Author Topic: David Beckham officially signs with the L.A. Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 903 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: David Beckham officially signs with the L.A. Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 06:14:48 PM »
The average athlete would get more tired playing a full court basketball game than a full soccer game. That is an indisputable a fact.

i've played a couple of full basketball matches myself... have YOU ever played a football match?

I spent an entire year in Mexico, of course I have. Almost everyday back then.

in that case you opinions will weigh a lbit more...

but im not talking about playing football in the backyard... im talking about  90 min full matches. have you done That?

a basketball match takes approx 2 hours to finish. each match is 48 min .... which basicly roughly means that you get to rest 1 min for each min you play... and that is IF you play 48min.. lets say that the average time for an average player is 20 min... thats means that he gets to rest 5 min for each min he plays.... a sport of pace?.. you gotta be kidding me.

You can't use that logic in streetball because you're constantly running and posting up, so that wins easily against a soccer match.

But you do have a point in the NBA, but what you don't understand is that basketball players constantly sprint and use agility.and more importantly post.Do you know how much energy it takes to play the post? You have to use every muscle in your body to keep fighting for that perfect spot. Of course they're gonna get tired and need rest.

sure... streetball is way tougher than NBA.. i completely agree.. but i was talking abou professional sports

and like you said: they get tired and need to rest, and they get to rest..
but in professional football, that opportunity doesnt exist, so how tired you may be, you still have to continue to run, drible, fight to keep your spot.

so for me, the natural outcome is obviously that football is tougher.

i do know for a fact that if you take a random instance of lets say 1 min of play, basketball will be tougher in most cases.  but absolutely not during the entire match. i know that nik and "real ukranian" have no idea of what im talking about, but i honestly think that you understand and that you agree with what i'm saying (sure, i may exaggerate when i say that basketball have no pace at all).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:20:26 PM by Maestro Minded / LME »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 06:19:08 PM »

ukrainians are supposed to like football man, dont turn your back on your people, you got andriy shevchenko for gods sake

I don't even know who that is.

I am not Polish, I am not Ukrainian.

I am AMERICAN!!!!! And I hate soccer.

you might be american now, but you got ukranian blood

your countrys GOAT

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007, 09:43:34 AM »
The average athlete would get more tired playing a full court basketball game than a full soccer game. That is an indisputable a fact.

i've played a couple of full basketball matches myself... have YOU ever played a football match?

in that case you opinions will weigh a bit more "those who dont know"

but im not talking about playing football in the backyard... im talking about  90 min full matches. have you done That?

a basketball match takes approx 2 hours to finish. each match is 48 min .... which basicly roughly means that you get to rest 1 min for each min you play... and that is IF you play 48min.. lets say that the average time for an average player is 20 min... thats means that he gets to rest 5 min for each min he plays.... a sport of pace?.. you gotta be kidding me.

i've played basketball... and my personal experience is that people play until they get tired, and then they sit and rest, because a tired player performs badly, and only a dum coach would be ignorant enough to let him stay on the field... am i totally wrong?

while in football, the rules and regulations doesnt allow free substitutions... but

LMAO@your logic...Basketball is a sport in which you work out more of the anatomy. Your arms, your legs, running, jumping, quick changes of pace, muscling other players, etc...If you noticed, basketball players are a lot more in shape than soccer players. There's a reason for that. Of course there's stoppages in basketball, but mainly for fouls. The players would die from exhaustion without stoppages... You can't just stop action to substitute a player, you have to wait until there's a stoppage, and then you can substitute. Still, to say pace is not a main factor in basketball is a joke...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »

in that case you opinions will weigh a bit more "those who dont know"

i've played basketball... and my personal experience is that people play until they get tired, and then they sit and rest, because a tired player performs badly, and only a dum coach would be ignorant enough to let him stay on the field... am i totally wrong?

while in football, the rules and regulations doesnt allow free substitutions... but

