Author Topic: Derek Fisher is a Los Angeles Laker.......Again  (Read 494 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Derek Fisher is a Los Angeles Laker.......Again
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
Lakers, Fisher to reunite

By KEVIN DING
OCRegister.com

The Lakers could use some of the old glory these days, and it's coming in the form of Derek Fisher.

The Lakers and Fisher were finalizing an agreement Tuesday night on a three-year contract worth about $16 million. Fisher, who turned 33 Monday, will get most of the Lakers' mid-level salary-cap exception to give the team a steady hand at lead guard while youngsters Jordan Farmar and Javaris Crittenton learn their trade.

Fisher became a free agent July 2 in a rare development when he was released from his Utah Jazz contract — giving up the remaining three years and $20.6 million — because he wanted to relocate to a city where 1-year-old daughter Tatum could get optimal care for her rare form of eye cancer.

Los Angeles can provide that, and Fisher can provide the Lakers with triangle-offense experience and a shoulder on which good friend Kobe Bryant can lean. Fisher changed agents over the weekend to be represented by Rob Pelinka, Bryant's agent.

Damn...A little too much, but what the hell.

WC Iz Active

Re: Derek Fisher is a Los Angeles Laker.......Again
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:14:48 PM »
ehh I dont really like this.  LA will have a tough time making the playoffs this year.  The Warriors are the young, exciting team of the future, Lakers have alot of work to do.  They need to get rid of Odom and aquire JO or KG.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 08:49:11 PM »
I like the move, this gives the Lakers room to settle for JO, well having a solid PG for now well the other PGs devolpe. I feel sorry Bynum has to go, but it's time to win now, and Fisher is that PG to win now. I feel that this was in both parties interest, and Fisher has proven to be a quality leader with Utah. I still don't want to part with Odom though, as JO and Odom would be great with Byrant and Fisher in the backcourt. We'll see how this pans out though.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »
well if the lakers do sign Fisher thats a huge step and now its time to do something to get JO or KG.

WILL-I-DIE

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
dope news. we got d fish back

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:49:08 PM »
Not too crazy about Fisher anymore. And that's a lot of money. Fisher is not going to solve the Lakers' problems.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:18:42 PM »
Not too crazy about Fisher anymore. And that's a lot of money. Fisher is not going to solve the Lakers' problems.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:42:07 PM »
Basically the whole MLE on a 33-year-old mediocore PG. You gotta be crazy or emotionally attached to think that's a great move.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:43:42 PM »
I don't understand y'all. We desperately need a point guard who can run the triangle and who can be a good teacher for our three young reserves (Vujacic is 23, Farmar is 21 and Crittenton is still 19), and Fisher has all those qualities we need. He's a veteran, he got a big paycut (he lost $ 21 millions, leaving Utah), he's a friend of Kobe, he can defend, he knows triangle and he has Playoff experience. Shit, he's perfect. He's def better than Steve Blake, if you ask me. Plus i'm confident in Crittenton: he'll shine in 1-2 years.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 11:51:43 PM »
I called it since day 1..
welcome home Fish!

wcsoldier

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:04:24 AM »
It's overpaying but it was the best solution available... now it's time to move a PG, having 4PG is useless... some people are dissapointed coz they expected Billups or Mo Williams ... lol.. don't expect miracles Lakers fans , I said it and I repeat it , there won't be any major moves ..

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:01:21 AM »
great signing this is the one piece u guys were missing. i guess its safe to crown the lakers 08 champs huh Nik
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

rik

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »

Exactly bringing in old players that can't make a fuckin' layup isn't doing anything to solve our problems.

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »
Y'all expect that the MLE is gonna resolve our pbs ?  ... let me take a break

rik

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 10:03:35 AM »
Y'all expect that the MLE is gonna resolve our pbs ?  ... let me take a break

Spending it on washed up players doesn't fuckin' help.