Author Topic: Mo Peterson signs 4 year deal with New Orleans Hornets...  (Read 123 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Mo Peterson signs 4 year deal with New Orleans Hornets...
« on: July 16, 2007, 01:41:14 AM »
Peterson agrees to $23M deal with Hornets

ESPN.com news services
Updated: July 14, 2007, 1:17 AM ET

NBA free agent Morris Peterson agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the New Orleans Hornets on Friday, multiple sources say.

ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan reports that Morris will get $23 million over the four years with a "trade kicker" included in the contract.

Peterson is expected to sign the deal following a vacation, according to an AP source who spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract has not been announced.

Peterson visited Salt Lake City earlier this week to meet with Utah Jazz officials. He also said Detroit, New Jersey, Cleveland, Miami and Toronto had expressed interest in him.

He has spent his entire seven-season career with the Raptors.

The 6-foot-7, 220-pound Peterson, who can play shooting guard or small forward, has career averages of 12 points along with nearly four rebounds, two assists and a steal.

His production and playing time fell last season -- averaging 8.9 points and 21.4 minutes -- one season after career highs in scoring (16.8), rebounding (4.6), steals (1.3) and minutes (38) a game.

Peterson produced sporadically during a first-round series against the Nets last season. He scored 17 points in Toronto's Game 5 win, then had nine points, eight rebounds, two steals and a block in Game 6 when the Raptors were eliminated.

After helping Michigan State win the 2000 national championship, Peterson was drafted 21st by the Raptors. He averaged 14 points in his second and third NBA season and 12.5 in his fourth season.

As a restricted free agent in 2004, the Hornets signed Peterson to a $15 million, three-year offer sheet and Toronto retained him by matching the deal.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Mo Peterson signs 4 year deal with New Orleans Hornets...
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
PG Chris Paul...Bobby Jackson/Jannero Pargo
SG Morris Peterson...Rasual Butler/Adam Haluska
SF Peja Stojakavic...Marcus Vinicius
PF David West...Julian Wright/Cedric Simmons
C Tyson Chandler...Hilton Armstrong

Not bad...Still will struggle to make playoffs in the west though...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 03:16:52 AM »
More than 5 mln per year for Mo Peterson? Mmmm..

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:26:15 AM »
More than 5 mln per year for Mo Peterson? Mmmm..

He had an all-star caliber season in 2006...I wouldn't really say it's overpaying. He's getting less than $6 mill a year.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
Yeah, i remember. Well it's ok. But i don't really follow the Hornets so i don't know if he's what they need. He's better than Mason tho'.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:34:48 PM »
Well, they were in desperate need for a shooting guard, especially with Desmond moving...This was a good move.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:43:42 PM »
damn im gonna miss mo pete in Toronto, he was like the last OG raptor on the team , i wish him the best in New Orleans though , he will definitely get more playing time there

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 12:46:59 PM »
good team.  peja needs to rehab is vagina injurys though and actully play