Author Topic: Murs: Interstate Connection (Article about Bay and LA)  (Read 48 times)

STASH Magazine

• Lil Geezy
Murs: Interstate Connection (Article about Bay and LA)
« on: July 10, 2007, 02:55:31 PM »
Murs: Interstate Connection (Article about Bay and LA)
From STASH Magazine's Website

As told to Uno
Photography Carol Laughlin and Uno

STASH caught up with Murs of the Living Legends and Felt at the 2nd Annual Paid Dues Festival in the cozy comforts of a backstage press room. I scratched the gang of questions I had prepped on my Sidekick the night before and decided to have a conversation about Bay and L.A. relations with the man himself. Murs, who was born and raised in L.A. and lived in East Oakland for four years, has mad love for both regions. Instead of Bay Vs. L.A., Murs wishes for the whole West Coast to connect and leave the beef with the Giants and Dodgers fans.

REWIND
I’m gonna explain the whole game. ’93, ’92, like L.A. had it, we had it. The O.G.’s in L.A. did never incorporate no one from the Bay – they didn’t fuck with it. They [L.A. O.G.’s] did not do the right thing. L.A. had Dre, The Chronic, The Dogg Pound, and then the Bay would have like one R.B.L Posse hit, like you know, “Bammer Weed.” E-40 had “Captain Save a Hoe” and “Hurricane.” But the Bay never got the full respect they deserved, you know what I mean? But I don’t think a lot of L.A. niggas work together to make this happen. I’m from the Bay man, I’m not from the Bay but I lived in East Oakland for four years and all around Berkeley and that’s where I got my start from. I don’t want to see the Bay Area artists make the same mistake the L.A. artists did. We have to work together.

Click here to read the rest > Murs: Interstate Connection

Reach out to more than just your block.
Advertise in STASH Magazine
advertising@stashonline.com
Nationwide distribution gets your projects/products in the faces of millions.