Author Topic: Jermaine Dupri Signs "Aunt Jackie"  (Read 67 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Jermaine Dupri Signs "Aunt Jackie"
« on: July 26, 2007, 07:34:59 AM »
Adding to his already buzz-worthy roster of Island Urban Music artists, including Hot Dollar and Johnte Austin, perennial hitmaker Jermaine Dupri has spotted another smash on the horizon: the "Aunt Jackie," the song and dance that is taking the country by storm.

Created by 21-year-old Jason Fox, the Aunt Jackie took root in the streets of Fox's native Harlem, and has gone on to become an online sensation, with over 150,000 plays on myspace and over 275,000 views on Youtube.

Now, with a following of thousands of kids already dancing to the song in clubs, at basketball tournaments and in the streets, "Aunt Jackie" is ready to take over the summer. The old-school flavored track has been released to urban radio, and a professional video is in the works, aimed at supporting the already massive buzz and attention the homespun video has garnered.

"I think were seeing the life of hip-hop coming back with songs like aunt Jackie," says Dupri. "It's the kids acting like kids used to act when I was growing up, and I love it because, to me, hip-hop has been too-cool -for-school lately. Its time for a change."
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
Re: Jermaine Dupri Signs "Aunt Jackie"
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 07:49:25 AM »
flop