Author Topic: LOL@Kobe not being a leader... Haters like Jakob make me sick.  (Read 847 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: LOL@Kobe not being a leader... Haters like Jakob make me sick.
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 04:21:42 PM »
Throw in captains LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, the best American player at last year's world championships, and more than half the squad already seems set.

ouch! like i said CO captain.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
Throw in captains LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, the best American player at last year's world championships, and more than half the squad already seems set.

ouch! like i said CO captain.

LeBron and Carmelo were the captains last time around...Kobe has been personally penned in by Coach K as the new leader, dude. There's no way around it for you. LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2007, 04:57:50 PM »
Another one to shut your punk-ass up:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11683382/

thisoneguy360

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2007, 05:10:48 PM »
I can't wait to watch these guys

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
they better win a gold
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

it doesn't say anything about him penciling him in as the SOLE CAPTAIN of the team,lol

“It’s his time,” USA Basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski said of Bryant. “He’s 27 years old now. He should try to assume a position of leadership in the team. I would think he’s very hungry to do this. I see him fitting in very, very well.”

meaning , he's still in his prime and he needs to step up his leadership.  even with that said, he's still a co-captain with at least Melo who at performed him in the blue/white game.  plus even if he was the SOLE captain that's no way to win! 

the 1992 dream team won because they put egs aside and played as a unit
the 1996 dream team won because they put egos aside( and beefs) and played as a unit
the 2000 dream team won because for the most part they put egoes aside and played as a unit
the 2004 team LOST because too many egoes
the 2006 team was a good starting point for a turn around.
the 2008 team will win, because they have a weapon in kobe bryant that can't be stopped, love him or hate him, that's the truth, leadership will be shared though, believe that.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 09:37:15 PM »
^ you've made it clear that you don't think Kobe is a good leader, but you can't think Lebron or Melo are gonna be leaders. if anything the leadership will come from Kobe and J.Kidd
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 09:39:35 PM »
i can see kidd being another leader, he definately should be. however carmelo anthony was the best performer in the last tourny, and definately held his own on the same team as Kobe, there's no way you can uninclude him as a co-captain.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 10:11:56 PM »
Kobe is the leader, Jake. I know it hurts, but get over it man...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 10:29:29 PM »
i can see kidd being another leader, he definately should be. however carmelo anthony was the best performer in the last tourny, and definately held his own on the same team as Kobe, there's no way you can uninclude him as a co-captain.

Yeah since last year Melo has been on another planet but I don't think he's ready to be put in a leadership role. He barely has playoff experience.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »
he was in the leadership role last year and they did very well (until they met greece). so i think he's more than capable of being one of the co-captains.

wcsoldier

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:51 AM »

it doesn't say anything about him penciling him in as the SOLE CAPTAIN of the team,lol

“It’s his time,” USA Basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski said of Bryant. “He’s 27 years old now. He should try to assume a position of leadership in the team. I would think he’s very hungry to do this. I see him fitting in very, very well.”

meaning , he's still in his prime and he needs to step up his leadership.  even with that said, he's still a co-captain with at least Melo who at performed him in the blue/white game.  plus even if he was the SOLE captain that's no way to win! 

the 1992 dream team won because they put egs aside and played as a unit
the 1996 dream team won because they put egos aside( and beefs) and played as a unit
the 2000 dream team won because for the most part they put egoes aside and played as a unit
the 2004 team LOST because too many egoes
the 2006 team was a good starting point for a turn around.
the 2008 team will win, because they have a weapon in kobe bryant that can't be stopped, love him or hate him, that's the truth, leadership will be shared though, believe that.
Already forgot about 2002 ? Teams in 02 , 04 and 06 didn't lose because of their egos... the main reason is the lack of shooters then the lack of some Team D in some games (Greece in 06, Lithuania in 04...) believe it or not , there are some great teams outside Team USA...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
^^Mainly, a lack of leadership...LMAO@Jakob claiming Team USA did very well last time around. :-X

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 03:38:03 PM »
i was referring to all the olympic games, i only mentioned the 2006 FIBA games because it was the last international game

however in 2002 and in 2004 we plain out had BAD teams.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 04:20:08 PM »
I think people confuse being a great leader, and being a great player. Two very different things. Obviously Kobe is a great player. But its no wonder that most people outside of the Laker fanbase dont consider him a great leader. Through his own talent he is able to will his team to victory at times, but that alone isnt going to win championships. To be a great leader you HAVE to have the respect of your teammates. It is also very helpful for your teammates to actually like you. You never get the feeling (as you did with MJ, or Magic, or Bird, etc) that Kobe's teammates are willing to go to war with him, or for him. He doesnt bring that out of people. You can post up all the numbers, and quotes to the media you want....it means nothing. Kobe will more then likely always and forever be seen as a great player, who wasnt a great leader. Unless something drastically changes in the next few years. Great players and great leaders dont always have to be the same person. There have been tons of great players who couldnt lead....and likwise, tons of great leaders who werent great players. Very rarely are they combined into one person.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"