Author Topic: David Beckham officially signs with the L.A. Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 891 times)

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Re: David Beckham officially signs with the L.A. Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 02:34:47 PM »
I agree with Sanford, obese kids cant play football, where as they'll prolly be a superstar in the NFL.

Those "Obese kids" in the NFL are stronger and probably faster than a lot of soccer "athletes" believe it or not.

I'll choose not.

The Maestro

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
football will never be huge in usa because americans cant play sports where pace is a main factor. they can only play sports that have constant breaks (time outs for commercial brakes and beer and donut refills). endless pumping of iron will never create an "fit athlete".

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 03:12:55 PM »
football will never be huge in usa because americans cant play sports where pace is a main factor. they can only play sports that have constant breaks (time outs for commercial brakes and beer and donut refills). endless pumping of iron will never create an "fit athlete".

Basketball, hockey. ::)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »

Basketball, hockey. ::)

are you kidding me? ... those sports have more breaks than a kanye-beat

Sparegeez

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 05:02:26 PM »
The average athlete would get more tired playing a full court basketball game than a full soccer game. That is an indisputable a fact.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »
The average athlete would get more tired playing a full court basketball game than a full soccer game. That is an indisputable a fact.

Don't even debate with him, he has no clue what he's saying

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »

i've played a couple of full basketball matches myself... have YOU ever played a football match?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:37:15 PM by Maestro Minded / LME »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »

Don't even debate with him, he has no clue what he's saying

sure.. whatever makes you sleep well

Sparegeez

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »

i've played a couple of full basketball matches myself... have YOU ever played a football match?

I spent an entire year in Mexico, of course I have. Almost everyday back then.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 05:40:30 PM »

in that case you opinions will weigh a bit more "those who dont know"

but im not talking about playing football in the backyard... im talking about  90 min full matches. have you done That?

a basketball match takes approx 2 hours to finish. each match is 48 min .... which basicly roughly means that you get to rest 1 min for each min you play... and that is IF you play 48min.. lets say that the average time for an average player is 20 min... thats means that he gets to rest 5 min for each min he plays.... a sport of pace?.. you gotta be kidding me.

i've played basketball... and my personal experience is that people play until they get tired, and then they sit and rest, because a tired player performs badly, and only a dum coach would be ignorant enough to let him stay on the field... am i totally wrong?

while in football, the rules and regulations doesnt allow free substitutions... but
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:44:21 PM by Maestro Minded / LME »

Sparegeez

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 05:48:06 PM »

in that case you opinions will weigh a lbit more...

but im not talking about playing football in the backyard... im talking about  90 min full matches. have you done That?

a basketball match takes approx 2 hours to finish. each match is 48 min .... which basicly roughly means that you get to rest 1 min for each min you play... and that is IF you play 48min.. lets say that the average time for an average player is 20 min... thats means that he gets to rest 5 min for each min he plays.... a sport of pace?.. you gotta be kidding me.

You can't use that logic in streetball because you're constantly running and posting up, so that wins easily against a soccer match.

But you do have a point in the NBA, but what you don't understand is that basketball players constantly sprint and use agility.and more importantly post.Do you know how much energy it takes to play the post? You have to use every muscle in your body to keep fighting for that perfect spot. Of course they're gonna get tired and need rest.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 06:00:20 PM »
Soccer is for fags. In America the kids that can't make teams in the other sports play soccer.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 06:05:05 PM »
Soccer is for fags. In America the kids that can't make teams in the other sports play soccer.

ukrainians are supposed to like football man, dont turn your back on your people, you got andriy shevchenko for gods sake

BJV

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:35 PM »

To prop or diss that's the question. But to diss is the proper reaction.  >:(

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »

ukrainians are supposed to like football man, dont turn your back on your people, you got andriy shevchenko for gods sake

I don't even know who that is.

I am not Polish, I am not Ukrainian.

I am AMERICAN!!!!! And I hate soccer.