Author Topic: KG to CELTICS for Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, & Theo Ratliff!  (Read 1083 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
McHale can't complain, he got picks and a shitload of young talent. Boston is going to be an interesting team, they must sign a decent PG fast though. Maybe Boykins or Bell or something. Can't wait for Bill Simmons' 2 cents.

if you get to it before me, post it up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070730

In short, he loves that trade. He hated the trade for Allen when it happened but now that deal made a lot of sense, too.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
If Pierce and Allen stay healthy (Garnett is a monster...almost never gets hurt)...this will be the team to beat.

Two players go from Number1 guys on their team to do ALL the work....each now have TWO guys to rely on.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Am I the only one to think this trade is questionable? Boston gave up  a whole fuckin lot to land KG...As a fan of KG i wanted KG to go to a legitimate contender and Boston is not. Yes i know they have the "big" three now but ill wait to jump on the bandwagon. I agree with NIK outside of KG,Allen,Peirce the roster is suspect. I guess we have to wait and see....

Exactly...This could ruin Boston in the long run, in a few years, when it's time for all of them to retire (which is going to happen when Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, and Ryan Gomes enter their prime).

Now_Im_Not_Banned

PG Randy Foye...Marko Jaric/Sebastian Telfair
SG Gerald Green...Rashad McCants/Trenton Hassell
SF Ricky Davis...Corey Brewer/Ryan Gomes
PF Al Jefferson...Juwan Howard/Craig Smith
C Mark Blount...Theo Ratliff/Mark Madsen

This team has more of a future than the Celtics IMO.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^fuck a "future"... this will never come even close to what the celtics are right now

why gamble for a potential future when you can have a contender right now? that's pro-bynum-mentality.
No, it's not a sin

SGV

Boston seems more concerned with now, they would much rather win a title now or in the next two years or so. I'm sure they know KG and Allen don't have that many years in them, which is why they are focused on now. And for now, they seem real strong. They'll sign a couple more players to round out the roster. I'm sure the free agents out there know that the Celtics are a force to be reckoned with and want to be on the team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

If Boston doesn't win now, they've fucked themselves with a 30 inch dildo...I'd take Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Randy Foye, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Rashad McCants, Sebastian Telfair, and Craig Smith over KG, Pierce, and Allen.

SGV

If Boston doesn't win now, they've fucked themselves with a 30 inch dildo...I'd take Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer, Randy Foye, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Rashad McCants, Sebastian Telfair, and Craig Smith over KG, Pierce, and Allen.

If we're talking long run, you're right. But Al Jefferson, Brewer, Foye, Green, Gomes, McCants, Telfair and Smith are not winning you a championship. KG, Allen and PP have a MUCH better chance at winning now...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They did the same exactly move Pat Riley did when he acquired Shaq.
He won a title tho, so he wasn't wrong.
Dunno about the Celtics. We will see.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol@thinking they had ever won a title if they held on to them young fucks
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Look at how pathetic the Heat look now...They've gone as low as digging in our trashcans. The Heat were lucky to win that one faulty title, and the fact that Shaq wasn't the main factor also doesn't help the comparisons to this trade. Lets say Boston has about 3-5 years to contend in the east. If they don't win a title in that span, and I don't see them doing it, Danny Ainge will be looked at in a completely different light...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

lol@thinking they had ever won a title if they held on to them young fucks

They could build and become contenders... Al Jefferson is a beast, he has what it takes. Honestly, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and a budding Al Jefferson coulda' been better off. Way less gaps to fill in, and a lot more depth...

SGV

Look at how pathetic the Heat look now...They've gone as low as digging in our trashcans. The Heat were lucky to win that one faulty title, and the fact that Shaq wasn't the main factor also doesn't help the comparisons to this trade. Lets say Boston has about 3-5 years to contend in the east. If they don't win a title in that span, and I don't see them doing it, Danny Ainge will be looked at in a completely different light...

Without Shaq though, the Heat wouldn't have won... You can dispute it all you want, but its the truth. The chips all will fall into place for the Celts... People will want to be apart of this for sure. They will get at least another two or three key signings from free agency just based on this deal alone.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Without Shaq though, the Heat wouldn't have won... You can dispute it all you want, but its the truth. The chips all will fall into place for the Celts... People will want to be apart of this for sure. They will get at least another two or three key signings from free agency just based on this deal alone.

Key signings? They're looking to sign guys like Eddie House and Dikembe Mutombo... Heat would be in much better shape right now, they'd be elite contenders for years to come and an undipsuted top force in the league if they hadn't made that trade. There'd be a chance for 10+ years of title contention around Wade and it'd pretty much be a dynasty, Miami woulda been the clear-cut top team in the east of the last few years plus years to come... Now, I dunno if Boston screwed themselves in the same way, but there's a chance...PeACe

SGV

Key signings? They're looking to sign guys like Eddie House and Dikembe Mutombo... Heat would be in much better shape right now, they'd be elite contenders for years to come and an undipsuted top force in the league if they hadn't made that trade. There'd be a chance for 10+ years of title contention around Wade and it'd pretty much be a dynasty, Miami woulda been the clear-cut top team in the east of the last few years plus years to come... Now, I dunno if Boston screwed themselves in the same way, but there's a chance...PeACe

Theres still a few months before the season starts, they will make the right moves to have good depth... Much like Kobe and the Lakers, the Celtics just want to win right now and worry about the future later. If that means getting rid of some bright young stars who have yet to develop, then so be it. It worked for the Heat. They won a title, like they wanted. Thats all the Celtics are looking for. You keep talking about the future as if the Celtics thing this is a move that will benefit them 10 years down the line. They are looking as far as 09 probably. Maybe even 2010... but thats it. Yes, they lost a lot of talent that would pan out later on down the line, but they gained some talent that will benefit them almost immediately.