LMAO@your logic...Basketball is a sport in which you work out more of the anatomy. Your arms, your legs, running, jumping, quick changes of pace, muscling other players, etc...If you noticed, basketball players are a lot more in shape than soccer players. There's a reason for that. Of course there's stoppages in basketball, but mainly for fouls. The players would die from exhaustion without stoppages... You can't just stop action to substitute a player, you have to wait until there's a stoppage, and then you can substitute. Still, to say pace is not a main factor in basketball is a joke...PeACe

ever heard of time outs?.. it can happen 12 times during a match
NBA is so commercial-based, they're forcing time outs upon the home team, even if nobody wants it, just to be able to add commercials
basketball players are more muscular than football players since all they do is to lift weights. football players know that unnecessary muscles will hinder their pace, so they stay strong, but fit and agile.

off course you have to wait until stoppage before a substitution, but it's not like you have to wait long for that to happen... and you can substitute how many times you want. in football you play for 90 min and can make a total of three (3) substitutions. whats hard for you to get?

sports that requires alot of pace dont have athletes built like bodybuilders....
sports that have breaks to help the contestants to regain their energy and also, by having unlimited substitutions, being able to guarantee fresh players on the pitch CANT be considered being sports where pace is among the main factors.

surely it cant be THAT hard for you to grasp, can it?

i wont try to explain it for you any more, cause clearly you know nothing about football while I, having refereed over 600 basketball matches and played a few myself and at the same time being a hardcore football fan while playing matches regularly, should know quite a few things.

and off course 30 min of streetball is tougher than 30 min of nba. 30 min in streetball means 30 min effective play. 30 min in nba means 12 min play (a quarter) + 18 min of timeouts, breaks and other delays.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 08:18:24 PM »
^^LOL. Try tellin' that to Smush Parker and all the other streetballers who tried making it in the NBA...NBA player ARE quick and agile...and more in shape than soccer players. I've played soccer in an organized league before. The tempo in basketball is much quicker, with pace switching constantly, and can go on for long periods with no breaks. Sorry, man, you might love soccer, but it is what it is...

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »
playing midfield in soccer is one of the most demanding positions in all of sports.

thats just the truth.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
playing midfield in soccer is one of the most demanding positions in all of sports.

thats just the truth.

true that the distance some players cover in one match is literally miles.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 12:06:53 PM »
guys it always depends how you play it... if you play your heart out both soccer and basketball will kill you, you can trust that.

also lol@arguing which sport is "harder to do"... you're the shit if you do one of them with the best of them... end of story

oh and one huge lol@taking pride in hating soccer
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »

thats just the truth.

Wing backs also cover a shit load of miles.  Just imagine Roberto Carlos in his prime.  Really the only two positions where I would say that there's not that much demanding than the others is the centre back and of course the goalie.  Everybody else though, it's tough work. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »
guys it always depends how you play it... if you play your heart out both soccer and basketball will kill you, you can trust that.

also lol@arguing which sport is "harder to do"... you're the shit if you do one of them with the best of them... end of story

It's a FACT that you work more parts of your body in basketball.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 02:09:50 PM »

thats just the truth.

Wing backs also cover a shit load of miles.  Just imagine Roberto Carlos in his prime.  Really the only two positions where I would say that there's not that much demanding than the others is the centre back and of course the goalie.  Everybody else though, it's tough work. 

yup i usually have to play as a wing back for my club due to the formation we play, and its an incredibly tough position if your unfit or tired.. you have got to no when to make runs with the attack or just stay back

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »

id like to see some evidence on this.. the only different part of the body you use to football is your arms, but yet football is alot more demanding on your legs..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 02:30:35 PM »

id like to see some evidence on this.. the only different part of the body you use to football is your arms, but yet football is alot more demanding on your legs..

It's common sense...In basketball, you are working out EVERY part of the body.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »
On-topic ( :P ): The English media is dissing the fuck out of LA Galaxy. They are calling them players sunday pub buddies n shit, claiming they are nowhere near professionals let alone capable soccer players. Shit will be funny when they play Chelsea, can't wait.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin