Author Topic: Mykestro Interview Up On Dubcnn Now! (Lot of real talk!)  (Read 398 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Mykestro Interview Up On Dubcnn Now! (Lot of real talk!)
« on: July 23, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/mykestro

Dubcnn caught up with one of the most talented young artists from L.A., Mykestro. We first introduced you to him in 2004 in a joint interview with his big brother Battlecat, and it was about time we hooked up again for an in-depth interview.

We spoke about his upcoming mixtape which should be dropping in august, and why he didn't want to make another mixtape at first. We dig real deep into the sad state of the music industry, the radio politics in Los Angeles, the internet, MySpace, artists watering down their music, the low record sales, the New West, Mykestro's upcoming album and much much more.

You can read or listen to the interview by clicking below:

Mykestro Interview With Dubcnn (July '07)

We're going to have some exclusive music for download right here in the next days, so keep it locked right here. Check back on Wednesday for the next interview.

Lunatic

Re: Mykestro Interview Up On Dubcnn Now! (Lot of real talk!)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:58:50 PM »
ain't know he was battle cat lil bro

+1
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blu Lacez

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »
That was a real Deep Interview!!

I feel what he is sayig!!

~Lucien~

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
how can Mykestro have no deal? he is the most talented rapper from the ''new west'' in my opinion.
Glasses got a deal, Bishop got a deal, Damani & Lucc are signed.
this is almost a crime. Stro sounds like a smart dude.
this is my favorite part of the interview...

''But everybody's New West! Because they ain't on. They might not even know a nigga associated with the New West. Nobody sat down and said "Hey, you're New West, and you're New West." But because nobody is policing it, everybody is New West! So what do you do? It's a catch 22! You can't win in that scenario! Then you get the dudes that's saying "Yeah, this is dubcnn.com, yup!" And they out here robbing banks, with dubcnn.com shirts on. But you ain't got no idea, cause you ain't policing your company! So everybody can just join in. It's like you ain't trying to shut nobody out, but it's gotta be a quality level at some point! Somebody has gotta stand up and say "Okay what you guys are doing is not ready yet." You can't just jump in the NBA! The same way they started policing that straight out of High School shit, that shit don't even exist no more! Every now and again, you get a Kobe or a Kevin Garnett, them dudes that just came straight out of high school and go crazy in the league. But you got dudes that don't even make the team, and once you declare yourself, you can't go back to college. That's a wrap. But somebody had to say "This is not happening. You guys are not going to fuck up the league doing this."

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
That interview was 100% real talk, especially about L.A. radio & everybody being a rapper or producer. But it's a shame Stro ain't signed to the right type of deal yet because I'd say next to Crooked I, Ya Boy, K.Dot, & Techniec, he's one of the best to come out from the West in a long time. 8)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 08:54:30 PM by You Can't Knock My Hustle, Homie... »

no1wammy

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 08:55:12 PM »
Another upcoming artist speaks his mind about the internet, MySpace, and now mixtapes. Mykestro threw a new one on me here - rappers who just wanna get in the game for an honorable mention?

I'm not laughing. There are rappers in the game that aren't really rappers. To put into a better noun, one-hit wonders.

Mykestro, I have a question for you. If you feel that rappers are coming from all over the place just to get a rep, how do you feel about the Chicano Rap game? Today, some dude posted a thread on Conejo, and a majority of the members 1) didn't like his music, 2) felt he was like Mr. Capone-E, and 3) say this Chicano thing was so 1990 (refer to Frost and A Lighter Shade Of Brown for more information). As a proud listener of Pocos Pero Locos, I feel strongly about this genre blowing up, but when it did, it came in the form of "Suga Suga," "Summer Nights," "Superman," and "Lean Like A Cholo." Right now, this radio-friendly genre seems to be the only way for Chicano Rap to get recognized in the mainstream, but I also feel that the real, grittier side of Chicano rap can still get in the game, such as the case with Omar Cruz (he represents Latin Hip Hop). What's your take on this?

TRG

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 09:09:21 PM »
another dope interview

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »
Up!

Big_Ed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 02:06:12 AM »
another dope interview
Yup,he spoke a lot of real talk  8)

d-nice

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:22:05 AM »
Great interview Nima. Mykestro speaking the real on this. That is why I think it is important to have outlets like a Dubcnn and RapTalk, WCR, WCA, WWC, Allhiphop, etc to debut new music and do interviews and promotion. You can't depend on radio and satellite radio is not in every home yet. If I was dependent on radio to hear new music I would only have Mims, Webbie, Lil Boosie, and a few others. Not a diss to them but a diss to radio for not changing up they fucking playlist. But you know Dubcnn arrived when MTV is trying to catch up on news dropped here weeks or months prior. This site is a major outlet for artists to create a buzz for themselves and in return it is creating a buzz for the site so big ups for that.

TuSlic

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
me and mykestro done had words for each other but I got to say he was speakin on some real shit and i feel a lot of the shit he was speakin on.

good read

d-nice

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 11:03:24 AM »
I still cannot believe he does not have a deal. Somebody needs to sign him ASAP.

Blu Lacez

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 11:43:03 AM »
^^
Looks like things are only gonna get tougher for Music in the Westcoast!!

Dis Blows!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:29:22 PM by Blu Lacez »

Iliveinthefuture

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:44 PM »
motherfuckers can't handle the truth  8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 02:26:02 PM »
Keep it coming!