Author Topic: P. Diddy ruined rap music?  (Read 394 times)

Invincible

P. Diddy ruined rap music?
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:20:06 PM »
I have just read this. Anyone agree.

http://blogs.hiphopdx.com/theonlyopinion/2007/07/12/you-know-who-fucked-up-rap-music-hint-it-s-not-the-south.html

Some points you could say are true, but Diddy is a business man and is just trying to make money.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: P. Diddy ruined rap music?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »
everybody did

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:31:23 PM »
he is one of the reasons.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

The Predator

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:47 AM »
He messed up Biggies third album.

Fool.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:25:45 AM »
Diddy and Master P are major reasons but everybody follows the trend so blame them all...

Real Nigga

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 02:11:53 AM »
stay-puff is too easy to blame. the nigga looney put it best everyone did, even yalls savior 2pac. he made hip hop a half assed crusade against whatever which paved the way for much shittier rappers to bitch and moan about yadayada and have their track considered "deep"
fuck pac, fuck puffy, where are the grandmaster flash niggas who know how to make social conscious and party music

BLACK ROYALTY

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 03:55:33 AM »
^^Hahaha u can say fuck Puffy cause i hate him too but fuck Pac? Man i aint eva heard that hahaha thats harsh dude!!!

StevenQBosell

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
Diddy and Master P are major reasons but everybody follows the trend so blame them all...

Yup everybody saw the success of Puffy's formula and just COPIED it.

So to some degree the blogger is rigght. But to have Puffy take the bullet for hip hop being what it is today? Kinda a stretch.

It wasn't Puffy's fault no one wanted to be original, and just copied his formula.

That blogger has hard on (no homo) for Puffy...  Acting like one dude CAN SINGLE HANDEDLY take down rap music.

Hip Hop is so much mpre powerful, than just "Puffy"

The dude's naive if he doesn't think some of that wack South crap has had something to do with Hip Hops decline.

You just can't blame Puffy by himself.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 08:00:23 AM »
puffy followed the mc hammer formula,take an 80's sample for the whole beat and rap over it

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »
Puff brought NY back.  Even in his earlier years in the game with Uptown Records, Outkast and LL Cool J.  Biggie, The remixes with Keith Murray and total.  The dancing wasnt always bad.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »
Puff brought NY back.  Even in his earlier years in the game with Uptown Records, Outkast and LL Cool J.  Biggie, The remixes with Keith Murray and total.  The dancing wasnt always bad.

puffy is a part of that ny comeback,  nas,jay-z(even if i dont like him),wu tang and others had their part too

StevenQBosell

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »

puffy is a part of that ny comeback,  nas,jay-z(even if i dont like him),wu tang and others had their part too

2 very good points.

Narrator

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 06:15:56 PM »
All the major moguls of the 1990s helped ruin hip-hop.  This includes Diddy, Suge, and Master P.  They all helped make hip-hop into a commodity.  Pretty much everyone else you hate today followed the trend they pioneered.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 07:14:42 PM »
Diddy's way to arrogant..I cant stand dude. He did his thing and i guess he still is if you can call it that. But he should never,ever,ever be considered an M.C. Lets be real,dude is horrible. He should just stay in the cut and stay off them records IMO.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
Diddy's way to arrogant..I cant stand dude. He did his thing and i guess he still is if you can call it that. But he should never,ever,ever be considered an M.C. Lets be real,dude is horrible. He should just stay in the cut and stay off them records IMO.

Everybody knows Puffy couldn't rap to save his life... I don't think most people even consider Puffy an mc