Author Topic: Jay Z..just quickly...  (Read 478 times)

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
Jay Z..just quickly...
« on: August 02, 2001, 02:47:03 PM »
...drop your thought on him
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Re: Jay Z..just quickly...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2001, 02:50:46 PM »
hes ok
but sumtimes i hate him  :-/
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2001, 02:58:31 PM »
The early Jay-Z and middle Jay-Z were good but nowadays he just seems to throw out anything and make more sales on the latest album then he did on the previous one. I think nowadays Jay-Z's flows are just wack and that he uses rhyming words like "bay/say"...."hello/fellow" and shit like that and also claiming he is the best also makes me dislike his stuff because of that.....I mean people know he ain't the best so why say it? I mean that's why he get's dissed...not cause people think he's great and if they diss him they gonna qudruple album sales it's cause he thinks he is the best and a lot of people disagree.......sumary = Bring back the old Jay-Z
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

RivieraIII

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2001, 03:16:40 PM »
Y'all can hate as much as you want, Jigga is one of the dopest MCs ever. As far as I'm concerned his lyrical showing on "Dynasty" were the closest to "Reasonable Doubt", in other words SERIOUSLY HOT. Even KRS-One said on BET that Jay-Z is dope (and KRS-One doesn't give props like THAT if you know him...) A lot of y'all West Coast cats hate coz he consistently outsells most of your favorite MCs from L.A. But, hey. like my nigga Snoop said, "game recognizes game". Jay-Z is exactly #10 on my all-time greatest MCs list (each at their VERY BEST) behind Pac, Rakim, Nas, LL, Cube, Scarface, KRS, Snoop and Biggie. He's followed by Rage, Treach, Guru, Eminem, Pun, DMX, Redman, Xzibit, Kurupt and Lauryn. So he's CLASSIC. And by the way, JAY-Z is about to drop his 6th album: that should tell u A WHOLE LOT knowing today's Rap game: u can't be wack and keep on going double plat (especially for a NY rapper) even if you own ur label. Doubt it? Ask Puffy, Master P, Cash Money and others...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2001, 03:21:13 PM »
he use to be good now he's an average rapper living off his name

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2001, 03:23:27 PM »
Lost soulja is dat u on dat pic?

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2001, 03:26:55 PM »

u can't be wack and keep on going double plat (especially for a NY rapper) even if you own ur label. Doubt it? Ask Puffy, Master P, Cash Money and others...

As BigJake says he just uses his name now to sell also all them NY people keep buying his shit so obviously it gonna sell.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2001, 03:38:41 PM »
Never liked him(Reasonable Doubt is an exception), never will
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2001, 03:56:05 PM »
yo i did this post on jay z for a reason...if i remember correctly and i know im rite...i did an exact same post round about wen change the game remix dropped...some1 posted a thread on it...every1 was like Jay Z is wack now and he cant rhyme...then on the other thread the same people and some additions were like ye tha song is tight as fuck Jay Z comes very nice on thatr song...y'all up on his dick becos Daz and Kurupt appeared on the song...and in the other thread peeps were like naw he's gone...so its just a reminder dont hate on east coast just cos its a west based forum...and whoeva sed that u only listen to eastcoast music to get yo mind off the smell of piss in subways is a fool...joints like 36 chambers..Illmatic all DOPE AS FUCK...and y'all still hate on the east...i just had to point that out..

peace
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2001, 04:06:42 PM »
Why do people always assume it's cause of an East Coast, West Coast thing...the times of you are either East or West are gone  and I just don't like Hay-Z's music that he brings out now but I do listne to Eastcoast music and West coast and I although I like West Coast better this does not reflect my opinions on Jay-Z.

RivieraIII

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2001, 10:41:11 PM »

yo i did this post on jay z for a reason...if i remember correctly and i know im rite...i did an exact same post round about wen change the game remix dropped...some1 posted a thread on it...every1 was like Jay Z is wack now and he cant rhyme...then on the other thread the same people and some additions were like ye tha song is tight as fuck Jay Z comes very nice on thatr song...y'all up
on his dick becos Daz and Kurupt appeared on the song...and in the other thread peeps were like naw he's gone...so its just a reminder dont hate on east coast just cos its a west based forum...and whoeva sed that u only listen to eastcoast music to get yo mind off the smell of piss in subways is a fool...joints like 36 chambers..Illmatic all DOPE AS FUCK...and y'all still hate on the east...i just had to point that out..

peace

I FEEL YOU...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2001, 11:45:00 PM »
I dont like him AT ALL. Sorry, but thats just how a mothafucka feel. I think he's the most shallow, materialistic, egotistical thing to ever grace hip hop. God I cant stand him. You can talk all you want about how great you think Reasonable Doubt is, I aint buying it [literally and the otherway]. He is exactly the thing hip hop doesnt need. And me hating him has nothing to do with his sales, cuz my fav MC ever, Pac [rip], RIPS him a new asshole when it comes to sales. I just dont like his style, nor do I like his subject matter.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Ne@p

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I`m a bad muthafucka
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2001, 01:04:48 AM »
Like Rieviera said:Jay Z is one of the dopest Mc`s ever.Beanie is dope too.I love that joint,Mack Bitch ;D

Joachim

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2001, 03:31:55 AM »
Never felt Jigga at all, and ima bigger East Coast fan then i am a West Coast fan...

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2001, 08:50:55 AM »
Though I'm a east coast nigga (B'more), I've always preferred west coast hip hop (Dre, Snoop,DPG in particular). I've never really felt Jay-Z though I must admit that some of his rhymes are clever.  

The worst part for me is that I agree with Suge Knight on this subject. I once read in The Source or XXL that Suge says Jay-Z prospered from the death of Biggie. If you think about it, this is very true. He was known before that, but after Biggie's death, he became huge.