Author Topic: Big Syke Concert In Southampton UK, NOT A DUBCNN.COM VENTURE  (Read 299 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
This is an information post regarding a complaint we recently received. There is an event supposed to be occuring in Southampton, UK at a venue called the Soul Cellar next month (August 2007).

The event, which is said to feature Big Syke, is nothing to do with Dubcnn.com despite what you may have heard or what you may believe as a result of a PayPal payment address you may have submitted funds to for tickets. The company involved is called Sykeone Music/Records and was a company that had a brief association with Dubcnn in late 2005. Any business conducted by them in the name or supposed name of Dubcnn since that time is nothing to do with Dubcnn.com.

If you have any concerns about your ticketing for this event or wish to contact the seller, please direct your concerns towards PayPal and the email/details you have for Sykeone and/or the Soul Cellar. Should any Dubcnn visitors or readers have any problems or issues they wish to raise with me then please email me via; rud@dubcnn.com

Thank you,

Rud
dubcnn.com

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

Re: Big Syke Concert In Southampton UK, NOT A DUBCNN.COM VENTURE
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:25:09 PM »
bump :)

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »
are you going to that??

and why Southampton? not exactly what i thought would be a buzzin location for a Big Syke gig...

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 11:22:14 PM »
No not going, nor are we involved AT ALL. This thread is just to allay some issues people were having with the organisers that tooks funds under what some fans beleived was under dubcnn's name...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 03:28:50 AM »
its like this..

i've had a bunch of people message me on MSN accusing rud and myself of stealing fans money through this show
(they also mistakenly believe that I own dubcnn, rud does)

FACT IS...

the fliers for the show and all the info to do with it have no mention at all of dubcnn..
the only thing is.. i'm told some people paid through a paypal address which is/was called SYKEDUBCNN
which may be a carry over from the past association rud mentions in his first post.
i keep repeating that this is nothing to do with us and that they should get onto this lloyd dude..

i urged one of the guys i spoke to ( "shaf" ).. to get everyone he knows to cancel their paypal payments ASAP if they are really sure its true that that syke wont be at the show..

these people messaging on MSN have been saying that they know someone who contacted him and that big syke doesnt know about the show etc..

they also claim the lloyd guy that runs this "sykeone"  company rud had a brief association with is rud's "secret friend".. and wont believe any claims to the contrary... and are saying this lloyd guy is confirming that he is still rud's special friend.. despite rud making this post

as far as i know.. the only reason they think dubcnn is involved is the paypal address.. as like i said.. its not on the fliers i've been able to find online..

(from  google search results for "big syke" southampton )

Big Syke - Street Commando Tour 2007

Friday 31st August, 8pm – late @ Soul Cellar, Southampton, Hampshire

2pac Shakur's best friend and fellow 'Outlawz Member' BIG SYKE is in the UK for the first time!

Famed for his performance on 'Picture me Rollin' on the ground breaking multi-platinum selling album 'All Eyez on Me', Big Syke brings his own 'Street Commando tour' to the UK. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see 2pac's closest friend (as outlined in Frank Alexander's book 'Got your back') live on UK soil.

Full supporting line up from independent labels Sykeone Records and Stealf Records showcasing home grown and international talent.

Tickets are limited and special packages are available by emailing the promoter direct at sales@sykeonemusic.com.

notiice the email address..   sales@sykeonemusic.com

a whois lookup for sykeonemusic.com shows..   ( http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=sykeonemusic.com )

owner-contact: P-LYH70
owner-organization: The Major Review.com
owner-fname: Lloyd
owner-lname: Hiscox
owner-street: 22 vectis road, new milton hampshire
owner-city: london
owner-zip: SW19 5PE
owner-country: GB
owner-phone: +44.2086059211
owner-email: kingsyke@hotmail.com

i've been asking each of these guys on msn for evidence that big syke isn't coming to the UK on that date..
but we've been sent nothing... so we dont know where the source for this rumour comes from

rud's going to try to get someone to get hold of "big syke" and get confirmation from him that he is/isn't going to this show.... hopefully we can get this up on dubcnn.. and we urge anyone who is concerned they've lost money to cancel their paypal or whatever other payments do whatever they gotta do...

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:38:50 AM by Seer - San »

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:28:52 AM »
Big Syke:

"NO IM NOT DOING A SHOW OUT THEIR THOSE CATS USING MY NAME "

Hope that clears up the rumors.. I just contacted him asking if there was any truth about him doin' a show out there and that's what he told me.
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »
thanks.. you got that direct from the man himself?... can i ask how.. myspace or something?

we have a contact # for big syke (dubcnn staff have already met him numerous times in the US).. so we want to get this down on the record in audio for all to hear. 100%..

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:57:55 AM by Seer - San »

Realbiggsteele

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:43:11 PM »
This is Bigg Steele. Syke aint got nothing to do with this. he's go hit yall up.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
thanks.. Rud told me you'd said this to him privately yesterday..

whats dumb on our side is.. our name isnt even on the damn fliers or anything we've been able to find..
its just we keep getting people accusing us of being involved..

they're claming this guy is repping dubcnn behind the scenes but have not seen any real evidence of that at all...

so there is no proof this guy is using dubcnn's name.. just hearsay.. from these cats..

I figure if we can prove that "big syke" isn't involved.. then it clears us in the eyes of those who wont listen!

all they've said to me on msn is the paypal address.. which we've not seen... we keep asking for a screenshot of a payment to it for this event but no one has provided one