jsut as much as king maybe even more, he's offically a soundscan monster and probably only second to 50 right now sales-wise. His album deserves it too it was a solid album front to back.

ToOoOoN!!!

Re: T.I.'s officially a monster sales-wise
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »
t.i is selling like crazy!

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:56:08 PM »
GOD DAMN, HIP HOP AIN'T DEAD  ;D

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
I must be living in a cave or something but I haven't even heard his first single yet. I was listening to the album this morning while I was in summer school (Don't ask) and it sounded solid from what I heard.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »
the single is big shit poppin'

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:05:25 PM »
Im surprised if its true, I expected him to do like 300.000.

His singles aint doing shit compared to King but its all about putting yourself out there, its not even a question of having a number 1 single (Mims for example). Thats why I still think 50 made a huge mistake by not having stick to the release date, he was attention whoring so much, hed do around 700.000 easilly. Singles dont mean shit anymore.

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 01:14:56 PM »
These are the numbers based on 1st day sales... the error margin of hitsdailydouble is usually important .. it may end at 350 k

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »
True, they said the same thing for Game.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »
even if it's around 300/350 it's still good i guess

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »

Definitley is. He'll hit gold by next week, and will be on his to another platinum plaque. Nowadays, a rapper can't be expected to do too much more. Especially since "Big Shit Poppin" wasn't all over the radio like "Watcha Know" was.

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:01:16 PM »

Definitley is. He'll hit gold by next week, and will be on his to another platinum plaque. Nowadays, a rapper can't be expected to do too much more. Especially since "Big Shit Poppin" wasn't all over the radio like "Watcha Know" was.

how much is for Gold? 500 k?    and 1 mil for Platinum ? cause I don;t know
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 02:12:04 PM »

Yes you do ;)

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »

Yes you do ;)
Then he will hit Gold next week :D

Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 02:24:26 PM »
is there a soundscan where they list the units sold by region?

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Narrator

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if this was true, but that's because T.I. has at this point reached the kind of cult status that Jay-Z and Luda and Snoop have...he's got so many dedicated fans that they'll snap up his shit the week it drops.

But without a major hit (and so far, "Big Shit Poppin" ain't doing much), his numbers will not stay consistent into the 2nd week.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit Plat again, but it won't be 1.7 million like "King" this time.  He needs a hit, and he needs it FAST to stay on top.